Darts articles in the Media thread

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Rogg

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Rogg » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:56 am

StevieBoy wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:27 pm No issue with Manley, certainly handled the crowd far better than Nicholson!
Nicho simply wasn't fat enough.
not a girl

mad jock

Post by mad jock » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:31 pm

Manley v Price would be a fun game :D

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:51 pm

Wade. Sympathy xx
"I've had no result here for the last four years so tonight was a massive thing for me.

"You get past kindergarten and get the chance to play over the longer format now.

"You get so many players that can trip up and not do as well.

"I personally think it's a nonsensical format and it should have been improved a long long time ago.

"I don't think we should be playing this format 12 years later when we've proved it doesn't work for the top players.

"I'm not on about me, I'm on about the likes of Phil Taylor and players like that.

"I think we saw with Phil that he either lost in the First Round or won it, I'm not saying I'm under that pedigree of player but it's indifferent and that's what makes it interesting.

"After that first round is over and done with, it's a relief."
not a girl

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:00 pm

What a prick. Only thing that's proved is that you've been shite for years and you just want to have a good moan. Wade v King will be an interesting second round tie, who can make the most excuses in the post match interview.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:14 pm

Fuck wade

StevieBoy

Post by StevieBoy » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:56 pm

Lloyd was saying the same thing on the darts podcast. As a player he hated the format now as a viewer he likes it. For me it creates genuine drama seeing 'top' players panicking. Bottle is part of darts, it doesn't matter I dislike MVG he blew Hughes away. Hughes folded like a pack of cards!

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:09 pm

Rogg wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:51 pm Wade. Sympathy xx
"I've had no result here for the last four years so tonight was a massive thing for me.

"You get past kindergarten and get the chance to play over the longer format now.

"You get so many players that can trip up and not do as well.

"I personally think it's a nonsensical format and it should have been improved a long long time ago.

"I don't think we should be playing this format 12 years later when we've proved it doesn't work for the top players.

"I'm not on about me, I'm on about the likes of Phil Taylor and players like that.

"I think we saw with Phil that he either lost in the First Round or won it, I'm not saying I'm under that pedigree of player but it's indifferent and that's what makes it interesting.

"After that first round is over and done with, it's a relief."
You'd have thought that one of the best doublers in the game (and a tops/20s player at that) would like the format, but hey ho. What does he want, tame standard legplay all year?

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:16 pm

I'm pretty sure most players don't like the format, especially the first round. But it's another thing to call it wrong, which it isn't. Shut the fuck up or don't even play in the tournament.

dartsweekly

Post by dartsweekly » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:11 pm

Safc

Post by Safc » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:52 pm

Porter speaks Euro Tour will be 13 just havnt announced the 13th one yet and a female will be at the gs

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:01 pm

Could we see Duzza potentially turning down an invitation for the Grand Slam as a BDO representative in favour of turning up to the qualifiers (if he doesn't make a TV final) in order to ensure the money would go on his OoM?

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:03 pm

No, why would he do that? He doesnt have any pressure to shoot up the main OoM.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:19 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:03 pm No, why would he do that? He doesnt have any pressure to shoot up the main OoM.
But he's well capable of going on a run, and it would be handy for him to avoid a hard draw at the Worlds. Let's say he makes the semis, £40k could be the difference between him playing MvG in round 3, or someone like Ian White

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:35 pm

Only an idiot would turn down an 100% guaranteed spot in an event in place of running the gauntlet of a qualifier.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:23 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:35 pm Only an idiot would turn down an 100% guaranteed spot in an event in place of running the gauntlet of a qualifier.
Agreed. I doubt he'll play MVG/Cross/Anderson at Ally Pally anyway, he'll be higher than 30 for sure. So it barely makes a difference.

Just a random example but Gurney didn't make the GS last year. He was world no.5 I think and it's fair to say he was a better player than Durrant is now. A qualifier is always a crapshoot.

Emulsfier

Post by Emulsfier » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:23 pm

The way he spoke basically confirmed Bennett wont be at the slam. Good. Shitheads deserve no handouts.
Boring Brendas number one and (almost) only fan.

Smithys number one and (definitely not) only hater.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:32 pm

I'd also be glad if Bennett missed out. Not because he's been acting the prick too many times recently. Simply don't think a 13 year old should have anything to do with a PDC major. If he qualifies from the men's field, maybe fair enough. But the BDO world youth title barely means fuck all. No one protested for Joshua Richardson (who?) to be in the Slam a couple years ago.

dartsweekly

Post by dartsweekly » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:32 am

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:37 pm

And Glen also believes he can inspire other BDO players to try and follow in his footsteps.

"There are some tremendous players in the BDO, I think they could be watching me and thinking, 'I've got to get over to the PDC'," he says.

"I know there's a huge gulf. But I think players in the BDO like Wesley Harms,Richard Veenstra and Jim Williams will be watching my progress and thinking about Q-School.

"I've never said a bad word about the BDO and never will, they helped me achieve my dreams and more. But the PDC is the place to be, it's the Premier League."

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/gle ... l-17088877
not a girl

dartsweekly

Post by dartsweekly » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:01 pm

A bonus podcast as we were joined by Michael Smith and Peter Wright on the eve of the Champions League this weekend