DBG returns to competitive darts 18th May 2023 in ADC?

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Cooking with Sanchez

Re: DBG returns to competitive darts: March 23rd ADC.

Post by Cooking with Sanchez » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:27 pm

It’s a very misleading thread title.
The Thorn wrote: Be honest Malt sometimes women deserve a slap or 2.

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:03 pm

Suspect Device wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:56 am
Ross, Bob wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:41 pm
daveboygreen wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:19 pm
Suspect Device wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:57 am
daveboygreen wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:06 pm

Looking like I was right to rest up instead of playing last night, Back pain has died right down, Just had a couple of small twinges going up and down the stairs at home, Foot has eased off a bit as well pain wise but still a lot of swelling and can't wiggle my toes much at all but fucked if I know what's happened to my left knee...Its a tad sore and a bit stiff, First time that's happened, I guess its because all my weight is being put on my left foot/leg then ive done some damage to it, Another exciting weekend for me then laid up resting :D
Get down to Holland and Barratt and get some CBD oil. Worked wonders for my back. Worth a shot. Get Sanchez, I mean the wife to rub it in for you. Good luck, mate.
Left knee is fucked, Not entirely sure what exactly ive done
Stop running away from competitive darts mate, that might help.
You're young, yet fucked Dave. I watched Clarkson's Farm series 2 where he had his cow slaughtered. Got me thinking.
I aint that young mate, Couldn't have happened at a worse time for me as I had planned a holiday (Well got the Mrs on at me for a holiday lol) and also some Easter darts comps which I was looking forward to and had planned with the foot injury to at least be fit enough for those but no fucking chance now.

Good news is the right foot is good now even with taking my weight now so its a good job im not a fat bastard, Knee is still as it was with the addition of shooting pains from my knee down to my shin anytime I move it, Appointment on Thursday to have it looked at so just have to grin and bear it for a couple of days until I hopefully find out what the fuck has happened.

Mabbsy

Re: The Failure of DBG to return to competitive darts action, 23/3/23

Post by Mabbsy » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:23 pm

Sigh.

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:26 pm

More injury prone than Jack Wilshere

Cooking with Sanchez

Post by Cooking with Sanchez » Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:14 pm

Excellent title correction.
The Thorn wrote: Be honest Malt sometimes women deserve a slap or 2.

Suspect Device

Post by Suspect Device » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:55 pm

daveboygreen wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:03 pm
Suspect Device wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:57 am

Get down to Holland and Barratt and get some CBD oil. Worked wonders for my back. Worth a shot. Get Sanchez, I mean the wife to rub it in for you. Good luck, mate.
You're young, yet fucked Dave. I watched Clarkson's Farm series 2 where he had his cow slaughtered. Got me thinking.
I aint that young mate, Couldn't have happened at a worse time for me as I had planned a holiday (Well got the Mrs on at me for a holiday lol) and also some Easter darts comps which I was looking forward to and had planned with the foot injury to at least be fit enough for those but no fucking chance now.

Good news is the right foot is good now even with taking my weight now so its a good job im not a fat bastard, Knee is still as it was with the addition of shooting pains from my knee down to my shin anytime I move it, Appointment on Thursday to have it looked at so just have to grin and bear it for a couple of days until I hopefully find out what the fuck has happened.
What you're saying is you're more of a John Part greedy cunt shape than your old youtube clip? My body is fucked but I'm still giving it a go. There is hope for every fucker out there.
Friday 19th May 2023 - Finally free of the bull shitting no mark of a dart player. :roll:

Suspect team: CT1 Filip Sebesta - Greg Ritchie - Jeroen Mioch - CT2 Sean Fisher - Charlie Martin - CT3 Owen Bates - CT4 Thibault Tricole

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:28 pm

Suspect Device wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:55 pm
daveboygreen wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:03 pm

What you're saying is you're more of a John Part greedy cunt shape than your old youtube clip? My body is fucked but I'm still giving it a go. There is hope for every fucker out there.
No not at all :lol:

I can cope with playing with back pain, Pain in my hand, Shoulder pain etc but with the knee and foot issue all I would have done was made things a lot worse.

My knee is a lot better after resting it for a week but still not even going to risk practice at the moment let alone playing any comps, I just have to allow myself time to heal and take things easy for now but hopefully it won't be long before I am able to play.

D & B

Post by D & B » Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:04 am

Pop over to Switzerland, they are able to help us all with your problem.

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:32 pm

Finally managed to throw some darts earlier today, 2 lots of 10 mins but im moving very slowly.

Looked at the ADC events for later this week and keep thinking...Should I/Shouldn't I enter one, Preferred venue is filling up fast so in 2 minds at the min.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:35 pm

daveboygreen wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:32 pm Finally managed to throw some darts earlier today, 2 lots of 10 mins but im moving very slowly.

Looked at the ADC events for later this week and keep thinking...Should I/Shouldn't I enter one, Preferred venue is filling up fast so in 2 minds at the min.
It's your call but I don't see the point while you are still struggling, there are events on all the time
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:42 pm

The Thorn wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:35 pm
daveboygreen wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:32 pm Finally managed to throw some darts earlier today, 2 lots of 10 mins but im moving very slowly.

It's your call but I don't see the point while you are still struggling, there are events on all the time
I know there are plenty of events on but looking at the first series, Players who qualified for finals etc put in a lot of events.

I have accepted that in the short term it will be difficult for me to play in complete comfort and will have to be careful with my foot and knee but not impossible as long as I don't over do it, I will see what I can manage practice wise over the next couple of days and decide then if I enter one or not.

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:28 pm

Think im going to play tomorrow night, Knee is holding up well just mild pain and discomfort to deal with and managed about an hour on the practice board today in 10-15 min stints.

It certainly is strange having to change how I stand and not put any weight on my left leg, Going to take a lot of getting used to and ive noticed my throw has changed 3 or 4 times already with releasing the darts too early, Think I will need to play a few of these events to get my throw consistent and get used to how I need to balance, Might have a shocker, Might surprise myself when its 'game on' but it will be much needed match practice.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:42 pm

Good luck dave

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:46 pm

Randall wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:42 pmGood luck dave
Cheers mate, Just have to give it a go and see how the darts go, If nothing else it will give me an idea as to what I need to practice and work on over the next few weeks.

Emulsfier

Post by Emulsfier » Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:10 pm

daveboygreen wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:28 pm Think im going to play tomorrow night, Knee is holding up well just mild pain and discomfort to deal with and managed about an hour on the practice board today in 10-15 min stints.

It certainly is strange having to change how I stand and not put any weight on my left leg, Going to take a lot of getting used to and ive noticed my throw has changed 3 or 4 times already with releasing the darts too early, Think I will need to play a few of these events to get my throw consistent and get used to how I need to balance, Might have a shocker, Might surprise myself when its 'game on' but it will be much needed match practice.
If you decide to go I hope you enjoy yourself.
Boring Brendas number one and (almost) only fan.

Smithys number one and (definitely not) only hater.

Mabbsy

Re: The return of DBG to return to competitive darts action? 06/04/23

Post by Mabbsy » Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:42 pm

Sigh

Suspect Device

Post by Suspect Device » Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:12 pm

daveboygreen wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:42 pm
The Thorn wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:35 pm

I know there are plenty of events on but looking at the first series, Players who qualified for finals etc put in a lot of events.

I have accepted that in the short term it will be difficult for me to play in complete comfort and will have to be careful with my foot and knee but not impossible as long as I don't over do it, I will see what I can manage practice wise over the next couple of days and decide then if I enter one or not.
Why always me? Another post vanished!
If it was me I'd wait til I was ready to toe the oche for my debut in ADC and not before. Depends what your goal is. If you're willing to play when you shouldn't and average 50-60+ that's what you'll do as the players from your original group were in this region. Start missing doubles and you could end up dragged into the 40's average zone and you'll know you've made a bad decision playing too soon with another 3-4 matches still to play. The positive will be 1 point on the board! :mrgreen:

Playing whilst injured v ability are 2 different things. If I was betting on it I'd say health comes first and you won't go.

How points are won*
Group stage 1 point
1/4 final 2 points
Semi 3 points
Final 4 points
Winner 5 points

You're looking for a run of semi finals or better to amass points to qualify for finals day, and the top 8 or is it now 4? at a venue get a share of the pooled money. Criteria has changed for Series 2.

*The stage you finish at is the points you win. ie if you win the event you get 5 points only.
Friday 19th May 2023 - Finally free of the bull shitting no mark of a dart player. :roll:

Suspect team: CT1 Filip Sebesta - Greg Ritchie - Jeroen Mioch - CT2 Sean Fisher - Charlie Martin - CT3 Owen Bates - CT4 Thibault Tricole

Greipel

Post by Greipel » Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:12 am

Mabbsy wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:42 pmSigh
Be more positive.

Suspect Device

Post by Suspect Device » Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:57 am

D & B

Post by D & B » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:19 am

Here we go again!