Anastasia 's treatment

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Justin Credible

Re: Anastasia 's treatment

Post by Justin Credible » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:32 pm

telling people to be quiet and stop knocking freedom of speech.

The hypocrisy was lost on him

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:39 pm

Runs a good darts did website mind, or did.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:42 pm

guy is a fucking precious prick.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:17 am

IOW Gooner wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:34 pm Totally off topic but can someone email me the list of qs entrants as someone wants me to tip the 16 qualifiers

But internet in hospital is useless

Email is darren.hawken@gmail.com

Tks in advance
Will you be able to use your email address in prison, mate?
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

a massive zebra

Post by a massive zebra » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:33 am

:o

a massive zebra

Post by a massive zebra » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:58 am

Darren Hawken was sentenced to 18 months imprisonment.

www.12cp.co.uk/conviction-for-copyright-offences/

Very harsh sentence if you ask me, particularly as crimes such as assault and theft generally receive a lower sentence, despite often leaving both mental and physical scars on the victim.

Yes, it is illegal to profit from producing and selling items that are copyrighted by others. But many of the darts matches Darren offered for sale had never been commercially released in DVD format by the copyright holder. So one could argue Darren was simply using his entrepreneurial talents to tap into a gap in the market and providing a public service by making available in DVD format countless classic darts matches that the copyright owners had neglected to release.

I guess one of the reasons for the harsh sentence is that this offence was not a one off but continued for over a decade. What is more, he advertised his illegally produced DVDs on darts forums, social media and even had his own dedicated website. Total sales revenue from these sales exceeded £100,000. Given the severity of his prison sentence, I do hope he does not have to pay this money back.
Last edited by a massive zebra on Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:02 am

Tapping into a gap in the market by breaking the law, aye OK.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:02 am

Justin Credible wrote: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:42 pm guy is a fucking precious prick.
This.

a massive zebra

Post by a massive zebra » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:30 am

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:02 am Tapping into a gap in the market by breaking the law, aye OK.
I'm fairly sure most of the DVDs Darren offered for sale were never released commercially in DVD format by the broadcasters. If he can make over £100k from these, surely huge organisations like Sky and the BBC, who have proper marketing teams, brand awareness and commercial know how, are missing a trick by not releasing them?

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:30 am

Maybe so, but you dont break the law to exploit said gap and be so brazen in doing so.

That reminds me, there seems to be a gap in the market for automated rape machines, must go and file the patent.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:58 am

I noticed my neighbor wasn't using his car and as a fan driving they are depriving me of enjoying driving so I have every justifiable reason to take the car. I'm calling this the Cadby defense.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:08 pm

Here is the barney defense. He noticed a husband wasn't using his wife a mother of 3...
We Desire Information.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:09 pm

Chris Mason defense. That lump hammer wasn't being used for anything so as a fan of lump hammering needed to put it to use.
We Desire Information.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:19 pm

The "victimless crime"defense is making the rounds on tsod. I could see Philth using both the defenses.

But, but, your honor no one was squeezing that girls ass and as a fan of ass squeezing I was being deprived....

Your honor those Scottish lasses I groped it was victim less crime. After all the were Scottish, defense rests.
We Desire Information.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:22 pm

The crying over all of this is remarkable.

PT13

Post by PT13 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:16 pm

a massive zebra wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:30 am
The Ginge Reaper wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:02 am Tapping into a gap in the market by breaking the law, aye OK.
I'm fairly sure most of the DVDs Darren offered for sale were never released commercially in DVD format by the broadcasters. If he can make over £100k from these, surely huge organisations like Sky and the BBC, who have proper marketing teams, brand awareness and commercial know how, are missing a trick by not releasing them?
Agreed, of course they are missing a trick. They should look at something like the WWE Network, as I've said. Create a Darts Network. Make the archive stuff available for the fans to access/buy if they wish to do so, and don't go too greedy with the pricing. That is what will end the market of pirate DVDs, if they really are serious about stopping pirate DVDs. At the moment, they just leave all those matches in a vault, gathering dust.
Last edited by PT13 on Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PT13

Post by PT13 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:20 pm

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:26 pm

How embarrassing for one of your own customers to grass you up.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:35 pm

Are they missing a trick? The market for this is probably very small, a few dart fanatics. Probably not enough to make it worth while wirh production cost, marketing cost, preliminary market research,etc. You just don't do what bootlegger does and throw the stuff on DVD.

Sky makes use of their archives for the series they show around dartsmas season as well as the replays they air around the globe.
We Desire Information.

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:39 pm

The situation first came to the attention of Trading Standards when officers received an anonymous tip-off alleging a large scale illegal counterfeit sport and music operation, selling sport DVDs and music CDs from a website originating from an address in Shanklin.

The complainant stated that every time a new broadcast was shown on TV, it was recorded and added to the website, and advertised for sale.

They further alleged this had been operating for the past 15 years and that they had purchased 2 of the DVDs listed. When the DVDs arrived, the complainant was surprised to see they were homemade using plain ‘TDK DVD-R’ discs.
Not that it really matters, but I don't fully buy this. Did the customer really believe he was purchasing legitimate DVDs?

I think it's more likely that he pissed someone off at one point. And the way in which he did business, advertising in the public domain, left him easy pickings for tip-offs.
HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:09 pm
Randall wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:05 pm Dulla has never faced anything like Taylor in top gear.
Maybe he could have dragged Taylor down, we will never know.