The BDO Appreciation Society - Sponsored by Zeyes

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Tommo

Re: The BDO Appreciation Society - Sponsored by Zeyes

Post by Tommo » Wed May 15, 2019 10:18 am

They're all here!

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Wed May 15, 2019 10:34 am

White's Euro Tour win has actually pushed Duzza out of the reckoning for now thanks to his low ranking. Bit conflicted about this situation, if the PDC insist on keeping BDO players in the Grand Slam, they might as well force them to include Duzza, God knows the alternative would be far worse! Of course, the much better (but less likely) solution would be to sack the BDO off completely, given the PDC is a lot more accessible now for BDO players (and of course the BDO being utter crap), BDO representation in the Grand Slam has long outlasted its usefulness. Would much rather see international players, especially the Asians who have lost their World Series event

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed May 15, 2019 10:49 am

So the same story as Ratajski eh? Well I reckon Durrant will get shafted as Ratajski was, which is not right but there you go. Looking forward to the Dolan v Kleermaker game in the group stages though.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Safc

Post by Safc » Wed May 15, 2019 11:01 am

thegentle wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:34 am
White's Euro Tour win has actually pushed Duzza out of the reckoning for now thanks to his low ranking. Bit conflicted about this situation, if the PDC insist on keeping BDO players in the Grand Slam, they might as well force them to include Duzza, God knows the alternative would be far worse! Of course, the much better (but less likely) solution would be to sack the BDO off completely, given the PDC is a lot more accessible now for BDO players (and of course the BDO being utter crap), BDO representation in the Grand Slam has long outlasted its usefulness. Would much rather see international players, especially the Asians who have lost their World Series event
For me i haven't got a problem with the bdo players been in its what makes the tournament different along with the group format what i don't like is the 8 pdc qualifier thing were players like Joe Murnan and Wayne Jones win through instead of someone who has won a pro tour it should be

World championship,World Matchplay, World Grand Prix,UK Open,European Championship,Players Championship Finals, Grand Slam = Winners and Runner ups

Any Euro Tour,Any Pro Tour = Winner

Premier League,Masters,World Cup,Champions League,World Series Finals ,Any World Series Event= Winners and Runner ups

then if places still available have a floor qualifier

In that order

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed May 15, 2019 11:22 am

Every Pro Tour winner should be given a place, that's for sure. I'd even say give the Euro Tour runner ups a place. They probably came through a much tougher field than any of the qualifiers will have, and it's stage event.

Just for comparison, the 2018 pro tour winners + ET runner ups that didn't get in

PC winners:

De Zwaan
King
Aspinall
Noppert
Mansell

ET runner-ups:

Lennon
O'Connor
Wilson
Evans

It's a mixed bag but apart from Mansell really seems a very solid list. In the floor qualifier, we got Bunting, but a trainwreck anyway, with Murnan, Searle, Hine, and Gilding.

Considering this year, there are alreadly Durrant, O'Connor, De Zwaan who won a tour event and their place is in danger. Add to that the ET runner-ups, Wright, Whitlock, Evans. Does anyone really want all these players to miss out, and 8 random floor qualifiers to get in? If Q-School is a lottery, this is a fucking bingo.

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Wed May 15, 2019 11:31 am

Safc wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 11:01 am
thegentle wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:34 am
For me i haven't got a problem with the bdo players been in its what makes the tournament different along with the group format what i don't like is the 8 pdc qualifier thing were players like Joe Murnan and Wayne Jones win through instead of someone who has won a pro tour it should be

World championship,World Matchplay, World Grand Prix,UK Open,European Championship,Players Championship Finals, Grand Slam = Winners and Runner ups

Any Euro Tour,Any Pro Tour = Winner

Premier League,Masters,World Cup,Champions League,World Series Finals ,Any World Series Event= Winners and Runner ups

then if places still available have a floor qualifier

In that order
Oh yeah, the floor qualifier is a worse problem than the BDO, I'd scrap that in an instant, unless there happen to be fuckloads of winners throughout the year, nobody who won an event (or reached a major final) should miss out. I'd have all TV finalists (with the probable exception of the World Cup), ET/PC winners, representatives from the regional and secondary PDC tours across the world, and then after that, if necessary, a floor qualifier

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed May 15, 2019 2:42 pm

thegentle wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 11:31 amthe BDO, I'd scrap that in an instant
+1
not a girl

Tommo

Post by Tommo » Wed May 15, 2019 2:52 pm

Richard Kirby But if what you said was true regards current BDO world champ gets a grand slam spot then surely he can go legal if he don’t get a place at the grand slam ?
They're all here!

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Wed May 15, 2019 3:23 pm

The Thorn wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:49 am So the same story as Ratajski eh? Well I reckon Durrant will get shafted as Ratajski was, which is not right but there you go. Looking forward to the Dolan v Kleermaker game in the group stages though.
Ratajski ended up being the only guy who got there off the back of the ProTour on account of his double victory at the end of the season, the only multiple winner who hadn't already qualified. Probably be harder for Duzza as there's already Chizzy who's won two ProTour titles is far higher in the rankings, plus there are two more floor events, and it's also unlikely that there will be two players who qualify and don't turn up like Taylor and Cadby

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Wed May 15, 2019 4:47 pm

Looking back both Hankey and Bunting were given GS places on Lakeside results having already switched. The PDC control the BDO places and there's no doubt Duzza will be there as Lakeside winner.

Can't remember who was runner up it was that memorable!
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Wed May 15, 2019 4:48 pm

M H wrote:Looking back both Hankey and Bunting were given GS places on Lakeshite results having already switched. The PDC control the BDO places and there's no doubt Duzza will be there as Lakeshite winner.

Apparently they dont but i dont believe for a minute they cant veto a selection, its their event ffs.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Wed May 15, 2019 4:51 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:48 pm
M H wrote:Looking back both Hankey and Bunting were given GS places on Lakeshite results having already switched. The PDC control the BDO places and there's no doubt Duzza will be there as Lakeshite winner.

Apparently they dont but i dont believe for a minute they cant veto a selection, its their event ffs.
Indeed mate, the PDC will want Duzza there. Better still scrap the BDO invites and PDC qualifier event and as has been said invite more PDC winners and finalists

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed May 15, 2019 5:02 pm

M H wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:47 pm Looking back both Hankey and Bunting were given GS places on Lakeshite results having already switched. The PDC control the BDO places and there's no doubt Duzza will be there as Lakeshite winner.

That's what should happen clearly, but I'm not confident they'll actually put Durrant in. It would make sense but in the past few years, the PDC seemed to give zero fucks about who the BDO pick. Last year, Hearn blamed the BDO for not picking Ashton, if he was really that concerned he should have just picked her himself.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Wed May 15, 2019 5:16 pm

Ashton not being picked was convenient for Uncle Barry to stir it up. Duzza is a different proposition

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed May 15, 2019 5:19 pm

I hope you're right.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Wed May 15, 2019 6:05 pm

I would like to be right in as much as the PDC sack off the BDO

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Wed May 15, 2019 6:06 pm

M H wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:51 pm Indeed mate, the PDC will want Duzza there. Better still scrap the BDO invites and PDC qualifier event and as has been said invite more PDC winners and finalists
Do you really want to deprive the world of Oche's yearly meltdowns.
HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:09 pm
Randall wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:05 pm Dulla has never faced anything like Taylor in top gear.
Maybe he could have dragged Taylor down, we will never know.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Wed May 15, 2019 6:45 pm

M H wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:47 pm Looking back both Hankey and Bunting were given GS places on Lakeshite results having already switched. The PDC control the BDO places and there's no doubt Duzza will be there as Lakeshite winner.

I cant remember either
Who the hell was it?

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Wed May 15, 2019 8:02 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 6:06 pm
M H wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:51 pm Indeed mate, the PDC will want Duzza there. Better still scrap the BDO invites and PDC qualifier event and as has been said invite more PDC winners and finalists
Am thinking of Oche's health and well being mate.

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Wed May 15, 2019 10:05 pm

M H wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:02 pm
sennafan24 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 6:06 pm
Am thinking of Oche's health and well being mate.
Too late to worry about that surely ?