European Championship Comp Discussion

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Dreamboy501

Re: 2018 PDC European Tour

Post by Dreamboy501 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:01 am

Randall wrote:
sennafan24 wrote:
Dreamboy501 wrote:The last thing I want to see in this year's European Tours is many monotonous finals featuring Van Gerwen and Snakebite where we all know who the winner is before the players take on the stage.
Aye, I would be happy if MVG never played Wright again.
Foregone fucking conclusion.
Head to head must be overwhelming
And Boring since we all know that Wright is Van Gerwen's bitch....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Captain Hobo

Post by Captain Hobo » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:19 am

Dreamboy501 wrote:What I'm hoping for this year in the European Tours is that we will see the other big guns, (Gary, Voltage, Barney and when he returns from his suspension Jackpot in particular), going in these Tournaments and take them seriously.

The last thing I want to see in this year's European Tours is many monotonous finals featuring Van Gerwen and Snakebite where we all know who the winner is before the players take on the stage.

They played 2 Finals on the Euro Tour last year and Peter Wright won them both. :o
"The United States will be the first nation to land an astronaut on Nars"

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:46 am

Randall wrote:
sennafan24 wrote:
Dreamboy501 wrote:The last thing I want to see in this year's European Tours is many monotonous finals featuring Van Gerwen and Snakebite where we all know who the winner is before the players take on the stage.
You used those exact two words heading into the Worlds. Are you seeing a pattern yet?
not a girl

Captain Hobo

Post by Captain Hobo » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:28 pm

Randall wrote:
sennafan24 wrote:
Captain Hobo will get 0 points in the Premier League comp this week
:roll:
"The United States will be the first nation to land an astronaut on Nars"

Dreamboy501

Post by Dreamboy501 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:51 pm

Captain Hobo wrote:
Dreamboy501 wrote:What I'm hoping for this year in the European Tours is that we will see the other big guns, (Gary, Voltage, Barney and when he returns from his suspension Jackpot in particular), going in these Tournaments and take them seriously.

The last thing I want to see in this year's European Tours is many monotonous finals featuring Van Gerwen and Snakebite where we all know who the winner is before the players take on the stage.

They played 2 Finals on the Euro Tour last year and Peter Wright won them both. :o
Yeah that's true and one of them was a whitewash.... About damned time he does one on VG

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:03 pm

Rogg wrote:
Randall wrote:
sennafan24 wrote:
You used those exact two words heading into the Worlds. Are you seeing a pattern yet?
How about now? Randall! Again! You big doughnut!
not a girl

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:05 pm

Rogg wrote:
Rogg wrote:
Randall wrote:
sennafan24 wrote:
How about now? Randall! Again! You big doughnut!
If they play a final or other big game I still know who I'd be backing.
Granted I look like a prick tonight.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:12 pm

Randall wrote:
Rogg wrote:
Rogg wrote:How about now? Randall! Again! You big doughnut!
If they play a final or other big game I still know who I'd be backing.
Granted I look like a prick tonight.
Well probably everybody else would too but it's never a foregone conclusion. All outcomes possible. And don't call my mate Randall a prick. Totally cocked up the quoting here and can't be much bothered.
not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:47 pm

Heroic performance by Cameron Menzies in managing to enter the UK Qualifier for ET1+2. Well played.

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2018/02/09/2018 ... -2-entries
not a girl

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:04 am

Rogg wrote:Heroic performance by Cameron Menzies in managing to enter the UK Qualifier for ET1+2. Well played.

He has got to remember the dates to turn up yet, but yes it is a start for cammy

StevieBoy

Post by StevieBoy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:24 am

tungsten tossers wrote:
Rogg wrote:Heroic performance by Cameron Menzies in managing to enter the UK Qualifier for ET1+2. Well played.

He has got to remember the dates to turn up yet, but yes it is a start for cammy
:lol: :lol:

DartJack Horseman

Post by DartJack Horseman » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:37 am

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:02 pm

Euro Tour 5, which Ratajski has qualified for, clashes with a Challenge Tour weekend. Ratajski properly fucked by the system. This means he probably won't get to play any Players Championship events this year, he'll be too far behind the leaders on the CT. So has to wait for next year to get a tour card and make a proper go at the PDC. This system is really a bit of a mess.
WDF4LIFE

If you want to shine like the sun, first you have to burn like it

Safc

Post by Safc » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:16 pm

So Terry Jenkins is back to playing full tour this year

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:05 pm

The Thorn wrote:Euro Tour 5, which Ratajski has qualified for, clashes with a Challenge Tour weekend. Ratajski properly fucked by the system. This means he probably won't get to play any Players Championship events this year, he'll be too far behind the leaders on the CT. So has to wait for next year to get a tour card and make a proper go at the PDC. This system is really a bit of a mess.

Definitely some issues to iron out, especially as the Euro tour keeps getting bigger.
Ratty seems to have things going against him with the dates etc
The crazy thing is, he was easily good enough to have got his tour card, he just ballsed it up at QS.

I hope he can scrape enough cash through OOM to be in top 64 so he hasn't got to go through this again

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:10 pm

tungsten tossers wrote:
The Thorn wrote:Euro Tour 5, which Ratajski has qualified for, clashes with a Challenge Tour weekend. Ratajski properly fucked by the system. This means he probably won't get to play any Players Championship events this year, he'll be too far behind the leaders on the CT. So has to wait for next year to get a tour card and make a proper go at the PDC. This system is really a bit of a mess.

Definitely some issues to iron out, especially as the Euro tour keeps getting bigger.
The crazy thing is, he was easily good enough to have got his tour card, he just ballsed it up at QS.

I hope he can scrape enough cash through OOM to be in top 64 so he hasn't got to go through this again
He's only 10 places off the 64th spot, but in cash that's 30k which is massive when you don't play pro tours.
He got about 20k from the Euro Tour last year, however he's only qualified for 2 events out of 5 so far.

As for TV events, he'll play the UK Open, GSOD and probably the Euro Championship and Worlds
Ally Pally could be make or break for him.
WDF4LIFE

If you want to shine like the sun, first you have to burn like it

Safc

Post by Safc » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:39 am

The Thorn wrote:
tungsten tossers wrote:

He's only 10 places off the 64th spot, but in cash that's 30k which is massive when you don't play pro tours.
He got about 20k from the Euro Tour last year, however he's only qualified for 2 events out of 5 so far.

As for TV events, he'll play the UK Open, GSOD and probably the Euro Championship and Worlds
Will he be at GSOD Wouldn't suprise me if BDO change there qualification critiria so he's not in.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:41 am

Safc wrote:
The Thorn wrote:
tungsten tossers wrote:

Will he be at GSOD Wouldn't suprise me if BDO change there qualification critiria so he's not in.
I doubt they will be given that luxury.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:42 pm

Ratty is far from assured a place in Wolves via the PDC. There are 16 places for tournament winners/runners up, with UK Open qualifier winners only qualifying if there aren't enough players from the TV tournaments, ET and PC. Last year Adrian Lewis didn't even make it with a PC win.

Fuck knows what the BDO will do, and it wouldn't surprise me if the PDC did fiddled around with the format to make sure Ratty gets there. I don't think anyone would begrudge him this time, strictly speaking he has earned his place there this time

gcjdavid

Post by gcjdavid » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:43 pm

thegentle wrote:Ratty is far from assured a place in Wolves via the PDC. There are 16 places for tournament winners/runners up, with UK Open qualifier winners only qualifying if there aren't enough players from the TV tournaments, ET and PC. Last year Adrian Lewis didn't even make it with a PC win.

Fuck knows what the BDO will do, and it wouldn't surprise me if the PDC did fiddled around with the format to make sure Ratty gets there. I don't think anyone would begrudge him this time, strictly speaking he has earned his place there this time
Isn't the tournament under the jurisdiction of the PDC and even if the BDO does change format this year, the PDC will somehow force Rata in?