Site Admin

Re: Darts experience

Post by Randall » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:39 pm

Just call each other cunts please.
I'm too tired for this

Ross, Bob

Darts experience

Post by Ross, Bob » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:44 pm

Randall wrote:Just call each other cunts please.
I'm too tired for this
Ban ‘em all, let God sort ‘em out and have a rest mate.

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:45 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:32 pm
Randall wrote:Let's not start firing Twit cannon again please
Eh?
Twit must still be auto corrected.

“I don’t want you lumbering me with some old bow-wow who don’t know the difference between a Liebfraumilk and a can of Tizer!“

Wolflanternbumbag

Post by Wolflanternbumbag » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:43 pm

daveboygreen wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:18 am
The Ginge Reaper wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:02 am
The Thorn wrote:You can see why no one takes you seriously Dave can't you? No matter how many times you have won the Oxford singles league or whatever bullshit that was :D
Friday Night Oxford Singles League, won without dropping a leg.

Not a single dart player in the area has any memory of this event Image
Darts World September or October 2000 write up done by Kit Young on the Oxfordshire page would prove different, Perhaps our newly joined expert on all things darts.. Suspect Device may have been a Darts World collector and have it laying around his gaff.
Benson
YORKSHIRE GRIT

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:44 pm

Jimmi wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:45 pm
Eh?
Ban Jimmi please you shouldn't say Twit
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:46 pm

Wolflanternbumbag wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:43 pm
The Thorn wrote:You can see why no one takes you seriously Dave can't you? No matter how many times you have won the Oxford singles league or whatever bullshit that was :D

Darts World September or October 2000 write up done by Kit Young on the Oxfordshire page would prove different, Perhaps our newly joined expert on all things darts.. Suspect Device may have been a Darts World collector and have it laying around his gaff.
Benson
You on about the Benson 4's league?

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:46 pm

The Thorn wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:44 pm
Jimmi wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:45 pm
Eh?
Ban Jimmi please you shouldn't say Twit
Grassing cunt

“I don’t want you lumbering me with some old bow-wow who don’t know the difference between a Liebfraumilk and a can of Tizer!“

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:46 pm

Randall wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:39 pm Just call each other cunts please.
I'm too tired for this
Cunt :)

Wolflanternbumbag

Post by Wolflanternbumbag » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:48 pm

daveboygreen wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:46 pm

Benson
Possibly
YORKSHIRE GRIT

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:49 pm

Jimmi wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:46 pm
I'm too tired for this
Why do you have a towel as your avatar

I will wipe my dick on it
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:50 pm

Wolflanternbumbag wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:48 pm
daveboygreen wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:46 pm
The Ginge Reaper wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:02 am Friday Night Oxford Singles League, won without dropping a leg.

Benson
Possibly
I never played in that shite.

Wolflanternbumbag

Post by Wolflanternbumbag » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:54 pm

Beneath a man of your ability - I don’t blame you mate
YORKSHIRE GRIT

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:58 pm

The Thorn wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:49 pm
Jimmi wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:46 pm
I'm too tired for this
Why do you have a towel as your avatar

I will wipe my dick on it
Towelie would suck you off if you said you could get him high.

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:03 pm

Jimmi wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:58 pm Towelie would suck you off if you said you could get him high.
A character that was purposefully designed to be crap.
HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:25 am I will debate with anybody on here without becoming indignant and self righteous. I certainly never get angry.

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:04 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:03 pm
Jimmi wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:58 pm Towelie would suck you off if you said you could get him high.
A character that was purposefully designed to be crap.
:lol: yep and he ended up being one of the most popular.

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:57 pm

I believe Dave

Wolflanternbumbag

Post by Wolflanternbumbag » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:03 am

TheMalteseDart wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:57 pm I believe Dave
+1
YORKSHIRE GRIT

Suspect Device

Post by Suspect Device » Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:11 am

Buccellati wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:37 pm Hi all,

I've been playing darts for about 1.5 years now. I've gone from a 30-ish average up to a 75-80 average now during practice.

Since May I have been playing a few games on the DT and games in WDF-related tournaments. (never played a match against someone else in person before then-- done a few online darts matches but am not a fan - I won a few games though) - there's not really a darts community in my area, so it's quite impossible to play against others nearby (within 40 miles). So all I do are PDC DT games and WDF-related tournaments.

As you can understand, or not, I was (still am) very nervous when playing a game.

Although the draw hasn't been lucky for me at times, in all those games I have played since I started playing matches (about 15) I haven't averaged more than in the mid-60s. And I have never won a game. (15-0 loss streak lol) Got close in a few games (last leg decider lost), but other than that; nothing (and I got whitewashed a few times (by people averaging mid-60s to mid-70s)).

I keep averaging between 55 and 65 during those matches. Now, I don't blame all of this on my nerves as that's something that will always be a part of the game, but I am wondering whether I am good enough to actually compete in those competitions. I'm not sure what can be done.

What do you all think?

Is there something that can be done? Do I need to acknowledge I'm not good enough? Do I need to do certain practice games? Or just keep going and hope I'll have a lucky draw at one point, win that game, and just hope I'll be able to win more games from then?

Thanks!

Buccellati,
regardless if you're a fishing multiple or not, the ADC could be ideal for you and any players looking to play darts in a tournament environment without added pressure of having to win every match. It can also test your endurance. I'd find these much better than playing local league darts where you play only 1 match on the night.

The ADC provides a platform for competitive darts and having introduced The Vault Round Robin Series (starts tomorrow/today now, Monday 2nd January for DBG in Erdington) this looks ideal. Each venue is capped at 24 players (some won't be filled to capacity) with 4 groups of 6 players. If your group has 6 players you will play a minimum of 5 matches on the night. Best of 3 legs, 501 straight start, double finish.

To play in these you need a yearly membership costing £10 which starts the day you sign up.
The Vault Round Robin Series is £6 to enter
9 locations across the UK, find the one nearest to you.
Arrive 19:30 for 19:45 start.
Finish time around 22:30.

There's also something called "Level Up" which is based on your running average were you'd play against those of similar ability.

Information can be found here...
https://uk.dartscircuit.com/round-robins

Alcohol or soft drinks when playing darts?
A lot has changed since I first played in pubs and clubs. Nowadays there's Darts Schools across many cities for youngsters to learn and develop away from public houses and its temptations. How you handle your own pressure may determine your drinking habits. If you're a bit of a drinker then playing darts tournaments can become bad in that over a long day you hit the wall. Not only that but heavy on your wallet and liver. Then there's the hangovers. Your own mindset is key. Pressure comes from within, like self motivation. Darts as an individual sport is scientifically proven to be played between the ears. What is it, 80%?

Whether you're a Beau Greaves aged 18, or Josh Rock aged 21, they played and developed their game for years. It didn't happen over night. There's many youth players (actual youths, not those pdc youths in their 20's) winning with incredible averages that would compete against most players.

You're playing on the DT, which suggests you play the Development Tour and not some other abbreviated events? How'd you get involved without playing local leagues as that talent pool has to be the most competitive for their age. For a novice you're swimming with sharks on the DT which is a very high bar. WDF comps too with great young talent in both.

If you average 50 to 60+ that's decent. So what if you haven't won a game? That's dedication and shouldn't be knocked. Are you getting darts at doubles as these misses ruin averages. I like the Euro stats graphic which shows your first 9 darts thrown in a leg which shows a scoring average. Always something to work with.

Edgar posted a YouTube video showing a guide to different competitive levels: I'll try find it. Meanwhile:

Pub Darts
Compete 45/55 average
Excell 65/70

Super League
Compete 65
Excell 75/80

County Darts
Call up B 72+
Excell B 77+

Call up A 75+
Excell A 83+

Practice games? Again there are many available online, plus different levels and tasks to take on.You most certainly have more questions than answers. You'll figure it out I'm sure. Which area has the nearest Vault venue to you? Mine like DBG is Midlands.

P.S. I was the stereotypical alcohol drinking darts player. Nowadays I can go without and mainly drink water.

Cheers multi !!!I

Found it - take a look. Matt also has vids of practice routines and different skill levels which may be of interest. I'm sure you can find them yourself.

Friday 19th May 2023 - Finally free of the bull shitting no mark of a dart player. :roll:

Suspect team: CT1 Filip Sebesta - Greg Ritchie - Jeroen Mioch - CT2 Sean Fisher - Charlie Martin - CT3 Owen Bates - CT4 Thibault Tricole

Suspect Device

Post by Suspect Device » Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:36 am

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:49 pm
Mabbsy wrote:

You mean you don't have a framed copy hanging up in your toilet to remind you ?
Aye everyone has a copy of a 22 year old magazine lying around to check the story out Image
As the OP said, what's happened to this thread? :lol:

I used to buy darts world. Way longer than 22 years ago too. To no ones surprise I no longer have them. I concur with Dave that some articles are fabricated. A quick local newspaper memory. Our team won the ko cup beating the big headed cunts from the next town. The report said they'd missed loads of match doubles in the deciding leg to win the cup and I "showed them how to do it" with my first attempt at a double like I was way behind in the scoring. For starters it wasn't the deciding leg, let alone deciding match. Just believe everything you read I guess.

So what's with all the bickering between Thorn and DBG? Things escalated quickly. The lad only asked for a bit of advice
Friday 19th May 2023 - Finally free of the bull shitting no mark of a dart player. :roll:

Suspect team: CT1 Filip Sebesta - Greg Ritchie - Jeroen Mioch - CT2 Sean Fisher - Charlie Martin - CT3 Owen Bates - CT4 Thibault Tricole

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:47 am

Suspect Device wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:36 am
The Ginge Reaper wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:49 pm
Mabbsy wrote:
The Ginge Reaper wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:02 am Friday Night Oxford Singles League, won without dropping a leg.

You mean you don't have a framed copy hanging up in your toilet to remind you ?
Aye everyone has a copy of a 22 year old magazine lying around to check the story out Image
As the OP said, what's happened to this thread? :lol:

I used to buy darts world. Way longer than 22 years ago too. To no ones surprise I no longer have them. I concur with Dave that some articles are fabricated. A quick local newspaper memory. Our team won the ko cup beating the big headed cunts from the next town. The report said they'd missed loads of match doubles in the deciding leg to win the cup and I "showed them how to do it" with my first attempt at a double like I was way behind in the scoring. For starters it wasn't the deciding leg, let alone deciding match. Just believe everything you read I guess.

So what's with all the bickering between Thorn and DBG? Things escalated quickly. The lad only asked for a bit of advice
You really are trying way too hard now to get my attention.

Firstly the article was written by someone that was in the county clic that I upset and did not play in the league, He was simply provided with the results and did the write up to suit his own agenda and also at the time had a say in my not being selected for county as it meant that one of his mates would lose their spot.

Secondly, For years CWS has claimed I never won the title, He claimed he had spoken to the son of the person I beat in the final and claimed it never happened, I never beat his dad or played in that league....You can look back through posts from years back from him that cement this.