TDF Twitter Watch (Sponsored by Rogg)

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
oche balboa

Re: Rogg's Twatter Watch

Post by oche balboa » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:04 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:28 pm After reading through the conversation fully, it's unclear what Oche actually said to rile Mason up.

Care to enlighten us Oche?
I said "Death by Media? Flack trial is coming up"

What Mason said about me doesnt bother it. Its the grief from his followers which is crap so i had to delete the tweet, which i do admit was sloppy
The Thorn wrote: ↑Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:39 pm
Rather top myself than watch 1 minute of this shite

Thorn about Modus Super Series in 2021 - He now is an avid fan

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:10 pm

Bringing it back to darts, this is staggering.

Michael "Bully Boy" Smith REIGNING Shanghai Darts Master

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:17 pm

oche balboa wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:04 pm
sennafan24 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:28 pm After reading through the conversation fully, it's unclear what Oche actually said to rile Mason up.

What Mason said about me doesnt bother it. Its the grief from his followers which is crap so i had to delete the tweet, which i do admit was sloppy
Mason is non-stop abusing people online and in fact is doing so right now while at the same time trying to call-out and blame the media for a suicide inferring that online abuse played a part. He will be banging the "i've been there" mental health drum in a while now while having zero clue whether or not people he verbally abuses (and influences his followers to do similar) online have been in similar spots and thus he could in theory be doing exactly what he is trying to vilify the media for.

He has zero self-awareness and spouts so much shit he can't even keep track of himself from one minute to the next.
Last edited by SuperSwede on Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:18 pm

SuperSwede wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:17 pm

Mason is non-stop abusing people online and in fact is doing so right now while at the same time trying to call-out and blame the media for a suicide inferring that online abuse played a part. He will be banging the "i've been there" mental health drum in a while now while having zero clue whether or not people he verbally abuses (and influences his followers to do similar) online have been in similar spots and this he could in theory be doing exactly what he is trying to vilify the media for.

He has zero self-awareness and spouts so much shit he can't even keep track of himself from one minute to the next.
Awful taste in shirts as well

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:24 pm

Mason could have argued with you without bringing violence into it.
oche balboa wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:58 am Would be a cold day in hell before you two have a disagreement. I thought you was the same person. perhaps you are brothers

Who knows....

Who cares.....

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:35 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:24 pm

Correct. As I said it was sloppy/stupid tweet to send
The Thorn wrote: ↑Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:39 pm
Rather top myself than watch 1 minute of this shite

Thorn about Modus Super Series in 2021 - He now is an avid fan

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:42 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:24 pm

He probably threatens the paperboy if his paper is wrinkled.

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:16 am

Oche, please let him "drop you"
That way he might finally get taken off ITV.

“I don’t want you lumbering me with some old bow-wow who don’t know the difference between a Liebfraumilk and a can of Tizer!“

Gidra

Post by Gidra » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:19 am

Jimmi wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:16 am Oche, please let him "drop you"
That way he might finally get taken off ITV.
+1

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:24 am

And it's funny that he refers to Flack (allegedly) bashing her partner over the head with a lamp as a "poxy assault charge" and "a scratch to the head"
But when he smashed some blokes head in with a hammer, it was also just a "poxy assault charge"?

Pretty sure he lives in an alternate reality, where he doesn't know what double standards and irony are.

“I don’t want you lumbering me with some old bow-wow who don’t know the difference between a Liebfraumilk and a can of Tizer!“

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:38 am

Mason is pretty much the worst stereotype of the kind of people who are drawn to work in media. Attention whore with zero self-awareness and even less of a filter between his mouth and what passes for his brain.

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:45 am

Jimmi wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:24 am And it's funny that he refers to Flack (allegedly) bashing her partner over the head with a lamp as a "poxy assault charge" and "a scratch to the head"
But when he smashed some blokes head in with a hammer, it was also just a "poxy assault charge"?

Pretty sure he lives in an alternate reality, where he doesn't know what double standards and irony are.
I don't think he was the one who used the hammer. Depending on which version you believe, he either entered the house to join in on the assault or to try and stop the fight.

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/MACE+THE ... 0102690695
oche balboa wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:58 am Would be a cold day in hell before you two have a disagreement. I thought you was the same person. perhaps you are brothers

Who knows....

Who cares.....

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:02 am

sennafan24 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:45 am
Jimmi wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:24 am And it's funny that he refers to Flack (allegedly) bashing her partner over the head with a lamp as a "poxy assault charge" and "a scratch to the head"

I don't think he was the one who used the hammer. Depending on which version you believe, he either entered the house to join in on the assault or to try and stop the fight.

I certainly don't believe the latter.

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:29 am

Jimmi wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:02 am

Even if it's true, he was still accused of punching the battered bloke in the process. He also admitted to "grappling" with him. He was on the wrong side of things, whichever way you cut it.

Who knows....

Who cares.....

whereisman

Post by whereisman » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:25 am

SuperSwede wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:02 pm
whereisman wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:28 pm Am I supposed to care about this woman dying?
Well she didn't die, she killed herself. That's a subject to be "cared about" even if to you the person in question isn't.
Lots of people do it every day, and I'm not asked to care about them like this woman who I don't even know anything about. I don't really think someone taking their own life and the associated mental health issues should be reduced to just another round of celebrity mooning, but that's all this is going to be as a news story.

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:56 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:29 am
Jimmi wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:02 am

Even if it's true, he was still accused of punching the battered bloke in the process. He also admitted to "grappling" with him. He was on the wrong side of things, whichever way you cut it.
Most people never change, hence all the aggressiveness on social media.

ILAD

Post by ILAD » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:50 pm

Mason playing the victim again whilst dishing out threats, knob.

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:20 am

whereisman wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:25 am
whereisman wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:28 pm Am I supposed to care about this woman dying?
Well she didn't die, she killed herself. That's a subject to be "cared about" even if to you the person in question isn't.
Lots of people do it every day, and I'm not asked to care about them like this woman who I don't even know anything about. I don't really think someone taking their own life and the associated mental health issues should be reduced to just another round of celebrity mooning, but that's all this is going to be as a news story.
I largely agree but sadly in today's world it can be that it takes a high profile person doing it to get people even discussing or thinking about the subject.

whereisman

Post by whereisman » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:03 pm

SuperSwede wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:20 am
I largely agree but sadly in today's world it can be that it takes a high profile person doing it to get people even discussing or thinking about the subject.
Except they aren't really discussing mental health other than the existence of problems that contribute to people taking their own life. Mental health gets mentioned either in passing before getting to the focus on the celebrity individual or for people making one tweet about how sad they feel on Twitter. You'd have more focus on mental health if it wasn't about the celebrity.

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:09 pm

whereisman wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:03 pm
SuperSwede wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:20 am
Except they aren't really discussing mental health other than the existence of problems that contribute to people taking their own life. Mental health gets mentioned either in passing before getting to the focus on the celebrity individual or for people making one tweet about how sad they feel on Twitter. You'd have more focus on mental health if it wasn't about the celebrity.
Would you though? As you said lots of people do it every day, sure someone related to each person probably tweets or facebook's about it but the reach isn't side enough to register. I guess similar to how a celebrity status person like Dave Clark brings more eyes and focus to a disease like Parkinson's than if Joe Bloggs and his 45 friends or followers does. When a celebrity takes their own life it is an opportunity to get people thinking about the subject on a more thoughtful basis and the causes of it, yes the sad state is that most opportunities like that will be missed because people are either too shallow or dumb to grasp it but it's still an opportunity that has more chance than a non-celebrity case.