GSOD 2019: PDC vs BDO Scorecard

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
HalloweenJack

Re: GSOD 2019: PDC vs BDO Scorecard

Post by HalloweenJack » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:59 pm

The Thorn wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:42 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:40 pm
The Thorn wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:13 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:05 pm I think the BDO should be in this event, but with different selection criteria. Maybe offer some wildcard places that the PDC could choose. I’m sure everyone agrees that Scott Waites should be here. It’s not like he had a one off fluke here. He has been runner up and a semi finalist and he is basically a part time player. What’s happened to that Unterbuchner bloke? He got to the QF last year and looked a decent player.
The PDC is literally choosing the players, that's what's happening. Unterbuchner hasn't played too many events this year so he's not even in the top 16 of the rankings. He may be heading to Q-School next year.
I thought it was the BDO who set yo their selection criteria.
A maverick selection I know but I would have liked to have seen that lad that won the BDO world youth title. Isn’t he about 14 years old and Rob Cross is his mentor? He would have been an interesting selection and would have created more publicity for the event.
That's how it formally is, but this year it was pretty clear that it's actually the PDC dictating the terms. Otherwise the BDO would never have chosen Durrant.

As for Bennett, he didn't get in because of safeguarding reasons. And it's right, a 13 year old should not play in a major event. There's a reason every PDC event is for over 16s. Also he didn't really do anything to qualify on merit.
I wasn’t aware of an age limit, but that’s understandable.
Would Bennett be allowed to play in the PDC youth tournament due to his age? He would be playing players who are adults? Does the safeguarding apply there?
The PDC should have picked Waites and the Masters winner (O’Shea)
‘Captain Bazball’

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:01 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:59 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:05 pm I think the BDO should be in this event, but with different selection criteria. Maybe offer some wildcard places that the PDC could choose. I’m sure everyone agrees that Scott Waites should be here. It’s not like he had a one off fluke here. He has been runner up and a semi finalist and he is basically a part time player. What’s happened to that Unterbuchner bloke? He got to the QF last year and looked a decent player.
The PDC is literally choosing the players, that's what's happening. Unterbuchner hasn't played too many events this year so he's not even in the top 16 of the rankings. He may be heading to Q-School next year.
A maverick selection I know but I would have liked to have seen that lad that won the BDO world youth title. Isn’t he about 14 years old and Rob Cross is his mentor? He would have been an interesting selection and would have created more publicity for the event.
That's how it formally is, but this year it was pretty clear that it's actually the PDC dictating the terms. Otherwise the BDO would never have chosen Durrant.

As for Bennett, he didn't get in because of safeguarding reasons. And it's right, a 13 year old should not play in a major event. There's a reason every PDC event is for over 16s. Also he didn't really do anything to qualify on merit.
Would Bennett be allowed to play in the PDC youth tournament due to his age? He would be playing players who are adults? Does the safeguarding apply there?
He wouldn't, all PDC events have 16 as the minimum age. That's including Development Tour events and the World Youth Championships.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:04 pm

I'm sure the PDC wouldn't have objected to the selection of Hinges.

We can only guess as to why the BDO didn't pick him. I think the Lakeside runner-up has always been involved. Maybe they deemed him to have resigned from the human race when he attended Q-School.
not a girl

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:05 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:59 pm

Bennett does play the occasional JDC event, can't remember if he was there during the World Cup/World Championship weekend prior to the Gibraltar ET event. Waites has done little since Lakeside (excluding the Masters which was after the announcement), but wouldn't have shat himself like the others, and at least O'Shea has won something, should have left a spot open for him

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:07 pm

Rogg wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:04 pm I'm sure the PDC wouldn't have objected to the selection of Hinges.

We can only guess as to why the BDO didn't pick him. I think the Lakeshite runner-up has always been involved. Maybe they deemed him to have resigned from the human race when he attended Q-School.
A recent Masters finalist as well, he would have done better than any of the jobbers have this weekend. I agree it's madness not picking him, the PDC should have interfered in that as well.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:11 pm

I’ve just been looking online and it appears that the inclusion of Bennett was discussed, but due to safeguarding he was not included. There have been people playing professional football at 15 and the same in tennis also.
‘Captain Bazball’

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:14 pm

HalloweenJack wrote:I’ve just been looking online and it appears that the inclusion of Bennett was discussed, but due to safeguarding he was not included. There have been people playing professional football at 15 and the same in tennis also.
How many footballers and tennis players down pint after pint after pint in the dressing room?
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:21 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:14 pm
HalloweenJack wrote:I’ve just been looking online and it appears that the inclusion of Bennett was discussed, but due to safeguarding he was not included. There have been people playing professional football at 15 and the same in tennis also.
How many footballers and tennis players down pint after pint after pint in the dressing room?
I don’t understand your comment? I somehow doubt anybody is going to give a 13 year old alcohol.
‘Captain Bazball’

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:22 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:11 pm I’ve just been looking online and it appears that the inclusion of Bennett was discussed, but due to safeguarding he was not included. There have been people playing professional football at 15 and the same in tennis also.
I think it was more of an issue that he is only 13..

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:23 pm

HalloweenJack wrote:
I don’t understand your comment? I somehow doubt anybody is going to give a 13 year old alcohol.
If you dont understand then its pointless continuing the discussion.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

fandarts

Post by fandarts » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:27 pm

what a wank event, from the days of the idl, wdt and masters of darts to this, hearn has basterized and watered down to a point where we are this year, wayne warren should be in a care home, mt lookalike veestra should start writing about pigs in blankets instead of playing darts and 2 birds for marketing reasons, add in most of the pdc players shouldnt be here either has made a once great comp a joke,

a blackman , a bdo woman commentator, give me a break and a queer in john part, ticks all the pc criteria, add in wayne mardle and its a full house, some bird whose name eludes me, on about peter wright hitting 12 ton plus finishes( in a best of 9 match) shoddy camera work to boot, darts as we once knew it is dead, but all hail uncle barry, cunt rolling in it over mugs.
Justin Credible wrote:all jail the pdc

LAUGHING AT THE PDC SINCE 1993

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:28 pm

He is here!

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:29 pm

fandarts wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:27 pm what a wank event, from the days of the idl, wdt and masters of darts to this, hearn has basterized and watered down to a point where we are this year, wayne warren should be in a care home, mt lookalike veestra should start writing about pigs in blankets instead of playing darts and 2 birds for marketing reasons, add in most of the pdc players shouldnt be here either has made a once great comp a joke,

a blackman , a bdo woman commentator, give me a break and a queer in john part, ticks all the pc criteria, add in wayne mardle and its a full house, some bird whose name eludes me, on about peter wright hitting 12 ton plus finishes( in a best of 9 match) shoddy camera work to boot, darts as we once knew it is dead, but all hail uncle barry, cunt rolling in it over mugs.
HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:09 pm
Randall wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:05 pm Dulla has never faced anything like Taylor in top gear.
Maybe he could have dragged Taylor down, we will never know.

fandarts

Post by fandarts » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:29 pm

its fucking dire randall,

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:30 pm

fandarts wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:29 pm the bdo players are fucking dire randall,
+1
Randall wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:05 pm Dulla has never faced anything like Taylor in top gear.

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:33 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:23 pm
HalloweenJack wrote:
If you dont understand then its pointless continuing the discussion.
Well explain how when he won his world youth title, and I believe he has played on senior BDO events ( who I don’t believe have an age restriction)
I would imagine he has his family around him when he is at these events.
If other players down copious amounts of alcohol that’s upto them. He could go into a pub restaurant for a meal with his family and see other people doing that.
I’m not trying to pick an argument, but was intrigued with your comment.
For the record, I fully understand why he hasn’t been allowed to participate in the GSOD as he is only 13
‘Captain Bazball’

fandarts

Post by fandarts » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:34 pm

if ginge was on the bdo board, he be in

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:34 pm

fandarts wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:29 pm its fucking dire randall,
Always is until the shitty group stage is done.
How the hell are you?

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:35 pm

fandarts wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:34 pm if ginge was on the bdo board, he be in
Would he wire a niner?

fandarts

Post by fandarts » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:35 pm

Randall wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:34 pm
fandarts wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:29 pm its fucking dire randall,
Always is until the shitty group stage is done.
How the hell are you?
struggling on, yourself?