Darts thickest counters - One to keep an eye on

How's your arrers going?
Suspect Device

Darts thickest counters - One to keep an eye on

Post by Suspect Device » Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:03 pm

Jose De Sousa heads the table as he is a major winner.

Next is Soldier Gates. Lakeside and Ally Pally participant.

3rd is Matty Washbrook. An unknown outside his area to virtually all of the darting world.

For years I've kept my eye on Matty's progress from local lower league darts to taking him to comps. He's now a County "A" player. The one thing no single person can help him with is his maths.

Thick as pig shit after all these years yet this hasn't stopped his progress. Winning his latest super league match 3-0 with a whopping 96 average against baby Apache Jiwa.

On the same night Nigel Heydon beat the Chief Apache Prakash Jiwa in a mid 70's slug fest.

He's one to keep an eye on...
Friday 19th May 2023 - Finally free of the bull shitting no mark of a dart player. :roll:

Suspect team: CT1 Filip Sebesta - Greg Ritchie - Jeroen Mioch - CT2 Sean Fisher - Charlie Martin - CT3 Owen Bates - CT4 Thibault Tricole

Ross, Bob

Re: Darts thickest counters - One to keep an eye on

Post by Ross, Bob » Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:05 pm

Add Barney to the list. Delusional cheating cunt thinks he has won 5 world titles.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:07 pm

Ross, Bob wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:05 pm Add Barney to the list. Delusional cheating cunt thinks he has won 5 world titles.

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:21 pm

Dean Winstanley was terrible at counting, wasn't he?
HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:09 pm
Randall wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:05 pm Dulla has never faced anything like Taylor in top gear.
Maybe he could have dragged Taylor down, we will never know.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:23 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:21 pm Dean Winstanley was terrible at counting. wasn't he?
At darts, too
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:06 pm

Suspect Device wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:03 pm Jose De Sousa heads the table as he is a major winner.

3rd is Matty Washbrook. An unknown outside his area to virtually all of the darting world.

For years I've kept my eye on Matty's progress from local lower league darts to taking him to comps. He's now a County "A" player. The one thing no single person can help him with is his maths.

Thick as pig shit after all these years yet this hasn't stopped his progress. Winning his latest super league match 3-0 with a whopping 96 average against baby Apache Jiwa.

On the same night Nigel Heydon beat the Chief Apache Prakash Jiwa in a mid 70's slug fest.

One of my fondest memories of tournament darts was destroying Nigel Heydon at Allens Bar, Travelled there with Dave Honey and I drew Graham Hall first round and beat him 4-0, Despite this and a great performance all I could hear when warming up before Nigel Heydon was 6 or 7 people stood watching nearby saying Nigel was going to destroy me, Dave Honey was the only one who was saying I would batter Heydon...And I did....4-1, At 3-1 up I started the 5th leg 140-140, Nigel started 55 and 45 on his throw, He threw his 7th dart of the leg and it landed low in the 20, He looked at me then put his other 2 darts in his throwing hand and slammed them off the board, Refused to shake my hand after I won the leg and match with ease so got a mouthful from me after for his disgusting behaviour, The leg I lost was on my throw when I was 3-0 up and he started swearing and pacing about behind me, He started losing his shit when I went 2-0 up with a 121 finish and all I had to do from there was stay calm and keep them straight.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:08 pm

Ross, Bob

Post by Ross, Bob » Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:09 pm

daveboygreen wrote:
Suspect Device wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:03 pm Jose De Sousa heads the table as he is a major winner.

One of my fondest memories of tournament darts was destroying Nigel Heydon at Allens Bar, Travelled there with Dave Honey and I drew Graham Hall first round and beat him 4-0, Despite this and a great performance all I could hear when warming up before Nigel Heydon was 6 or 7 people stood watching nearby saying Nigel was going to destroy me, Dave Honey was the only one who was saying I would batter Heydon...And I did....4-1, At 3-1 up I started the 5th leg 140-140, Nigel started 55 and 45 on his throw, He threw his 7th dart of the leg and it landed low in the 20, He looked at me then put his other 2 darts in his throwing hand and slammed them off the board, Refused to shake my hand after I won the leg and match with ease so got a mouthful from me after for his disgusting behaviour, The leg I lost was on my throw when I was 3-0 up and he started swearing and pacing about behind me, He started losing his shit when I went 2-0 up with a 121 finish and all I had to do from there was stay calm and keep them straight.
Me me me me me me me me me

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:29 pm

Its frightening how many players, particularly the younger ones are total dog turd at counting.

The continual reliance on electronic scoreboards doesn't help

Suspect Device

Post by Suspect Device » Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:12 pm

Dave's post has made me cry...

...With laughter 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

How I wish for this to be true as I'd never disbelieve anything said on the internet. 😉

Beating an opponent is something that happens in darts.

There's Jackonory, makebelief, and believing something that never actually happened to be true.

Let me see, I've known Nigel from playing darts since he was a teenager. Both of us played in the same Super league team, his county call up followed mine. I've lost count the amount of seasons we played together in the same local teams. Neither of us have never been trophy hunters and Nige still plays with his brothers and mates at the local club.

The time frame spans easily over 30 years and in all this time I've never known the big man to lose his rag, (throw darts away yes, I bollock him if he does that) let alone swear on the oche and most of all refuse to shake an opponents hand?!

Brilliant!

I cannot wait to see him tomorrow to simply ask about the events that must be true because why else would they have been posted?

This is why I started by saying please be true as it's totally out of Nige's character.

Either way I will enjoy listening to his version if indeed he can remember and have a right good laugh about it.

P.S. No one fucks with Honey. Top bloke and martial arts master.
Friday 19th May 2023 - Finally free of the bull shitting no mark of a dart player. :roll:

Suspect team: CT1 Filip Sebesta - Greg Ritchie - Jeroen Mioch - CT2 Sean Fisher - Charlie Martin - CT3 Owen Bates - CT4 Thibault Tricole

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:22 pm

I am Nigel Heydons brother. Dave is right. Nigel is a cunt.

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:24 pm

Suspect Device wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:12 pm Dave's post has made me cry...

...With laughter 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

How I wish for this to be true as I'd never disbelieve anything said on the internet. 😉

Beating an opponent is something that happens in darts.

There's Jackonory, makebelief, and believing something that never actually happened to be true.

Let me see, I've known Nigel from playing darts since he was a teenager. Both of us played in the same Super league team, his county call up followed mine. I've lost count the amount of seasons we played together in the same local teams. Neither of us have never been trophy hunters and Nige still plays with his brothers and mates at the local club.

The time frame spans easily over 30 years and in all this time I've never known the big man to lose his rag, (throw darts away yes, I bollock him if he does that) let alone swear on the oche and most of all refuse to shake an opponents hand?!

Brilliant!

I cannot wait to see him tomorrow to simply ask about the events that must be true because why else would they have been posted?

This is why I started by saying please be true as it's totally out of Nige's character.

Either way I will enjoy listening to his version if indeed he can remember and have a right good laugh about it.

P.S. No one fucks with Honey. Top bloke and martial arts master.
Absolutely 100% true, It was after I moved into where I live now so 6 ish years ago? If you know Honey then ask him, He was there watching it as was John Fowler who was running the comp and the board we were on was right next to the control desk.

Before that day I wouldn't have had Nigel down as the sort to behave in that way, I used to always have a chat with him at comps.

Suspect Device

Post by Suspect Device » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:40 pm

Love these stories dave, mate.
All the names that get mentioned I seem to know, bar you. That puzzles me.

I posted this when I'd first signed up and joined in with these non playing piss takers.

Every dog has its day and every fucker has an off day. I will bollock the cunt for sure.

Cheers!

Captain Hobo

Post by Captain Hobo » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:46 pm

Mabbsy wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:29 pm Its frightening how many players, particularly the younger ones are total dog turd at counting.

Last time I was playing in my local league (pre-Covid) a young kid was asked to chalk a game and pulled out his phone to use the calculator.
"The United States will be the first nation to land an astronaut on Nars"

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:56 pm

Captain Hobo wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:46 pm
Mabbsy wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:29 pm Its frightening how many players, particularly the younger ones are total dog turd at counting.

a young kid was asked to chalk a game and pulled out his phone to use the calculator.
That’s shocking. :lol:
“I don’t want you lumbering me with some old bow-wow who don’t know the difference between a Liebfraumilk and a can of Tizer!“

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:02 pm

Jimmi wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:56 pm
Captain Hobo wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:46 pm

a young kid was asked to chalk a game and pulled out his phone to use the calculator.
That’s shocking. :lol:
Seen it a few times

vizIIsto

Post by vizIIsto » Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:08 pm

It's obviously John Henderson.

Suspect Device

Post by Suspect Device » Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:00 am

daveboygreen wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:06 pm

Hey buddy DBG,
I popped in to see Heydon tonight playing in a local league match. Got talking all sorts darts misadventures we'd been on which led nicely to asking how many times he had lost his head in a match. Did he ever swear during a match and did he ever walk off without shaking an opponents hand.

The answer he gave was quite different to what was said to have happened. It was all a bit inconclusive to me, but tying all the incidents together in a match seemed highly unlikely. Like I'd said, this is totally out of Nige's character.

This doesn't surprise me as he was in constant tournament grind when on the pro tour and a small comp situation like this has gone over his head without a second thought.

You said it happened, he's non the wiser. Shame, as I wanted an outcome. Call it a draw.

P.S. Who else you had a run in with?

Cheers!

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:20 am

Suspect Device wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:00 am

Hey buddy DBG,
I popped in to see Heydon tonight playing in a local league match. Got talking all sorts darts misadventures we'd been on which led nicely to asking how many times he had lost his head in a match. Did he ever swear during a match and did he ever walk off without shaking an opponents hand.

The answer he gave was quite different to what was said to have happened. It was all a bit inconclusive to me, but tying all the incidents together in a match seemed highly unlikely. Like I'd said, this is totally out of Nige's character.

This doesn't surprise me as he was in constant tournament grind when on the pro tour and a small comp situation like this has gone over his head without a second thought.

You said it happened, he's non the wiser. Shame, as I wanted an outcome. Call it a draw.

Cheers!
I suppose next you will say he does not know me or can't recall ever playing me?

So what answer did he give?

Suspect Device

Post by Suspect Device » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:34 pm

daveboygreen wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:20 am
Suspect Device wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:00 am

Hey buddy DBG,

Cheers!
I suppose next you will say he does not know me or can't recall ever playing me?

So what answer did he give?
Been a few years since I saw a men's league match. I sat amongst my old team mates and brought up many darting memories.

I asked the question but never mentioned you or any individual by name. I don't even know what name you play under?

Nigel has no recollection of said events. I didn't dwell on it nor probe further as the stories and laughter rolled on...

Btw he played in Spag's tournament at Woesley castle on Saturday reaching the last 16 where his run ended 5-3 against Luke Woodhouse