Upcoming darts comps with my mate DBG

How's your arrers going?
daveboygreen

Re: Upcoming darts comps with my mate DBG

Post by daveboygreen » Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:37 pm

Suspect Device wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:32 pm
daveboygreen wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:02 pm
Suspect Device wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:02 pm Malt, no fucker who doesn't play comps in the Midlands would know me. I last played comps years ago. The whippersnapper is keen to give it a go so I'm taking her on the road. My back is that fucked that I'm playing in socks only on the carpeted oche. Fantastic pdc like set up. The pain enjured reminds me why I stopped playing all together.

P.S. I'm still to meet my buddy dave...looking forward to it.
I have met a Robert Singleton a few years back but doubt it is you as the one I met was through work and to my knowledge never played darts, Are you by any chance from Lurgan in N.Ireland?

Also I tend to decide on the day if im going to any local area comps which is why I have not entered any of Spags comps or other upcoming events that have been advertised and I am not a fan of holiday park darts weekends these days.
Btw, No fucker has ever called me Bob at darts. I'm not from Lurgan though I've used the flag of Norn Iron flights. This pain is no gain, not even fun. Probably time to retire for the 3rd, 4th, 5th time and post more shite on here along with everyone else.

Cheers!
Do you know my mate Kenny Tipping?

Also since lockdown ive had to endure a great amount of pain but have learned that if im determined enough to play then I can play through it, All down to your own pain threshold and how you deal with it mentally I suppose.

Captain Hobo

Post by Captain Hobo » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:47 pm

Suspect Device wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:32 pm
daveboygreen wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:02 pm
Suspect Device wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:02 pm Malt, no fucker who doesn't play comps in the Midlands would know me. I last played comps years ago. The whippersnapper is keen to give it a go so I'm taking her on the road. My back is that fucked that I'm playing in socks only on the carpeted oche. Fantastic pdc like set up. The pain enjured reminds me why I stopped playing all together.

P.S. I'm still to meet my buddy dave...looking forward to it.
I have met a Robert Singleton a few years back but doubt it is you as the one I met was through work and to my knowledge never played darts, Are you by any chance from Lurgan in N.Ireland?

Also I tend to decide on the day if im going to any local area comps which is why I have not entered any of Spags comps or other upcoming events that have been advertised and I am not a fan of holiday park darts weekends these days.
Btw, No fucker has ever called me Bob at darts. I'm not from Lurgan though I've used the flag of Norn Iron flights. This pain is no gain, not even fun. Probably time to retire for the 3rd, 4th, 5th time and post more shite on here along with everyone else.

Cheers!
So you are from the Betfair forum?
"The United States will be the first nation to land an astronaut on Nars"

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:25 am

Hmmmm.....Post more shite on here.....Perhaps a previous member....

Hello IFAG

Suspect Device

Post by Suspect Device » Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:19 am

Haha, what happened to ILad?

Betfair forum Hobo?
Is that the one that used to be thriving but now no one hardly posts anymore? I'm sure Dave could answer that one.
Friday 19th May 2023 - Finally free of the bull shitting no mark of a dart player. :roll:

Suspect team: CT1 Filip Sebesta - Greg Ritchie - Jeroen Mioch - CT2 Sean Fisher - Charlie Martin - CT3 Owen Bates - CT4 Thibault Tricole

Captain Hobo

Post by Captain Hobo » Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:53 am

Suspect Device wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:19 am Haha, what happened to ILad?

Betfair forum Hobo?
Is that the one that used to be thriving but now no one hardly posts anymore? I'm sure Dave could answer that one.
Yep, that's it. They stopped new members posting years ago and it's basically dead now.

So, are you saying you're not the member from there who played Willie O'Connor at the UK Open?
"The United States will be the first nation to land an astronaut on Nars"

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:37 am

Betfair forum Hobo?
I set him up a treat and got the cunt banned....If you have any personal information on members here then please do send it to me via pm....mate.

Greipel

Post by Greipel » Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:43 pm

Betfair forum Hobo?
FUCK THAT PRICK!!!!!

Suspect Device

Post by Suspect Device » Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:32 pm

Banned members, anonymous members, named members...."They're all here."
Friday 19th May 2023 - Finally free of the bull shitting no mark of a dart player. :roll:

Suspect team: CT1 Filip Sebesta - Greg Ritchie - Jeroen Mioch - CT2 Sean Fisher - Charlie Martin - CT3 Owen Bates - CT4 Thibault Tricole

Suspect Device

Post by Suspect Device » Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:43 pm

Been on a right good trip down memory lane. Chatting with The Silencer, Demolition Man and Neil Birkin (owner of former darts forum Double16.)

Decided last night I wouldn't play no more. Whippersnapper insisted I enter the mens singles £20. Used my very old set of darts (grip worn off them) and like a different player. Opponent hitting T20's for fun before match. Game on he was all over the place. My darts were flowing with minimal back issues? Missed handful of doubles to lead 3-0, 2-1, lead 3-1, missed doubles for the match...3-2, 3-3. Decider I'm first...missed tops with 3. Opponent missed tops with 2. 20, D10...Boom. scraped home.

Suspect Device

Post by Suspect Device » Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:01 pm

That's my lot. Body held up well. The Guinness no doubt helped. Opponent was superb. Lost 4-1

Byes a plenty in ladies. Whippersnapper yet to play. First match will be from last 64...

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:34 pm

Suspect Device wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:01 pm That's my lot. Body held up well. The Guinness no doubt helped. Opponent was superb. Lost 4-1

Byes a plenty in ladies. Whippersnapper yet to play. First match will be from last 64...
From what I heard they didn't have to play to any level to beat you.

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:44 pm

daveboygreen wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:34 pm
Suspect Device wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:01 pm That's my lot. Body held up well. The Guinness no doubt helped. Opponent was superb. Lost 4-1

Been playing any locals recently in preparation for January? Hope you’re healing up well mate

Suspect Device

Post by Suspect Device » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:25 pm

You know what Dave. That's a fair reflection. Especially as I haven't played an opponent for a few years.

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:42 pm

Suspect Device wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:25 pm

You know what Dave. That's a fair reflection. Especially as I haven't played an opponent for a few years.
I hadn't played an opponent in almost 2 and a half years, Turned up at a comp and drew Graham Hall 1st round and this was when I could barely put any weight on my foot, Went 2-0 up on him with a tidy couple of big finishes then missed 3 darts at D18 to go 3-0 up on him, Been a similar story ever since...Hitting the big finishes and missing the simple ones but winning a lot more games than I lose.

About 5 weeks later I played James Woodhouse in the first round in the same venue, Against throw I went out in 15 darts with a 111 finish, 2nd leg on throw couldn't hit shit, Then had a 12 against throw with a ton plus out, Again on throw couldn't hit shit then I reeled off 3 legs with ease for a 5-2 win, Then won the next match 5-0 and foot went again, won the next 5-4 from 4-2 down and lost in the semis to Gav Smith where every chance I had was a single dart to finish and I dragged everything wide but knew that was my balance shot to fuck.

SInce then I have put a lot of work in practice to ease the pressure I am putting on my foot so that I can practice for longer, I will play a couple of comps in the next 2-3 weeks and I will know where my game is that then but playing through the pain and pushing myself to practice through it has been a big help.

Suspect Device

Post by Suspect Device » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:46 pm

I saw footage of my throw and it's all over the place, hence why I retired years ago. I don't bring to the fore what problems I have with my release, and my leg has developed a crazy movement of its own. It is what it is though I only really mention my back problem. If I figure out how to post the footage on here I will.

When I was mentally tuned in to tournament darts I would wear black shoes and black trousers with a polo shirt. Drink an absolute shed load of booze and go to war.

In Yarmouth I wore t-shirt, shorts and socks with no shoes. Drank no more than 2 pints on any given day and did ok considering. I had no intention of playing in anything other than the mixed pairs with whippersnapper, but she insisted. It was more torture than fun.

Looking for comps this weekend for her to play. Preferably round robin. If you know of any let us know.

Cheers!

Suspect Device

Post by Suspect Device » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:01 am

It's been good to see Graham progressing through the ranks. Seemed every week he was winning a comp. Played amazing darts on his modus debut but seems to have levelled off of late with some disappointing performances in the new modus venue.

I couldn't say who else is coming through in the Birmingham side of the Midlands as not been over there for some time now.

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:13 am

Suspect Device wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:01 am It's been good to see Graham progressing through the ranks. Seemed every week he was winning a comp. Played amazing darts on his modus debut but seems to have levelled off of late with some disappointing performances in the new modus venue.

I couldn't say who else is coming through in the Birmingham side of the Midlands as not been over there for some time now.
Richard Hosey always does well in the opens in these parts, There is a pairs and singles event coming up at Droitwich Working Mans Club soon, Get a few younger players there, Young lass called Enola plays in most there and Kidderminster and she looks a good prospect at only 13/14 years old and attends them with Worcester County player Paul Wallace and his Mrs, Got a few 15-18 year old lads that get to a lot of local comps now so its good for the youngsters at the moment locally.

Most of the comps local to me seem to be on a rotation, 2 venues in Kidderminster and Droitwich workies then you have Willenhall and Wolverhampton area comps, Never been to 8 Ball and Arrows in Kidderminster who have regular comps but heard it is a decent venue, Cue and Brew in Kidderminster aint like it was in tthe old days and I love the Workies in Droitwich..Had some epic days/nights there over the past years.

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:19 am

Suspect Device wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:01 am It's been good to see Graham progressing through the ranks. Seemed every week he was winning a comp. Played amazing darts on his modus debut but seems to have levelled off of late with some disappointing performances in the new modus venue.

Also if you want to keep up to date with comps around the area, Add Chevell Smith on Facebook, She runs a page that has a lot of the events on locally and If you wanted to get your wippersnapper into county youth darts and don't mind playing from Droitwich/Worcestershire then speak to Lauren Honey who runs the county youth teams.

Suspect Device

Post by Suspect Device » Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:34 am

daveboygreen wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:13 am

Richard Hosey always does well in the opens in these parts, There is a pairs and singles event coming up at Droitwich Working Mans Club soon, Get a few younger players there, Young lass called Enola plays in most there and Kidderminster and she looks a good prospect at only 13/14 years old and attends them with Worcester County player Paul Wallace and his Mrs, Got a few 15-18 year old lads that get to a lot of local comps now so its good for the youngsters at the moment locally.

Most of the comps local to me seem to be on a rotation, 2 venues in Kidderminster and Droitwich workies then you have Willenhall and Wolverhampton area comps, Never been to 8 Ball and Arrows in Kidderminster who have regular comps but heard it is a decent venue, Cue and Brew in Kidderminster aint like it was in tthe old days and I love the Workies in Droitwich..Had some epic days/nights there over the past years.
Richard Hosey always does well in the opens in these parts,
[/quote]

Hosey was a very good prospect back then, though a poor temperament. I played that fucker twice both run by Stokesy RIP. Won't go into detail on here but have 3 stories regarding us clashing at comps. Btw I beat him both times. He's one of the sorest cry baby losers I've come across.

Droitwich wmc, rileys Solihull, and my last ever comp in Birmingham area, though we didn't play each other that day. Bromsgrove comes to mind (I'll have to check fb for details as I remember putting in a write up.)

Suspect Device

Post by Suspect Device » Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:36 am

P.S. Cheers for the comps information. Much appreciated.