General day to day stuff
Captain Hobo

Re: How’s work? Do you like your job?

Post by Captain Hobo » Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:17 pm

The Thorn wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:57 pm
Captain Hobo wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:44 pm
The Thorn wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:37 pm
vizIIsto wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:02 am
Captain Hobo wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:45 am I found Thorn's office.
► Show Spoiler
Disappointed it's not called The Big Tissue.
Funny that I read this now I have just wanked 5 minutes ago and there is a tissue in front of me on my desk containing the results
Wanking From Home
Funny thing I will log it as work time
Twice?
"The United States will be the first nation to land an astronaut on Nars"

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:30 pm

Captain Hobo wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:17 pm
The Thorn wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:57 pm
Captain Hobo wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:44 pm
The Thorn wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:37 pm
vizIIsto wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:02 am

Disappointed it's not called The Big Tissue.
Funny that I read this now I have just wanked 5 minutes ago and there is a tissue in front of me on my desk containing the results
Wanking From Home
Funny thing I will log it as work time
Twice?
No. I'm not that immoral.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Ross, Bob

Post by Ross, Bob » Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:55 pm

I still have a job.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:57 pm

4 more weeks

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:44 pm

New job started this year, going well, not much stress

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:18 pm

TheMalteseDart wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:44 pm New job started this year, going well, not much stress
Nice one mate keep it up
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:30 pm

The Thorn wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:18 pm
TheMalteseDart wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:44 pm New job started this year, going well, not much stress
Nice one mate keep it up
Cheers man you too

Deadshot

Post by Deadshot » Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:33 pm

Considering a new one. Took on loads of new responsibilities with not enough renumeration during covid after management made loads of folk redundant with a plan to hiring new when the sun is shining. Here we are years later still run ragged, management still a bunch of useless cunts. Most everybody they sacked were good people and great workers. Plenty they kept when they could have sacked are useless bastards that couldn't run a bath. Folk that cant get an email out when a delivery is cancelled or delayed, can't tell people when they're out of the office, dissapear when the shit hits the fan.

Cooking with Sanchez

Post by Cooking with Sanchez » Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:49 pm

My job is boring (finance/project management) but fully remote and very well paid. My department runs itself and I have no obligation ever to go into the office.

Would love something a bit more engaging but I don’t think I want to work more than a couple of hours a day 😂
The Thorn wrote: Be honest Malt sometimes women deserve a slap or 2.

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:45 pm

Still enjoying mine, decent flexible hours, good pay and the benefits are good enough.

What's not to like ?

Ross, Bob

Post by Ross, Bob » Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:07 pm

Mabbsy wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:45 pm Still enjoying mine, decent flexible hours, good pay and the benefits are good enough.

What's not to like ?
Yes Thorn, what's not to like about working?

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:53 pm

Ross, Bob wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:37 am Thread created for 2 purposes:
- Randall complaining
- thorn not posting in it
Good luck with the second part.
‘For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and everyone who humbles himself will be exalted’

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:56 pm

Ross, Bob wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:37 pm Feels nice, pretending I have a job.
As if anybody would do that on here.
‘For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and everyone who humbles himself will be exalted’

Deadshot

Post by Deadshot » Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:34 pm

Felt under the weather but hauled my self in this morning because I knew my department is light on bodies and we have loads of really tight deadlines on. Cunt management drag me off to go load pallets because apparently they’ve made a mistake authorising holidays and that department doesn’t have enough bodies and we can’t be arsed getting any casual poles in to do it. The end result is i’m fatigued, feel run down and will likely be really ill but will haul myself in again because I need to book all the stuff that didn’t get booked for really urgent stuff and no doubt be inundated with requests for stuff that would have cropped up today needed for tomorrow!

sick of this shit, feel like death at half 7 on an evening yet again. no darts for me. sleep instead

Ross, Bob

Post by Ross, Bob » Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:38 pm

Deadshot wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:34 pm Felt under the weather but hauled my self in this morning because I knew my department is light on bodies and we have loads of really tight deadlines on. Cunt management drag me off to go load pallets because apparently they’ve made a mistake authorising holidays and that department doesn’t have enough bodies and we can’t be arsed getting any casual poles in to do it. The end result is i’m fatigued, feel run down and will likely be really ill but will haul myself in again because I need to book all the stuff that didn’t get booked for really urgent stuff and no doubt be inundated with requests for stuff that would have cropped up today needed for tomorrow!

sick of this shit, feel like death at half 7 on an evening yet again. no darts for me. sleep instead
A Randall multiple there.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:41 pm

Solid effort

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:43 pm

Ross, Bob wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:38 pm
Deadshot wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:34 pm Felt under the weather but hauled my self in this morning because I knew my department is light on bodies and we have loads of really tight deadlines on. Cunt management drag me off to go load pallets because apparently they’ve made a mistake authorising holidays and that department doesn’t have enough bodies and we can’t be arsed getting any casual poles in to do it. The end result is i’m fatigued, feel run down and will likely be really ill but will haul myself in again because I need to book all the stuff that didn’t get booked for really urgent stuff and no doubt be inundated with requests for stuff that would have cropped up today needed for tomorrow!

A Randall multiple there.
Deadshot don't strike be as someone dumb enough to work 3 hours a day for free.

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:28 pm

Hope it gets better for you.

I don't think the forum could handle two Randall's ;)
HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:25 am I will debate with anybody on here without becoming indignant and self righteous. I certainly never get angry.

Deadshot

Post by Deadshot » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:31 pm

Randall (incorrectly) thinks he is too old to move on. His experience and work ethic is in desire at any number of places in the UK now.

I won't be letting this shit carry on. Already all sorts cropping up today because I couldn't do my job yesterday. There's a lot of work we sub out which comes down to busy schedules of other businesses, transport etc before you consider the bits we dont hold as stock and buy in as and when to get the job done because of the costs involved. At least five jobs are delayed, one of them is our biggest customer who do not allow deadlines to alter (penalty charges). I've got a little list going of everything impacted and will corner management with it to ask what the fuck is going on and if they plan on repeating yesterday. Pretty much all of my colleagues are burnt out, stressed to fuck or looking for new work all because they want to keep the wage bill down to keep profits high. The rate it is going we will start losing customers and staff for fun.

I'm not a "my contract doesn't say that" type. I don't mind jumping in when times get tough to help out but I have a role here and if it isn't done their are knock on effects that I get it in the neck for.

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:38 pm

I know it’s easier said than done when we have bills to pay etc but life is too short to stay somewhere that’s making you
miserable. Getting out of a shitty job is a beautiful feeling