Cannibals COVID-19 Musical Auscultation

Movies, music and TV
cannibal

Cannibals COVID-19 Musical Auscultation

Post by cannibal » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:32 pm

Bored as fuck, everything is shutdown and no sports to watch. Lots of time for listening, so I'm plowing thru loads of stuff not really rating things but comments hear and there just for the hell of it. Feel free to jump in and comment any where along the line or just pop into to tell me I'm a useless fat fucking yank.

Friday meds included the following:

Meds for mood stabilization as follows
3 doses of Lenny Kravitz - 'Mama Said: 21st Anniversary Deluxe Edition CD 1 - Remastered Album'; 'Let Love Rule' followed by 'Are You Gonna Go My Way: 20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition CD 1 - Remastered Album'
1 dose of Fleetwood Mac - 'Fleetwood Mac'

Meds for combating Swamp Fever and Southern boogie
1 dose of Delta Saints - "The Delta Saints'
1 dose of Rival Sons - 'Before The Fire'
1 dose of Robin Trower - 'Roots And Branches'

Meds to be combined with alcohol and dart throwing in the evening.
1 dose of Disturbed -'The Sickness (Special Edition)'
1 dose of Ritchie Blackmore’s Rainbow - Memories In Rock II (Japan 3CD)

hadn't listened to Kravitz in some time and forgot how much I enjoyed his early work with the soul, funk retro rock swagger.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

Orange

Re: Cannibals COVID-19 Musical Auscultation

Post by Orange » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:46 pm

The evening looks good, is your average going up with the meds and alohol?

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:48 pm

Lenny Kravitz brings back happy forum memories

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:51 pm

Randall wrote:Lenny Kravitz brings back happy forum memories
Is it Skunk something?
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:59 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:51 pm
Randall wrote:Lenny Kravitz brings back happy forum memories
Is it Skunk something?
That was on df before the split so it must be close to a decade ago?

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:33 pm

Orange wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:46 pm The evening looks good, is your average going up with the meds and alohol?
As with most treatments for infections viral or bacterial time is required to have a level of medication build up in the system and then be sustained for several days in order to adequately treat the infection. So any improvement in my avg (which is pretty shit to begin with) won't be seen or expected for a week or so. I missed my dose last night so I am committed tonite to double dose to restart the process and get back on track. Unfortunately I have a long history of exposure to my drug of choice, alcohol. More than likely a super bug has developed in my system that is resistant to treatment. Therefore with consultation of various experts a course of treatment going forward will have to involve mixing various liquor, wine, and lager in large quantities. Further it is agreed among the experts that the best way of delivering this is intravenous. Fortunately I have my own equipment for infusion. The difficulty is pushing the IV pole back and forth from the oche to the board that is a right pain in the ass
We Desire Information.

Orange

Post by Orange » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:38 pm

I have all the confidence you will come back stronger than ever. Let us know when you are fully recovered, maybe we can learn something from the way you attack the virus. Btw don't we all have a shit average. LOL

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:19 pm

Like the promise of COVID-19 test kits to all Americans that want them I am well behind the curve. It is Sunday night and here I am talking about Saturday treatments. A day behind but not weeks like the Drumpf administration and his rim licking lackey Pence.

All focus on the COVID-19 outbreak has left professionals overlooking the small current outbreak of NWOBHM fever. The experts thought this virus was dead in the mid 80's but thanks to anti-vaxers the current outbreak has gained some steam. Fueled by the continual output of groups like Saxon the eradication of this virus was never complete.

Dosage for the fever as follows:
3 Units of Tygers of Pan Tang - 'Crazy Nights (2007 Remastered Japan)' 'Spellbound (2007 Remastered Japan)' and 'Ritual (Japan)'

Typically the above meds have a high probability of bring on a side effect of Classic Rock Coma. Therefore the following meds were taken:

3 units of Nazareth - 'Razamanaz (Reissue 1989)' 'Rampant (Reissue 1992)' and 'The Fool Circle (Reissue 1990)'

1 steroid unit of Gary Moore - 'Corridors Of Power (Japan Reissue 1984)'

2 units of Queen - 'Greatest Hits (Original Elektra Collection)' and a placebo 'Classic Queen'

1 unit of Rose Tattoo - 'Scarred For Life'

Followed by 1 unit of a new experimental drug Kadavar - 'For The Dead Travel Fast'

Doctor's Notes on patient response:

Tygers of Pan Tang, good lord they were about as inconsistent in putting quality albums out as DVDB is in delivering quality dart performances. OTOH the latest album 'Ritual' was a damn good affair and IMHO the best thing they have ever done.

Queen, for the love of god, compilations for a group like Queen are just fucking useless. Go straight to the albums as pretty much everything they put out thru 1980 was worth listening to again and again. No compilation is going to do them justice.

Nazareth, not my favorite, but a revisit to some of their stuff was enjoyable listen. Most likely will go back on the shelf for another Hair of the Dogs age. Have to admit 'Rampant' will stick around for a few cycles, something about that album I liked.

think I had my headphones on for about 9 or 10 hours yesterday. Early indications of cauliflower ear seem to be appearing.
We Desire Information.

Safc

Post by Safc » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:53 pm

cannibal wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:19 pm Like the promise of COVID-19 test kits to all Americans that want them I am well behind the curve. It is Sunday night and here I am talking about Saturday treatments. A day behind but not weeks like the Drumpf administration and his rim licking lackey Pence.

All focus on the COVID-19 outbreak has left professionals overlooking the small current outbreak of NWOBHM fever. The experts thought this virus was dead in the mid 80's but thanks to anti-vaxers the current outbreak has gained some steam. Fueled by the continual output of groups like Saxon the eradication of this virus was never complete.

Dosage for the fever as follows:
3 Units of Tygers of Pan Tang - 'Crazy Nights (2007 Remastered Japan)' 'Spellbound (2007 Remastered Japan)' and 'Ritual (Japan)'

Typically the above meds have a high probability of bring on a side effect of Classic Rock Coma. Therefore the following meds were taken:

3 units of Nazareth - 'Razamanaz (Reissue 1989)' 'Rampant (Reissue 1992)' and 'The Fool Circle (Reissue 1990)'

1 steroid unit of Gary Moore - 'Corridors Of Power (Japan Reissue 1984)'

2 units of Queen - 'Greatest Hits (Original Elektra Collection)' and a placebo 'Classic Queen'

1 unit of Rose Tattoo - 'Scarred For Life'

Followed by 1 unit of a new experimental drug Kadavar - 'For The Dead Travel Fast'

Doctor's Notes on patient response:

Tygers of Pan Tang, good lord they were about as inconsistent in putting quality albums out as DVDB is in delivering quality dart performances. OTOH the latest album 'Ritual' was a damn good affair and IMHO the best thing they have ever done.

Queen, for the love of god, compilations for a group like Queen are just fucking useless. Go straight to the albums as pretty much everything they put out thru 1980 was worth listening to again and again. No compilation is going to do them justice.

Nazareth, not my favorite, but a revisit to some of their stuff was enjoyable listen. Most likely will go back on the shelf for another Hair of the Dogs age. Have to admit 'Rampant' will stick around for a few cycles, something about that album I liked.

think I had my headphones on for about 9 or 10 hours yesterday. Early indications of cauliflower ear seem to be appearing.
Razamanaz is a brilliant album I had that on in the car a few weeks ago Broken Down Angel is one of my favourite songs

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:52 pm

Grew up listening to Nazareth. My older cousins use to have a nice collection of albums, back when everything was put on Vinyl. Nazareth was one of those groups that predated my intro to music by a few years. Having religious nutters for parents, the kind that liked to burn albums and proclaim the demonic influence of that "Rock And, or Roll" music. So spending time at my cousins fed my burning desire to "worship the devil". Razamanaz, Loud N Proud, and Hair of the Dog, got played by me over and over and over, as repetitive as a toddler consuming Baby Shark. I vividly remember my cousins telling to me give those albums a rest, then they introduced me to Rush, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath and a host of other bands. At that point my soul was lost to Beelzebub forever lol.
We Desire Information.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:53 pm

Seems I have contracted some combination of Yellow Fever, West Nile Virus and Ebola. In the fashion of our great and smarter than the average person leader Drumpf, lets just call those class of illnesses Shithole Fever. And of course like a Drumpf supporter I believe the brown, black and yellow man are the cause of all my white privileged problems.

Best treatment for whitey is going to be some rocksteady, afro beat, and other traditional african music of different variants. This isn't a treatment that can be rushed and most likely will take several days.

A steady dosage of rocksteady, reggae and dub will help alleviate symptoms of white nervousness and black paranoia:

Ziggy Marley - Fly Rasta
Peter Tosh - Wanted Dread & Alive
Lee "Scratch" Perry - Heavy Rain, Rainford
Burning Spear - Live In Paris (Remastered 2004)

Notes: Right now Burning Spear is my go to in Reggae/Dub. I really like his attitude of revolution. Musically he is always pretty sound and probably one of the early innovators of melding reggae and dub. For whitey easily offended by anything Marcus Garvey this treatment could be fatal. Recovery is possible if fragile whitey remembers that applying the same defense of American founding fathers attitude towards Africans can be applied to Marcus Garvey towards whites.

Notes: Scratch Perry is the master of dub as well as being an innovator. Not a big fan of his stuff but Rainford was a good listen, Heavy Rain not so much. Listen to Rainford first as that is the fruition of Heavy Rain. Heavy Rain is more or less a collection of dub ideas that he uses on Rainford. Tho interesting most of the tracks on Heavy Rain go too long and too repetitive. Kind of cool to see how he transforms those ideas into some pretty decent tracks, but that is where it ends for Heavy Rain (for me at least your mileage may vary)

African borne illness can be a bit more resilient and harder to treat. The only way to treat it is aggresively. So be aware that physiology and more likely the white psyche may reject these treatments at first. Over time whitey may adapt and become less likely to reject these drugs, not all but some. With that in mind the drugs less likely to be rejected are listed top to bottom.

Santana - Africa Speaks
Osibisa - Osibirock
Toure Kunda - Live Paris-Ziguinchor
King Sunny Ade - Best Of The Classic Years (1969-1974)
Salif Keita - Un Autre Blanc
Antibalas - Fu Chronicles
Tinariwen - Tassili, Amadjar

Notes: Santana is one of my all time favorite artist. He has put his guitar into many different genres and is far more than just the band that played at Woodstock or his work on Supernatural. I was glad to see him finally jump into African music. Granted I wouldn't put Africa Speaks into a full fledged full fledged African album but instead introduces the listener to a style of African music in the context of frame work that a western listener can wrap their head around. Sort of like Paul Simon and Graceland but Santana goes much deeper and more committed to the sounds of Africa than Simon did. This is a good place to start if your unfamiliar or interested in music from Africa. For me I like this as I love Santana and it introduced me to an artist I hadn't heard before on vocals, Concha Buika. This is the album to listen to if you don't listen to anything else or give half a fuck about anything else I listed.

Notes: Afrobeat is one of my favorite style of musics, this entails Antibalas my favorite contemporary group in this genre. I have liked everything they have put out. They tend to hold a traditional approach to this genre and if you like this get to listening to Fela Kuti the master, creater, father of Afrobeat. For some stylistic diversions on Afrobeat and contempary interpretations check out National Tal, Budos Band, Alma Afrobeat Ensemble.

Notes: Salif and King Sunny Ade are known for their vocals. Tho they play different types of African music the sound is similar in the lighter more melodic approach, think of it as more African Pop and less dissonance, harsh angles that one may find in Afrobeat. Toure Kunda is somewhere between Afrobeat and Afropop.

Notes: Tinariwen can be a tough listen for ears of the western persuasion. I like it because it is just so different, but in an oddly very distant way familiar. There is a certain out of tune at times harsh way the guitar is used. Sounds like the guitar was smashed up, dragged thru North Africa, and then given some blind beggar to flail on while collecting a few bits and bobs on the corner. But it works, I can't explain it you just have to listen and your either going to like it or vomit.
We Desire Information.

Orange

Post by Orange » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:51 am

Drumpf against the invisible enemy. Sounds bad but HE will beat this enemy. Btw how are you doing?

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:19 pm

Orange wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:51 am Drumpf against the invisible enemy. Sounds bad but HE will beat this enemy. Btw how are you doing?
I'm alive and so far well as far as I know. My main goal in life right now is not contracting this fucking thing and if I already have it not to pass it on; as my wife is imno compromised and I am the only one taking care of her. And thanks to the Main Moron in the Whitehouse the state I live in hasn't received very much of the requested medical supplies from the stockpile. Fortunately the hospital my wife gets treatment at was on top of this shit weeks ago screening everyone who comes in and then quickly went to no visitors and everyone that comes in wears masks.

State Liquor stores closed for weeks has resulted in a lack of vodka and gin in my household. But gun stores are open and I can by beer, cider and wine as apparently those things are considered essential. All hail the American stupidity, guns are essential while hard liquor is not. FFS the constitution should protect my right to get drunk and carry a fucking gun while I do it it is the American way :pointing:
We Desire Information.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:58 pm

The crisis is real in America. Let the religious nutters proclaim "thank God we have a strong leader like Trump in this time of crisis" MAGA we are number one in the total number of covid 19 cases. We haven't reached number one per capita yet but we are well on are way. And if we had an adequate number of tests to go around I assure much as Drumpf would that we would be number one. After all Drumpf assured us with prideful boasting that he could sow more chaos than the fake news, and that there was enough tests to go around (which there isn't) and that the great U S of A has done more per capita testing than anyone (which USA hasn't). It won't be long we will reach number one on all fronts of dismal COVID 19 crisis statistics. And if not in reality we will just say over and over a lie till it is accepted as reality, after all this is the new and old American way.

So in the spirit of MAGA (Not that I buy into this bullshit as I believe America has always been great but OTOH we have also been treasonous, treacherous, and charitable as is the human experience irrespective of boundaries as human nature is reflected in its impact in history across the globe) lets talk treatment for boosting the notion of American Exceptionalism. Culturally in music the true American art forms are Jazz, Blues and Bluegrass. Ok you could throw in Country but I see that as derivative of blues and bluegrass, and Rock n Roll was just another derivative of that as it grew from the derivative Rockabilly. And to further complicate things it went to Britain and came back around to the USA via British Blues and Skiffle derived Rock and or Roll. Proving as complicated as history and human nature is, those complications also pass thru cultures and defining the influences. End of the day wherever humans are they mix together, fuck, and learn from each other, influence each other, it is just what we do as humans. It is just what life does it adapts, creates, and destroys all at the same time. In short it is fucking complicated. But getting back to MAGA; we ignore all that and just proclaim American Exceptionalism or Manifest Destiny (it is all the same bullshit at the end of the day one claims because your born in certain borders your better the other says God ordained you to be better).

Ok, Ok enough of the Theological\Philosophical bullshit and onto the music bullshit.

Here is what I have been listening to in the Jazz department of things:
Cassandra Wilson - Silver Pony, Another Country (Japan), Coming Forth By Day
Joe Henderson - Punjab
Dizzy Gillespie - The Champ
Anita Baker - My Everything (ok not jazz but Soul, but listening to Cassandra Wilson brought me to Anita)
Dirtwire - Electric River (think I mentioned this one before but I listened to this a couple more times and it really grew on me, very interesting)
Dave Brubeck - 80th Birthday Celebration
Miles Davis - Encyclopedia Of Jazz: Modern Jazz CDs 1 - 4, Aura
Circles Around The Sun - Let It Wander

Notes: I have always enjoyed Cassandra Wilson and one of those artists that seems everything she touches is just gold. She is Jazz but has a cross over appeal as she puts her toe in different genres but always seems to pull it off.
Joe Henderson one of the most over looked imho of the jazz greats. Tenor Sax with a wonderful tone no matter what style he played, swing, hard bop, to fusion.
Brubeck just was a master with a unique style, his light chirpy style made him very popular but he is far more than just that. An insightful master who could make classics his own. The album mentioned above I think proves this.
Miles Davis, nothing needs to be said except a fucking American treasure of culture. I'm not worthy to even criticize a single thing he has done. I may not like it or get it, but he had a plan and always pretty much had something important to contribute and gave room for all his musicians to do so as well, because that was what Jazz was about. Granted he was careful about who he brought into projects. You either got it and him or you didn't. And if you didn't well fuck off lol. He didn't care he just kept going forward like a shark finding new waters to hunt in.

Blues:
Walter Trout - Transition, Breaking The Rules, Positively Beale St., Tellin' Stories
Duke Robillard - Temptation

Notes: Walter Trout an under appreciated Rock Blues artist who has been around a long time. Great guitar skills, maybe not the most revolutionary but certainly incendiary in his playing. He knows what he does best and decade after decade delivered the goods and still doing it.

General smattering of American stuff:
John Mellencamp - Words & Music: John Mellencamp's Greatest Hits
Alice Cooper - The Definitive Alice Cooper
Bruce Hornsby - Absolute Zero (move along nothing to hear here, unimpressive to say the least)

Notes: Cooper and Mellencamp both had periods of crap, but I always come back to listening to them because when they got it right it was absolutely fucking brilliant. Cooper the great entertainer, satirist, and unified a couple different generations of disenfranchised youth. I never got Zappa but Cooper I could relate to, ok I am fucking weird I know. Mellencamp and his I grew up in a small town and I love it yet hated it at the same time I could easily relate to as I did too. My best friend in High School was his cousin and we use to wear the fuck out of those Mellencamp cassettes. Crumblin' Down, Authority Song, and Danger List were our theme songs.
We Desire Information.

Safc

Post by Safc » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:25 pm

Had a Magnum day today

Tomorrow It will be Styx

Tommo

Post by Tommo » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:07 pm

They're all here!

Safc

Post by Safc » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:47 pm

Tomorrow

Reo Speedwagon

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:47 pm

Good stuff and keep it coming. Mastodon one of my favorites great to listen to because they are always doing new things. Magnum i havent listened to them in ages. Will put them in my rotation. Been going thru the naz catalogue sparked by safc earlier comments. Styx and reo are groups i have to be in the right mood for.
We Desire Information.

Safc

Post by Safc » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:59 pm

Had a Survivor day yesterday and had Y & T on in the car today going go and from the shops