Cannibal's darts vendetta thread; sponsored by skweezit

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
skweezit

Re: Cannibal's darts vendetta thread; sponsored by skweezit

Post by skweezit » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:40 am

had to shoot darts, but I'm back to post this now.

today's full results:
79.1 Puleo, Chuck 8 - 1 Buboltz, Trevor 78.4
78.1 Snook, Ross 8 - 7 Nicoll, Timmy 80.0
85.9 Lauby, Danny 8 - 6 Part, John 83.6
79.7 Mawson, Gary 8 - 5 Lauby Sr, Dan 71.7
82.7 Young, Darin 8 - 4 Steinhofer, John 74.3
79.3 White, Chris 8 - 3 Fatum, Dave 71.5
82.9 Butler, Larry 8 - 3 Long, Jim 71.8
88.6 Linberg, Nick 8 - 5 Campbell, Matt 85.1

pretty much as expected except for one or two games.
kinda' a mix of development, challenge tour averages, yes?
butler looks on the mend and john part has slimmed down.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:12 pm

Forgot to thank skweeshit for posting what viewing figures he did, so thanks.
I really have been negligent in maintaining this thread. Not that anyone cares but at least I entertain myself and to be honest I am ok with that.
I guess things in darts haven't really been pissing me off much lately, things in the rest of the world have tho, just too fucking lazy to find that other vendetta thread to post them. At least the recent meltdown of Clownin was a bit entertaining, and of course he pops back in after vowing to flounce off for ever.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:30 pm

cannibal wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:12 pm Forgot to thank skweeshit for posting what viewing figures he did, so thanks.
I really have been negligent in maintaining this thread. Not that anyone cares but at least I entertain myself and to be honest I am ok with that.
I guess things in darts haven't really been pissing me off much lately, things in the rest of the world have tho, just too fucking lazy to find that other vendetta thread to post them. At least the recent meltdown of Clownin was a bit entertaining, and of course he pops back in after vowing to flounce off for ever.
If MvG wins tonight he will probably be posting..
If gando wins, we won't hear from him until cross loses his next game..
He is a very bitter man..... :lol:

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:02 pm

Insomnia last night gave me the opportunity to go back and watch some old WCs. I watched the 2004 and 2007 events, both held at the Circus Tavern. Man what shit hole that was. Dark and dank, and did nothing to support the argument against the idea that darts was nothing more than a pub game. OTOH the crowd was right on top of the players and certainly had to add a massive amount of pressure of being on the stage. The move to Ally Pally came at the right time. I think the WC is a far greater spectacle and from a TV perspective the place is lit up far better and a much cleaner presentation for the TV.

Many piss and moan about the comms now. Not unjustly at times either. But I have to say as much as Sid was a legend he was fucking annoying with his head firmly inserted in Taylor's ass. I liked his linguistic gymnastics at times. But at times is was just too much. He never took a fucking break, the barrage of it all killed the impact of the really good ones sticking out. The volume of shit he spewed often killed the value of the truly good ones, it is like finding a pearl in a cesspool, your still in a fucking cesspool and covered in waste but you found a pearl. He also overshadowed his side kick in the box in a way that just killed any decent back and forth. It was all Sid all the time, he gave no room for the other guy, like ever. Have to say all in all I don't really miss him.

The comms for this WC got far better when they got rid of Trina and brought in Webby. Webby plays it straight and that's ok if he is paired with the right person. Part the same thing, ok he tries a little humor but like Skweeshit I don't find Part entertaining when he is trying to be funny. Each to his own. The thing about Part that gets on my pecks is he never has seen a North American player he didn't like or take the chance to give a rimming to. Sure anyone can beat anyone on a given day, the right wind direction, hell freezing over, blah blah blah. The standard of the North American players has been stagnant for some time, don't kid yourself it is the same its been for years now. Just because Part has turned into a flaming pile of dung standard wise and finding hard to beat these guys doesn't mean they have gotten better.

With all that I have to admit away from Part commenting on the North American players, I really like him on the matches of the top players. He does seem to provide good insight there. I enjoyed him more later in this tournament than I have in other events.

The 2007 final still for me is the best final of all time. Barney got completely demolished in the early sets but that Barney had the heart to dig down deep and keep banging on till it turned around for him. This was the event that got me interested in watching darts. Real shame that Barney turned into a pile of gooey mush and more than likely is going out that way.
We Desire Information.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:44 pm

cannibal wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:02 pm Insomnia last night gave me the opportunity to go back and watch some old WCs. I watched the 2004 and 2007 events, both held at the Circus Tavern. Man what shit hole that was. Dark and dank, and did nothing to support the argument against the idea that darts was nothing more than a pub game. OTOH the crowd was right on top of the players and certainly had to add a massive amount of pressure of being on the stage. The move to Ally Pally came at the right time. I think the WC is a far greater spectacle and from a TV perspective the place is lit up far better and a much cleaner presentation for the TV.

Many piss and moan about the comms now. Not unjustly at times either. But I have to say as much as Sid was a legend he was fucking annoying with his head firmly inserted in Taylor's ass. I liked his linguistic gymnastics at times. But at times is was just too much. He never took a fucking break, the barrage of it all killed the impact of the really good ones sticking out. The volume of shit he spewed often killed the value of the truly good ones, it is like finding a pearl in a cesspool, your still in a fucking cesspool and covered in waste but you found a pearl. He also overshadowed his side kick in the box in a way that just killed any decent back and forth. It was all Sid all the time, he gave no room for the other guy, like ever. Have to say all in all I don't really miss him.

The comms for this WC got far better when they got rid of Trina and brought in Webby. Webby plays it straight and that's ok if he is paired with the right person. Part the same thing, ok he tries a little humor but like Skweeshit I don't find Part entertaining when he is trying to be funny. Each to his own. The thing about Part that gets on my pecks is he never has seen a North American player he didn't like or take the chance to give a rimming to. Sure anyone can beat anyone on a given day, the right wind direction, hell freezing over, blah blah blah. The standard of the North American players has been stagnant for some time, don't kid yourself it is the same its been for years now. Just because Part has turned into a flaming pile of dung standard wise and finding hard to beat these guys doesn't mean they have gotten better.

With all that I have to admit away from Part commenting on the North American players, I really like him on the matches of the top players. He does seem to provide good insight there. I enjoyed him more later in this tournament than I have in other events.

The 2007 final still for me is the best final of all time. Barney got completely demolished in the early sets but that Barney had the heart to dig down deep and keep banging on till it turned around for him. This was the event that got me interested in watching darts. Real shame that Barney turned into a pile of gooey mush and more than likely is going out that way.
Without any doubt and in my opinion still the best match I've ever seen
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:52 pm

cannibal wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:02 pm Insomnia last night gave me the opportunity to go back and watch some old WCs. I watched the 2004 and 2007 events, both held at the Circus Tavern. Man what shit hole that was. Dark and dank, and did nothing to support the argument against the idea that darts was nothing more than a pub game. OTOH the crowd was right on top of the players and certainly had to add a massive amount of pressure of being on the stage. The move to Ally Pally came at the right time. I think the WC is a far greater spectacle and from a TV perspective the place is lit up far better and a much cleaner presentation for the TV.

Yeah, I quite like Part's commentary on the bigger games, as he does a good job of giving players perspective of the game, which you don't get from the other comms, except Mardle spouting shit.. I like webby, he has settled in well with the comms.
I have been watching the old finals on darts gold on sky and watching some of the finals from the Circus, it does seem really dated now
Darts has come a long way in the past ten years...

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:51 pm

Same, with the main thing hitting me being the atmosphere. No tables vs chairs back then, and rather than shouting when it comes to the double, there was near silence, almost like the snooker. I didn't have any reference point back then so I didn't really notice it, but as much as the game has progressed, I do miss that kind of atmosphere

Captain Hobo

Post by Captain Hobo » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:53 am

thegentle wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:51 pm

Same, with the main thing hitting me being the atmosphere. No tables vs chairs back then, and rather than shouting when it comes to the double, there was near silence, almost like the snooker. I didn't have any reference point back then so I didn't really notice it, but as much as the game has progressed, I do miss that kind of atmosphere
+1 on the last point.

I really think the PDC need to do something to stop the extra noise on doubles, particularly when a couple get missed in a row.

Also, someone needs to tell the Mongs to shut the fuck up after the 4th Treble 20. Third Worlds in a row with no 9 darter coming up, and despite the standard being better than ever, 2018 has only had 2 Televised 9 darters.
"The United States will be the first nation to land an astronaut on Nars"

Potter's Lake

Post by Potter's Lake » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:34 am

24:30, 26:00, 28:35, peak examples of that generation of crowd with that generation of player. Game's moved on in leaps and bounds in the following 20 years.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:47 pm

The performance of the ET HNQ'ers has been absolute shit. Wouldn't be a problem except they are getting a minimum of 4 spots to clog up. So far 2 weekends have seen these useless shits get 5 spots.

The record so far thru 4 ET's: matches won-matches loss
2-18

Matches with HNQ player throwing over 85: 6
Matches with HNQ player throwing under 80: 9

Even the dregs of the CT are playing far better than the useless krauts.

CT qualifiers record so far, who only get 2 spots:
3-8

Matches with CTQ player throwing over 85: 8
Matches with CTQ player throwing under 80: 0

For the love of god Barry stop the insanity and limit the HNQ to 2 spots at the most.
We Desire Information.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:38 pm

Let the whinging on about the HNQ'ers continue.
Updated states ET 1-8

NHQ'ers played 39 matches with a record of 4 wins and 35 losses. Win pct of 10%.
46% of the matches played by the qualifiers where they avg. under 80.
28% of the matches played by the qualifiers where they avg. over 85.

CT qualifiers played a total 21 matches with a record 5-16. Win pct of 24%.
5% of the matches played by the qualifiers where they avg. under 80.
71% of the matches played by the qualifiers where they avg. over 85.

FFS Barry what more proof do you need that HNQ is a fucking disaster and needs to be changed.
We Desire Information.

Safc

Post by Safc » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:52 pm

cannibal wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:38 pm Let the whinging on about the HNQ'ers continue.
Updated states ET 1-8

NHQ'ers played 39 matches with a record of 4 wins and 35 losses. Win pct of 10%.

FFS Barry what more proof do you need that HNQ is a fucking disaster and needs to be changed.
I agree I haven't got a problem with there been 1 HNQ but 4 is ridiculous

Safc

Post by Safc » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:52 pm

cannibal wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:38 pm Let the whinging on about the HNQ'ers continue.
Updated states ET 1-8

I agree I haven't got a problem with there been 1 HNQ but 4 is ridiculous

Captain Hobo

Post by Captain Hobo » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:07 am

It must be written into the contracts that the Host Nation is entitled to 4 HNQ spots, as the comms mentioned on the weekend that the Danes specifically asked for only 2 spots, with the other 2 going to the Nordic/Baltic qualifier.

The real problem this year is the absence of Tour Card holders, which was presumably a reaction to Hopp and Schindler getting an easier ride.

Agreed in the current format the HNQs need to be cut to 1 or 2 but don't hold your breath on it happening soon.

Also, why do the Associates get their own Qualifier? They need to scrap that and the Associates can play in the normal qualifier.

By the way, we haven't even reached Gibraltar yet...
"The United States will be the first nation to land an astronaut on Nars"

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:51 am

Don't even mention Gibraltar. Venues are changing year after year so I doubt too many long term contracts exist. Either way, this mess needs to end. If it's not possible to change the number of host nation qualifiers, they have to revert back to the old system. Even if that wasn't too fair, it was better than what we have right now.

And the associate qualifier totally needs scrapped too. It's a nice idea to give players not on the main tour opportunities but it doesn't work. The organising is poor and so is the standard in those qualifiers.

I'd even support a system when CT and DT results could get you spots on the Euro Tour. There's 4 events a weekend there with hundreds turning up. While the associate qualifiers are one offs with a dozen players. No question which is more reputable.

It's simply not feasible to ask these guys to travel that much for an outside chance of qualifying. Even probably half the guys with tour cards aren't professionals, how do they expect the players not on the main tour giving it a serious go?
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:53 pm

Agree the Assoc qualifiers need to change too. They still outperform the HN qualifiers so I am less concerned about them.
Right now I am leaning to using the standing on the CT for criteria to ET's. But I won't cry if they go to making them come thru the tour card holders events.
Don't want them to use the DT, just don't think the standard is there in depth, yet. Most of the solid DT players are playing CT anyways so get them in via DT method. I understand you want to provide opportunities for those on the fringes of commitment to being PRO but OTOH you have to be concerned about the quality of the product and its ability to award the best players playing the best players over the weekend. And every so often your going to find a player like Rats, but that isn't going to happen every year so limit the spots for the fringe players and make sure your qualifiers are set up so that they have the best chance to get those quality players thru.
We Desire Information.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:22 pm

Here is two things that I find stupid, repulsive and make players look like right tits.

1) Pictures of winners at darting events "fanning" cash like some piece of shit gangster. I can live with pictures of those stupid novelty checks, as long as the spelling is correct on them. That is about giving title sponsors some due, I can live with that they put the money up they deserve to be in the picture.

2) Kissing trophies. I was just moaning about a certain bag carrier being a bitch, well kissing a trophy makes you look like an even bitchier biotch, if that is possible. Here is a sport that is supposed to be filled with the salt of the earth working men, and here they are giving a good snog to piece of fucking metal. Just cut your balls off for gods sake and start your hormone therapy already.

Fortunately I am so crap at darts I won't have to be put in either of those situations.
We Desire Information.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:24 pm

cannibal wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:22 pm Here is two things that I find stupid, repulsive and make players look like right tits.

1) Pictures of winners at darting events "fanning" cash like some piece of shit gangster. I can live with pictures of those stupid novelty checks, as long as the spelling is correct on them. That is about giving title sponsors some due, I can live with that they put the money up they deserve to be in the picture.

2) Kissing trophies. I was just moaning about a certain bag carrier being a bitch, well kissing a trophy makes you look like an even bitchier biotch, if that is possible. Here is a sport that is supposed to be filled with the salt of the earth working men, and here they are giving a good snog to piece of fucking metal. Just cut your balls off for gods sake and start your hormone therapy already.

Fortunately I am so crap at darts I won't have to be put in either of those situations.
As am I mate.

BDO for life comes to mind
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

JH01

Post by JH01 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:11 pm

cannibal wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:22 pm Here is two things that I find stupid, repulsive and make players look like right tits.

Given some of the eyesores that pass for trophies in darts, I'm surprised any player would want to.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:32 pm

JH01 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:11 pm

Given some of the eyesores that pass for trophies in darts, I'm surprised any player would want to.
Your avatar is the perfect e.g. of an excellent picture of a champion with a trophy. Part is cradling the trophy with affection, appreciation, and satisfaction of his accomplishment. At the same time his eyes are soft and emotional yet you know in the relationship between him and the trophy he is the "top" in the relationship. This is as close to the line of Brokeback Mountain that it should go.

Meanwhile pictures that go full on Brokeback Mountain are a step to far imho. like the following. In this case you know that trophy owns his ass and he isn't complaining.
We Desire Information.