2023 World Series of Darts

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Greipel

Re: 2023 World Series of Darts

Post by Greipel » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:55 pm

Kovács-Agócs
Major-Strbik/Jagicza

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:28 pm

Kovacs overcomes Jagicza in what looks like a de facto final

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:04 pm

Major Nandor wins the final, both Grieps and I are firmly in the mud

Greipel

Post by Greipel » Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:14 pm

Congrats to our nine dart hero, he's a good player too.

devosteve

Post by devosteve » Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:15 pm

Cracking 167 from smith to win that game. Excellent atmosphere, overall.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:24 pm

Nandor is a good player in fairness but I'm not sure he is good enough to beat top 8 PDC pros. Kovacs would have had a better chance. But congrats this is a big step for Hungarian darts
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Greipel

Post by Greipel » Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:39 pm

The Thorn wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:24 pm Nandor is a good player in fairness but I'm not sure he is good enough to beat top 8 PDC pros. Kovacs would have had a better chance. But congrats this is a big step for Hungarian darts
I thought exactly the same.

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:58 pm

VAN GERWEN EXTENDS WORLD SERIES RECORD FURTHER; AS MANY TITLES AS THREE DARTS LEGENDS COMBINED

https://dartsnews.com/pdc/van-gerwen-ex ... s-combined

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:13 pm

Got an idea that kinda came from the Online Darts live lounge last night from that Jack Garwood fella.

Think we'd all agree that for a World Series last weekend was mildly interesting. Mainly because it's in the USA but I also think the North American Championship going alongside it gave it more meaning, it should've made someone qualify for the Worlds

What if all World Series had a domestic event running alongside it like this one did? Things like the Eastern Europe qualifier normally take place at the end of the year, but they could put it on the same weekend as the Polish World Series event. Could do like a pre qualifier for it which is open to anyone, top 8 qualify for the 'East European World Cup Qualifier' and they also become the 8 players to play in the event against the PDC boys as well.

Not sure if this is good or bad and probably has loads of flaws, but thought i'd put it out there

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:18 pm

TheMalteseDart wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:13 pm Got an idea that kinda came from the Online Darts live lounge last night from that Jack Garwood fella.

Think we'd all agree that for a World Series last weekend was mildly interesting. Mainly because it's in the USA but I also think the North American Championship going alongside it gave it more meaning, it should've made someone qualify for the Worlds

What if all World Series had a domestic event running alongside it like this one did? Things like the Eastern Europe qualifier normally take place at the end of the year, but they could put it on the same weekend as the Polish World Series event. Could do like a pre qualifier for it which is open to anyone, top 8 qualify for the 'East European World Cup Qualifier' and they also become the 8 players to play in the event against the PDC boys as well.

Not sure if this is good or bad and probably has loads of flaws, but thought i'd put it out there
Why not
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:21 pm

TheMalteseDart wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:13 pm Got an idea that kinda came from the Online Darts live lounge last night from that Jack Garwood fella.

You would have to leave spaces for the likes of Ratty in the Polish event and Shitters and Heta in the Oceania series

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:25 pm

tungsten tossers wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:21 pm

You would have to leave spaces for the likes of Ratty in the Polish event and Shitters and Heta in the Oceania series
I did think this. Could lead to the same scenario that happened this weekend with the winner not being able to qualify. And giving the runner up the Worlds Spot would be a bit weird

DeepFriedRat

Post by DeepFriedRat » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:29 pm

TheMalteseDart wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:25 pm

I did think this. Could lead to the same scenario that happened this weekend with the winner not being able to qualify. And giving the runner up the Worlds Spot would be a bit weird
Ffs I put something like this in the Ally Pally thread and it got completely ignored :(

Barney's chief slave. Also severely addicted to The Ferret.

An ultimate jamboree of Lord Hobo-loving, Sexy Joyce worshipping, Smudger smearing, Goldfingering, Beautiful Biscuit bonanza.

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:42 pm

DeepFriedRat wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:29 pm
TheMalteseDart wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:25 pm

Ffs I put something like this in the Ally Pally thread and it got completely ignored :(
Sorry mate, Smithy was probably stealing all the attention at the time

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:07 pm

It works well in the North American system as they already get a separate qualifying route through the CDC, the NA Championship is only open to 8 players, but it's almost like a 'bonus' route, it wouldn't work for Eastern Europe for whom they only have one qualifier--I don't think they or the Antipodeans would like to limit their qualifier to 8 players. I also wouldn't like the idea of an Eastern European World Cup qualifier in that sort of format as I'd prefer their consistency over the year to be rewarded

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:56 am

Major secures Poland Darts Masters spot at Hungarian Qualifier
https://www.pdc.tv/news/2023/06/06/majo ... -qualifier

2023 Poland Darts Masters
July 7-8 - COS Torwar, Warsaw

PDC Representatives
Michael Smith
Michael van Gerwen
Gerwyn Price
Rob Cross
Luke Humphries
Danny Noppert
Dimitri Van den Bergh
Nathan Aspinall

East Europe Representatives
Krzysztof Ratajski
Krzysztof Kciuk
Radek Szaganski
Boris Krcmar
Karel Sedlacek
Adam Gawlas
Nandor Major
Polish Qualifier - July 1
not a girl

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:02 pm

Nandor Major dont know much about him. last 64 of the World Masters lost to Chris Landman
The Thorn wrote: ↑Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:39 pm
Rather top myself than watch 1 minute of this shite

Thorn about Modus Super Series in 2021 - He now is an avid fan

Greipel

Post by Greipel » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:55 pm

oche balboa wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:02 pm Nandor Major dont know much about him. last 64 of the World Masters lost to Chris Landman
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 6824723192

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:16 pm

Cheers mate
The Thorn wrote: ↑Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:39 pm
Rather top myself than watch 1 minute of this shite

Thorn about Modus Super Series in 2021 - He now is an avid fan

ChrisW

Post by ChrisW » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:08 am