The Trials and Tribulations of Team Malt

General day to day stuff
TheMalteseDart

The Trials and Tribulations of Team Malt

Post by TheMalteseDart » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:21 pm

With Q School entries confirmed and some of my favourite players departing from the darting scene it is time to post about my jobber squad and their successes and failures for the upcoming season. I wanted somewhere to keep track of how they're doing more closely as I like some who aren't tour card holders so thought why not post here and then you can all join in and take the piss out of my players for losing round 1 with 78 averages.

Team Malt: (In Ranking Order)

Rob Cross - My best hope of a major win this year realistically. World class player looks back to good form again going into 2023.

Nathan Aspinall - Another top class player who's had a great year but there's always concern over his injury and release issues, never know how the year will pan out for him

Ryan Searle - An ok year last year. His inconsistency remains but on his day can beat anyone and I expect to see him in every tournament this year.

Ross Smith - A newer member of the team, I've always liked him but last year was the first time I was really rooting for him and it went well with a European Championship win, hopefully he can carry on his 2nd half of the season form into the new year.

Willie O'Connor - Decent year with a semi final in the UK Open and a decent end to the year but the middle bit was awful, will hope for better in 2023

Ryan Joyce - In my top 3 favourites, had a bad year last year but he should be looking up the rankings not down.

Richie Edhouse - Like him cos he's an Essex lad, and think he's underrated, also funny as nobody else on the forum seems to like him

Steve Beaton - LIkely to be the god's last year on tour, hopefully it's an enjoyable one.

Devon Petersen - Form is absolutely awful, hopefully he can find something but I have little hope

Steve Lennon - Missed out on the Worlds, has to get there next year to stand a chance of keeping the card.

Joe Murnan - Scraped his tour card last year, will need a big year to keep it again.

Non tour card holders

Andy Boulton - Entering Q School again, will be one of the favourites in the UK one to get back on tour but it's a tough school.

Jason Lowe - hasn't even bothered, fuming. Can't kick him out of the team but I doubt he'll bother playing in anything, lazy bastard.

Scott Baker - He's entered into Q School which is good. A proper classic speed jobber, I like his mod style though and enjoy watching him, hope he has a good year.

Jeffrey De Zwaan - Probably the only Dutch player I actually support, he should get back on to the tour, but never know with him. Great player to watch on his day.

Prakash Jiwa - At Q School, unlikely to do anything, but he got to the Worlds last year which was a great achievement

Ryan Furness - A very random member of team Malt, took a liking to him on the Modus Muck, also at Q School

Dragutin Horvat - choking jobber, shit haircut but another one I find fun to root for cos i'm a weirdo.

David Pallett - wind up merchant player, bit of a shithouse. A good member of the team and a good player

There's other players I like to see do well, Chisnall, Clayton, Gilding, O'Shea but the team would be too big with all them and i don't care as much for them.

COME ON TEAM MALT!!

The Thorn

Re: The Trials and Tribulations of Team Malt

Post by The Thorn » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:35 pm

Good post mate
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:38 pm

The Thorn wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:35 pm Good post mate
Appreciate the support mate, my emotions are high tonight after Lowe's omission from Q School

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:39 pm

TheMalteseDart wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:38 pm
Appreciate the support mate, my emotions are high tonight after Lowe's omission from Q School
I feel the same after Gates and Thornton not making it. It's a disgrace

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:40 pm

The Thorn wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:39 pm
TheMalteseDart wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:38 pm
I feel the same after Gates and Thornton not making it. It's a disgrace
I had a feeling Thornton would sack it but surprised about Gates. It's always a sad day when you see your favourite players don't believe in themselves anymore

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:44 pm

His lordship needs to rinse again

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:45 pm

Randall wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:44 pm His lordship needs to rinse again
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:47 pm

The Thorn wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:45 pm
What?

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:47 pm

Randall wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:47 pm
What?
Rinse?

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:47 pm

The Thorn wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:47 pm
Randall wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:47 pm
What?
Rinse?
Just noticed

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:22 pm

Who's his lordship?

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:22 pm

TheMalteseDart wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:22 pm
Who's his lordship?
De Zwaan

Greipel

Post by Greipel » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:29 pm

I thought it's about forum members like my team.

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:33 pm

Greipel wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:29 pm I thought it's about forum members like my team.
All of TDF are part of my team

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:34 pm

Randall wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:22 pm
TheMalteseDart wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:22 pm
Who's his lordship?
De Zwaan
Ah yes. I think it will be another difficult year for him even if he gets his card back though

Ross, Bob

Post by Ross, Bob » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:34 pm

TheMalteseDart wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:21 pm With Q School entries confirmed and some of my favourite players departing from the darting scene it is time to post about my jobber squad and their successes and failures for the upcoming season. I wanted somewhere to keep track of how they're doing more closely as I like some who aren't tour card holders so thought why not post here and then you can all join in and take the piss out of my players for losing round 1 with 78 averages.

Rob Cross - My best hope of a major win this year realistically. World class player looks back to good form again going into 2023.

Nathan Aspinall - Another top class player who's had a great year but there's always concern over his injury and release issues, never know how the year will pan out for him

Ryan Searle - An ok year last year. His inconsistency remains but on his day can beat anyone and I expect to see him in every tournament this year.

Ross Smith - A newer member of the team, I've always liked him but last year was the first time I was really rooting for him and it went well with a European Championship win, hopefully he can carry on his 2nd half of the season form into the new year.

Willie O'Connor - Decent year with a semi final in the UK Open and a decent end to the year but the middle bit was awful, will hope for better in 2023

Ryan Joyce - In my top 3 favourites, had a bad year last year but he should be looking up the rankings not down.

Richie Edhouse - Like him cos he's an Essex lad, and think he's underrated, also funny as nobody else on the forum seems to like him

Steve Beaton - LIkely to be the god's last year on tour, hopefully it's an enjoyable one.

Devon Petersen - Form is absolutely awful, hopefully he can find something but I have little hope

Steve Lennon - Missed out on the Worlds, has to get there next year to stand a chance of keeping the card.

Joe Murnan - Scraped his tour card last year, will need a big year to keep it again.

Non tour card holders

Andy Boulton - Entering Q School again, will be one of the favourites in the UK one to get back on tour but it's a tough school.

Jason Lowe - hasn't even bothered, fuming. Can't kick him out of the team but I doubt he'll bother playing in anything, lazy bastard.

Scott Baker - He's entered into Q School which is good. A proper classic speed jobber, I like his mod style though and enjoy watching him, hope he has a good year.

Jeffrey De Zwaan - Probably the only Dutch player I actually support, he should get back on to the tour, but never know with him. Great player to watch on his day.

Prakash Jiwa - At Q School, unlikely to do anything, but he got to the Worlds last year which was a great achievement

Ryan Furness - A very random member of team Malt, took a liking to him on the Modus Muck, also at Q School

Dragutin Horvat - choking jobber, shit haircut but another one I find fun to root for cos i'm a weirdo.

David Pallett - wind up merchant player, bit of a shithouse. A good member of the team and a good player

There's other players I like to see do well, Chisnall, Clayton, Gilding, O'Shea but the team would be too big with all them and i don't care as much for them.

COME ON TEAM MALT!!
Sad git.

Greipel

Post by Greipel » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:36 pm

TheMalteseDart wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:33 pm
Greipel wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:29 pm I thought it's about forum members like my team.
All of TDF are part of my team
That's shocking, but great.

+1

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:41 pm

Ross, Bob wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:34 pm
TheMalteseDart wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:21 pm With Q School entries confirmed and some of my favourite players departing from the darting scene it is time to post about my jobber squad and their successes and failures for the upcoming season. I wanted somewhere to keep track of how they're doing more closely as I like some who aren't tour card holders so thought why not post here and then you can all join in and take the piss out of my players for losing round 1 with 78 averages.

Non tour card holders

COME ON TEAM MALT!!
Sad git.
Yes

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:46 pm

Leave Malt alone. He puts great effort in this.

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:13 am

First title of the year for the team. Well done Edhouse, beating Lukeman in the final