2023 Greatest Show on Earth

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
The Thorn

Re: 2023 Greatest Show on Earth

Post by The Thorn » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:46 pm

daveboygreen wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:44 pm
The Thorn wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:42 pm
TheMalteseDart wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:41 pm Jason Lowe has fucked it
Someone has posted, must post the first thing that comes to mind in reply.
Indeed
I can see why Senna likes you
WDF4LIFE

If you want to shine like the sun, first you have to burn like it

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:50 pm

The Thorn wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:46 pm
Indeed
I have to post to every topic and respond to every post no matter how unrelevant it is to me because it is the only way of me interacting with anyone except my mum
We know.

Greipel

Post by Greipel » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:52 pm

:lol:

HalloweenJack

2023 Greatest Show on Earth

Post by HalloweenJack » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:53 pm

daveboygreen wrote:
The Thorn wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:46 pm
Indeed
I have to post to every topic and respond to every post no matter how unrelevant it is to me because it is the only way of me interacting with anyone except my mum

‘For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and everyone who humbles himself will be exalted’

DeepFriedRat

Post by DeepFriedRat » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:55 pm

Dark times for Team Malt if Murnan, Joyce, Boulton and Shining miss out

Dark times for Thorn if Joyce makes it, as Malt and I will shower him with the sex god's angelic fluids

Barney's chief slave. Also severely addicted to The Ferret.

An ultimate jamboree of Lord Hobo-loving, Sexy Joyce worshipping, Smudger smearing, Goldfingering, Beautiful Biscuit bonanza.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:57 pm

DeepFriedRat wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:55 pm Dark times for Team Malt if Murnan, Joyce, Boulton and Shining miss out Dark times for Thorn if Joyce makes it, as Malt and I will shower him with the sex god's angelic fluids
Looking forward to that
WDF4LIFE

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:57 pm

DeepFriedRat wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:55 pm Dark times for Team Malt if Murnan, Joyce, Boulton and Shining miss out Dark times for Thorn if Joyce makes it, as Malt and I will shower him with the sex god's angelic fluids
Yeah the worlds could be shit for me, look at my banner, its possible that only Searle, Asp and Cross will be there. I have no faith in Big Dev right now even with the African route, and will Koltsov be able to attend the east europe qualifier?

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:00 pm

DeepFriedRat wrote:Episode One in my new long-winded 2023 Ally Pally Watch Series (POST ONE)

Changes to the ProTour table after ET11

In
Sexy Steve

Out
Jeffrey

A nightmare weekend for Randall...

Beaton, Soutar and Nentjes all overtake Gawlas and O'Shea, both of whom are now hanging by a thread.

John O'Shea looks especially fucked, as without his 8k from the floor final he made (somehow), he'd be absolutely nowhere. With no more Euro Tours this year and only a handful of floor events, it looks tough for one of the Jacklins' biggest enemies.

Adam Gawlas hasn't made ET12 or 13 either. However, he has not one, two or three but four fucking avenues into the Worlds, if he botches the ProTour. Not the fairest system imo.

1. The Development Tour
2. The World Youth Championship
3. Eastern Europe Qualifier
4. Tour Card Jobberfest

If Gawlas doesn't make the Worlds through the 32 or those methods, he's completely shite and deserves to lose his card. He could win no. 3 but there's no chance he gets through the others.
With only 6 floor events, and relatively ET12/13 qualifications for the players directly in the mix, and a small cushion to Jeffrey, I think John O'Shea might just be OK, it's Gawlas I fear for as he's been dropping like a stone for ages, and with no stage events to help him anymore. He's miles away from a Worlds or a tour card spot (if he needs it) via the Dev Tour, his best bet might be the Eastern Euro event considering Sedlacek definitely won't need to go, and Krcmar probably won't, although in all honesty, I'd back Bialecki over him right now

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:10 pm

DeepFriedRat wrote:POST TWO

The bottom of the ProTour Ally Pally table atm is tighter than the cretinous queue into Bobbi Greaves DM's. Here is the latest with brackets denoting those who've made ETs12 and 13...

25. Krcmar- 22.25k (ET12)
26. Kleermaker- 22.25k
27. Mansell- 21.75k
28. Soutar- 21.5k (ET12)
29. Beaton- 21.25k (BOTH)
30. Nentjes- 21.25k
31. Gawlas- 21.25k
32. O'Shea- 21.25k
---------------------------------
33. De Zwaan- 20k
34. Waites- 19.25k
35. Sex God Joyce- 19k (ET13)
36. Doets- 18.75k (ET12)
37. Murnan- 18.5k
38. JEFF Smith- 17.75k (BOTH)
39. Rafferty- 17.75k
40. Boulton- 17.75k

As we see, we can make a few observations....

1. Big Boris Krcmar's almost home and dry. A win at ET12 plus another 3 wins on the floor and he should be there.

2. Sexy Steve is on the charge. With this past weekend and another two to go, if he keeps this up then he's gonna make it.

3. Soutar as well is in a decent spot. Adept at floor runs, he's capable of losing his game at ET12 but making up for it later. Should be okay.

4. Nentjes has little need to worry, as long as he keeps up his DT form. He should make the Worlds in a Development Tour spot at the bare minimum.

5. I fear for Kleermaker and O'Shea. O'Shea for reasons explained earlier and Kleermaker, because he's a bit shit and he's spunked away many good opportunities so far on the ET to get good money.

6. JEFF has the opportunity to make it, but I'm not optimistic as he's pretty shite truth be told. He'd have probably been better keeping an eye on the CDC route, which Campbell did even though he's well safe.

7. Sex God Joyce *should* make it if he plays like he can. But as Malt and I know, that won't happen as his attitude is filth. I sadly expect him to blow his chance at ET13.

8. Joyce Jr, Kevin Doets looks the most likely to rise into the spots on opportunity. He's got all the same qualifiers ad Gawlas plus he's at ET12. Let's see what he's made of.

9. Although Waites is just outside the spots, I'm not optimistic. He narrowly missed out last year too and it was fatal to his tour card hopes (which are now irrelevant).

10. Jeffrey is in the best form of the chasers, having beat Waterboy a week ago and looks on the up again. Some good runs in the remaining PCs and I think he'll make it. Whether it saves his card, that's an entirely different matter.
Jeffrey might just make the Worlds, but unfortunately for him, he won't be at the Euros, and that £6k would have made a big difference to him, as it stands, unless he has a very good end to the floor season (for all his good form in Europe, he's £5k off the Players Championship finals, which is pretty shocking in a 64 player field), he'll need to make at least the 3rd round of the Worlds to stand a chance of keeping his card. I would fancy him to earn it back again mind you, he's shown some signs of regaining his form, and the last time he lost his card, he gained it back with a vengeance

Further down the list on £17k, I wouldn't rule out Mike de Decker entirely, he may be a very mediocre jobber, but he's at the Belgian ET event as one of the automatic Home Nation qualifiers, win a game or two there and he's right back in the hunt. He's not actually qualified for a single ET event by right all season mind, which is terrible for him as he's been alright on the Players Championship circuit

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:13 pm

DeepFriedRat wrote:POST TWO

The bottom of the ProTour Ally Pally table atm is tighter than the cretinous queue into Bobbi Greaves DM's. Here is the latest with brackets denoting those who've made ETs12 and 13...

25. Krcmar- 22.25k (ET12)
26. Kleermaker- 22.25k
27. Mansell- 21.75k
28. Soutar- 21.5k (ET12)
29. Beaton- 21.25k (BOTH)
30. Nentjes- 21.25k
31. Gawlas- 21.25k
32. O'Shea- 21.25k
---------------------------------
33. De Zwaan- 20k
34. Waites- 19.25k
35. Sex God Joyce- 19k (ET13)
36. Doets- 18.75k (ET12)
37. Murnan- 18.5k
38. JEFF Smith- 17.75k (BOTH)
39. Rafferty- 17.75k
40. Boulton- 17.75k

As we see, we can make a few observations....

1. Big Boris Krcmar's almost home and dry. A win at ET12 plus another 3 wins on the floor and he should be there.

2. Sexy Steve is on the charge. With this past weekend and another two to go, if he keeps this up then he's gonna make it.

3. Soutar as well is in a decent spot. Adept at floor runs, he's capable of losing his game at ET12 but making up for it later. Should be okay.

4. Nentjes has little need to worry, as long as he keeps up his DT form. He should make the Worlds in a Development Tour spot at the bare minimum.

5. I fear for Kleermaker and O'Shea. O'Shea for reasons explained earlier and Kleermaker, because he's a bit shit and he's spunked away many good opportunities so far on the ET to get good money.

6. JEFF has the opportunity to make it, but I'm not optimistic as he's pretty shite truth be told. He'd have probably been better keeping an eye on the CDC route, which Campbell did even though he's well safe.

7. Sex God Joyce *should* make it if he plays like he can. But as Malt and I know, that won't happen as his attitude is filth. I sadly expect him to blow his chance at ET13.

8. Joyce Jr, Kevin Doets looks the most likely to rise into the spots on opportunity. He's got all the same qualifiers ad Gawlas plus he's at ET12. Let's see what he's made of.

9. Although Waites is just outside the spots, I'm not optimistic. He narrowly missed out last year too and it was fatal to his tour card hopes (which are now irrelevant).

10. Jeffrey is in the best form of the chasers, having beat Waterboy a week ago and looks on the up again. Some good runs in the remaining PCs and I think he'll make it. Whether it saves his card, that's an entirely different matter.
Has Ross the boss any chance of qualifying?
‘For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and everyone who humbles himself will be exalted’

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:15 pm

TheMalteseDart wrote:
Yeah the worlds could be shit for me, look at my banner, its possible that only Searle, Asp and Cross will be there. I have no faith in Big Dev right now even with the African route, and will Koltsov be able to attend the east europe qualifier?
Dev always makes it through the African qualifier regularly mind you, there is some talent in that part of the world, but unfortunately they just don't get nearly enough match practice at a high enough level to really develop. Highly doubt Koltsov will be able to play in the Eastern Euro event (Wiki and DartConnect have had him down as a neutral competitor since the invasion?)

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:18 pm

Speaking of O'Shea, I wonder if the suspension of darting activities in Russia and the merging of the two Challenge Tours means that the Irish Matchplay will return?

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:21 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:13 pm
DeepFriedRat wrote:POST TWO The bottom of the ProTour Ally Pally table atm is tighter than the cretinous queue into Bobbi Greaves DM's. Here is the latest with brackets denoting those who've made ETs12 and 13... 25. Krcmar- 22.25k (ET12) 26. Kleermaker- 22.25k 27. Mansell- 21.75k 28. Soutar- 21.5k (ET12) 29. Beaton- 21.25k (BOTH) 30. Nentjes- 21.25k 31. Gawlas- 21.25k 32. O'Shea- 21.25k --------------------------------- 33. De Zwaan- 20k 34. Waites- 19.25k 35. Sex God Joyce- 19k (ET13) 36. Doets- 18.75k (ET12) 37. Murnan- 18.5k 38. JEFF Smith- 17.75k (BOTH) 39. Rafferty- 17.75k 40. Boulton- 17.75k As we see, we can make a few observations.... 1. Big Boris Krcmar's almost home and dry. A win at ET12 plus another 3 wins on the floor and he should be there. 2. Sexy Steve is on the charge. With this past weekend and another two to go, if he keeps this up then he's gonna make it. 3. Soutar as well is in a decent spot. Adept at floor runs, he's capable of losing his game at ET12 but making up for it later. Should be okay. 4. Nentjes has little need to worry, as long as he keeps up his DT form. He should make the Worlds in a Development Tour spot at the bare minimum. 5. I fear for Kleermaker and O'Shea. O'Shea for reasons explained earlier and Kleermaker, because he's a bit shit and he's spunked away many good opportunities so far on the ET to get good money. 6. JEFF has the opportunity to make it, but I'm not optimistic as he's pretty shite truth be told. He'd have probably been better keeping an eye on the CDC route, which Campbell did even though he's well safe. 7. Sex God Joyce *should* make it if he plays like he can. But as Malt and I know, that won't happen as his attitude is filth. I sadly expect him to blow his chance at ET13. 8. Joyce Jr, Kevin Doets looks the most likely to rise into the spots on opportunity. He's got all the same qualifiers ad Gawlas plus he's at ET12. Let's see what he's made of. 9. Although Waites is just outside the spots, I'm not optimistic. He narrowly missed out last year too and it was fatal to his tour card hopes (which are now irrelevant). 10. Jeffrey is in the best form of the chasers, having beat Waterboy a week ago and looks on the up again. Some good runs in the remaining PCs and I think he'll make it. Whether it saves his card, that's an entirely different matter.
Of course he has. He just needs to believe in himself. He is easily capable of winning an event or two
WDF4LIFE

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:24 pm

The Thorn wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:21 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:13 pm
DeepFriedRat wrote:POST TWO The bottom of the ProTour Ally Pally table atm is tighter than the cretinous queue into Bobbi Greaves DM's. Here is the latest with brackets denoting those who've made ETs12 and 13... 25. Krcmar- 22.25k (ET12) 26. Kleermaker- 22.25k 27. Mansell- 21.75k 28. Soutar- 21.5k (ET12) 29. Beaton- 21.25k (BOTH) 30. Nentjes- 21.25k 31. Gawlas- 21.25k 32. O'Shea- 21.25k --------------------------------- 33. De Zwaan- 20k 34. Waites- 19.25k 35. Sex God Joyce- 19k (ET13) 36. Doets- 18.75k (ET12) 37. Murnan- 18.5k 38. JEFF Smith- 17.75k (BOTH) 39. Rafferty- 17.75k 40. Boulton- 17.75k As we see, we can make a few observations.... 1. Big Boris Krcmar's almost home and dry. A win at ET12 plus another 3 wins on the floor and he should be there. 2. Sexy Steve is on the charge. With this past weekend and another two to go, if he keeps this up then he's gonna make it. 3. Soutar as well is in a decent spot. Adept at floor runs, he's capable of losing his game at ET12 but making up for it later. Should be okay. 4. Nentjes has little need to worry, as long as he keeps up his DT form. He should make the Worlds in a Development Tour spot at the bare minimum. 5. I fear for Kleermaker and O'Shea. O'Shea for reasons explained earlier and Kleermaker, because he's a bit shit and he's spunked away many good opportunities so far on the ET to get good money. 6. JEFF has the opportunity to make it, but I'm not optimistic as he's pretty shite truth be told. He'd have probably been better keeping an eye on the CDC route, which Campbell did even though he's well safe. 7. Sex God Joyce *should* make it if he plays like he can. But as Malt and I know, that won't happen as his attitude is filth. I sadly expect him to blow his chance at ET13. 8. Joyce Jr, Kevin Doets looks the most likely to rise into the spots on opportunity. He's got all the same qualifiers ad Gawlas plus he's at ET12. Let's see what he's made of. 9. Although Waites is just outside the spots, I'm not optimistic. He narrowly missed out last year too and it was fatal to his tour card hopes (which are now irrelevant). 10. Jeffrey is in the best form of the chasers, having beat Waterboy a week ago and looks on the up again. Some good runs in the remaining PCs and I think he'll make it. Whether it saves his card, that's an entirely different matter.
Just because I feel the need to reply to every post on here I will post this shite.... Of course he has. He just needs to believe in himself. He is easily capable of winning an event or two
Indeed

Safc

Post by Safc » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:10 pm

So we get a Ukrainian Qualifier and PDC Europe Super League (Is is just the German Super League ?)

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2022/09/21/inte ... ampionship

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:12 pm

Austria is East Europe has well
The Thorn wrote: ↑Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:39 pm
Rather top myself than watch 1 minute of this shite

Thorn about Modus Super Series in 2021 - He now is an avid fan

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:14 pm

Good decision. I expect Ukraine to become a darting hub in the next decade. After the devastation of the war, darts will become very popular there due to the lower cost compared to other sports.
WDF4LIFE

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:15 pm

oche balboa wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:12 pm Austria is East Europe has well
I don't get that either. What a load of crap, I bet Matt Porter has never looked at a map of Europe
WDF4LIFE

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:15 pm

2 for ladies series isn't there
The Thorn wrote: ↑Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:39 pm
Rather top myself than watch 1 minute of this shite

Thorn about Modus Super Series in 2021 - He now is an avid fan

Safc

Post by Safc » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:19 pm

There are now 24 spots listed there plus 2 Women's Series 1 Challenge Tour and 1 Development Tour so 28 in total so still 4 spots unconfirmed.