World Series 2019

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
SolidSCB

Re: World Series 2019

Post by SolidSCB » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:08 pm

What's worse than that is the likes of Gurney and Wade being knobbed out of tournaments by a guy who has clearly already mentally checked out of the sport and lobs them like he couldn't give a fuck what happens. Guys who are supposed to be in the prime years of their career. Absolutely embarrassing for them.

Emulsfier

Post by Emulsfier » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:24 pm

Well that was a good first half of a world series, and the second half turned into true turgid shite.

Aspinall being unseeded and the cancer that wade and the headshaker have been being seeded is awful.
Boring Brendas number one and (almost) only fan.

Smithys number one and (definitely not) only hater.

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:51 pm

SolidSCB wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:08 pm What's worse than that is the likes of Gurney and Wade being knobbed out of tournaments by a guy who has clearly already mentally checked out of the sport and lobs them like he couldn't give a fuck what happens. Guys who are supposed to be in the prime years of their career. Absolutely embarrassing for them.
Really need to be looking to spread the invites around, Aspinall ending up outside the top 8 is a massive own goal. Should have given Chizzy a whirl and at least thrown White a crumb just to shut his fanboys up

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:34 pm

thegentle wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:51 pm
SolidSCB wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:08 pm What's worse than that is the likes of Gurney and Wade being knobbed out of tournaments by a guy who has clearly already mentally checked out of the sport and lobs them like he couldn't give a fuck what happens. Guys who are supposed to be in the prime years of their career. Absolutely embarrassing for them.
Really need to be looking to spread the invites around, Aspinall ending up outside the top 8 is a massive own goal. Should have given Chizzy a whirl and at least thrown White a crumb just to shut his fanboys up
And a massive own goal it turns out to be as the criteria has been confirmed: https://www.pdc.tv/news/2019/08/24/dutc ... nals-field
The remaining 16 competitors for the World Series of Darts Finals will be comprised as follows:
Top 4 in Order of Merit at October 12 not otherwise qualified
Between 4 and 8 invited players at discretion of PDC board
Between 4 and 8 qualifiers from a Full Member qualifier
Further details will be confirmed in due course
"Between 4 and 8 players" "Invited players at discretion of PDC board" :roll:

Aspinall should get in anyway but that's really sloppy.
2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:27 am

Agreed they need to spread the invites around more. Aspinal should have gotten at least one more bite. White should have got an invite. I get that certain players are a commercial draw. But fans like performers too. I think the PDC banks too much on name recognition and needs to give more weight to quality performers. The product and brand needs to become more about darts and the quality and less about individuals. This isn't wrestling where the matches are fixed.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

Captain Hobo

Post by Captain Hobo » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:54 am

cannibal wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:27 am
Agreed they need to spread the invites around more.
Aspinal should have gotten at least one more bite. White should have got an invite. I get that certain players are a commercial draw. But fans like performers too. I think the PDC banks too much on name recognition and needs to give more weight to quality performers. The product and brand needs to become more about darts and the quality and less about individuals. This isn't wrestling where the matches are fixed.
If the last 3 weeks doesn't convince Uncle Barry of that, then nothing will
"The United States will be the first nation to land an astronaut on Nars"

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:26 am

I think it did that is why they went to the PDC discretion invites.at the last hour. Get the criteria set in advance. #trueintegrityofsport
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:23 am

That criteria was in the rules before anyway. I liked how they did it last year so let's hope the same happens
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:40 pm

Final two Players Championships on Monday and Tuesday next week. Then on Wednesday it's the World Series Finals FLOOR QUALIFIER.

DC has an entry list, 100 players: https://tv.dartconnect.com/eventplayers/pdcwsfq19
...although some will end up with invitations. Aspinall not listed... presumably knows he's already in. Maybe Chizzy gets invited now. Needs announced.

Top eight from World Series Order of Merit: MVG, Wright, Cross, Gurney, Heta, Barney, G-Anderson, Wade
Top 4 in Order of Merit at October 12 not otherwise qualified: Smith, Price, Suljovic, White
not a girl

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:23 am

Rogg wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:40 pm Final two Players Championships on Monday and Tuesday next week. Then on Wednesday it's the World Series Finals FLOOR QUALIFIER.

DC has an entry list, 100 players: https://tv.dartconnect.com/eventplayers/pdcwsfq19
...although some will end up with invitations. Aspinall not listed... presumably knows he's already in. Maybe Chizzy gets invited now. Needs announced.

Top eight from World Series Order of Merit: MVG, Wright, Cross, Gurney, Heta, Barney, G-Anderson, Wade
Top 4 in Order of Merit at October 12 not otherwise qualified: Smith, Price, Suljovic, White
If it follows last year's criteria, it would be Aspinall, Whitlock, Clemens, Kando, Ben Robb, Schindler, Nico Kurz and Haupai Puha qualifying by virtue of being the next best 8 on the World Series circuit (assuming they can all make it lol), with 4 places up for grabs in this, don't see why this would be any different but PDC gonna PDC I guess. Schindler is named on that list, but then again so is Whitlock, who knows?

Cinnamon Bun

Post by Cinnamon Bun » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:43 am

thegentle wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:23 am
Rogg wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:40 pm Final two Players Championships on Monday and Tuesday next week. Then on Wednesday it's the World Series Finals FLOOR QUALIFIER.

If it follows last year's criteria, it would be Aspinall, Whitlock, Clemens, Kando, Ben Robb, Schindler, Nico Kurz and Haupai Puha qualifying by virtue of being the next best 8 on the World Series circuit (assuming they can all make it lol), with 4 places up for grabs in this, don't see why this would be any different but PDC gonna PDC I guess. Schindler is named on that list, but then again so is Whitlock, who knows?
Guess the obvious ones who didnt enter like Aspinall and Schindler are in as PDC picks
One of the many members of the "get Chris Mason off comentary" institution.

Cinnamon Bun

Post by Cinnamon Bun » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:45 am

Cinnamon Bun wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:43 am
thegentle wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:23 am

Guess the obvious ones who didnt enter like Aspinall and Schindler are in as PDC picks
So I guess all the tour card holders knew before us so they knew wheather or not they needed to enter ence the likes of aspinall and Schindler not entering
One of the many members of the "get Chris Mason off comentary" institution.

Safc

Post by Safc » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:00 pm

I see there was a link this morning on darts news with apparently the wsod with

Aspinall
Chizzy
Cullen
DVDB
JDZ
Durrant
Ratajski
Hughes

As invites don't know if true like

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:10 pm

Safc wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:00 pm I see there was a link this morning on darts news with apparently the wsod with

Aspinall
Chizzy
Cullen
DVDB
JDZ
Durrant
Ratajski
Hughes

As invites don't know if true like
Obviously it's great watching those players but for fuck's sake, they went some way to making it meritocratic last year, why go away from that? You know I'm a big fan of a lot of those players, but give me Nico Kurz over any of them!

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:47 pm

The World Series should be a Celebration of all the players that currently playing in the PDC regional tours. Players like Asada, Darius, Campbell, Puna should be included as they are the leading players within their region, There would be ample qualifying spots for the Tour Card Holders anyway
The Thorn wrote: ↑Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:39 pm
Rather top myself than watch 1 minute of this shite

Thorn about Modus Super Series in 2021 - He now is an avid fan

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:26 pm

oche balboa wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:47 pm The World Series should be a Celebration of all the players that currently playing in the PDC regional tours. Players like Asada, Darius, Campbell, Puna should be included as they are the leading players within their region, There would be ample qualifying spots for the Tour Card Holders anyway
I would pee everywhere if they apply your idea to the Grand Slam instead and kick out all the BDO players to implement it.
not a girl

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:52 pm

Well this is quite depressing

Oche Balboa
@OcheBalboa1
Wattimena, Noppert & De Zwaan all have a wildcard to the World Series of Darts finals

https://dartsnieuws.com/wattimena-de-zw ... es-finals/

Emulsfier

Post by Emulsfier » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:57 pm

The Thorn wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:52 pm Well this is quite depressing

Oche Balboa
@OcheBalboa1
Wattimena, Noppert & De Zwaan all have a wildcard to the World Series of Darts finals

https://dartsnieuws.com/wattimena-de-zw ... es-finals/
I mean they arnt bad players but thats fucking vile.
Boring Brendas number one and (almost) only fan.

Smithys number one and (definitely not) only hater.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:06 pm

I can see why Jeffrey got in but Noppert and Wattimena have fuck all business there

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:14 pm

The Thorn wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:06 pm I can see why Jeffrey got in but Noppert and Wattimena have fuck all business there
Guessing they've been included as they're the top 3 Dutchmen not otherwise qualified, but this is akin to HNQs for a ET event.
2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!