Darts articles in the Media thread

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Gidra

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Gidra » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:59 pm

Translation: Even if I have 30 more IQ points, I will still be a moron.

Tommo

Post by Tommo » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:38 pm

They're all here!

SolidSCB

Post by SolidSCB » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:40 pm

Me, me, me, me, me.

Meeeeee.

Embarrassing.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:31 pm

Seems interesting, with interviews etc.

Q-School: the place where the dream of becoming a professional darts player becomes a reality

https://dartsweb.wordpress.com/2019/01/ ... a-reality/
not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:16 pm

Darts: Ross Montgomery brands Lakeside display "absolute poo" after another early exit
“I’ve got lots of international goals I still want to achieve, so I will definitely not be going to Q-School,” said Montgomery.

“Best of luck to those that want to go for the PDC, but I don’t want to walk away from playing for my country.

“People might say I should try because of the money, but, for me, playing darts is not about that.

“I’m sitting on the most wins for my country and I want to top that up and get the most caps for my country.

“Mike Veitch holds that record at the moment [70, compared to 60 for Ross], so that’s something that is driving me. If I was to play PDC, I can’t get selected for my country at BDO/WDF events.”
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... e-13865207
not a girl

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:28 pm

Rogg wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:16 pm Darts: Ross Mcnoloyalty brands Lakeshite display "absolute poo" after another early exit
“I’ve got lots of international goals I still want to achieve, so I will definitely not be going to Q-School,” said Mcnoloyalty.

“Best of luck to those that want to go for the PDC, but I don’t want to walk away from playing for my country.

“People might say I should try because of the money, but, for me, playing darts is not about that.

“I’m sitting on the most wins for my country and I want to top that up and get the most caps for my country.

“Mike Veitch holds that record at the moment [70, compared to 60 for Ross], so that’s something that is driving me. If I was to play PDC, I can’t get selected for my country at BDO/WDF events.”
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... e-13865207
Up there with "I couldn't play the West Fries Open if I went to Q-School" for excuses from Mr. First Round Loss.
2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:50 pm

Fiss Plaps wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:28 pm Up there with "I couldn't play the West Fries Open if I went to Q-School" for excuses from Mr. First Round Loss.
Yep. Burnt through the Friar Tuck Open so now it's back to The International Pinnacle. Next year: I have a herb garden.
not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:57 pm

https://www.reddragondarts.com/info/jam ... -q-school/

Jamie Hughes Smashes Through Q-School
Jamie Hughes defied a fire alarm scare and admitted a year in the darting wilderness made him “mentally stronger” to make it through Q School.

The double BDO World Championship semi-finalist booked his PDC Tour Card with a fine run in Wigan yesterday.

It’s been dubbed as “Willy Wonka’s Golden Ticket” to obtain a card which could be worth over £1million for the next two years.

The event was held up for an hour by a fire alarm which saw all the players and officials evacuated – some even mid-match.

But Hughes, 32, admitted: “The alarm went off first of all during one of my earlier matches and we just carried on.

“Then it went off again and we all had to get out. I’d finished my match but some others were still playing and in the middle of their matches.

“I just put my coat on, wandered about outside for half an hour and prepared myself for the rest of the day.

“It’s been really tough since missing out at Q School a year ago. But I think that has made me mentally stronger.

“The strange thing now is that the hard work begins now. Q School was hard but the toughest job is ahead of me.

“This is such a hard thing to get through now. I know some big names didn’t make it today but I still think the cream will come to the top, I hope so anyway.

The Tipton thrower was in sensational form kicking off with wins over Jamie Barrowman, Sean Bell, John Bryan and Scott Dale to reach the Last 32.

There, Yozza produced sensational averages of 109.8, 109.3 and 108.5 to see off Callan Rydz, Kevin Thomas and Dafydd Edwards, before a resounding 5-1 win over ex-World finalist Kirk Shepherd secured his status as a full-time professional on the PDC circuit for 2019 and 2020.

Hughes looked leaner and meaner on his return to the big time. He added: “I have lost weight, I don’t know how much, I don’t go on the scales.

“But I’m eating better stuff now and at the right times and I feel so much fitter. I’ve got more energy and stamina.

“I will plan my year now. I didn’t bother to look ahead any further than getting to Q School, there was no point.

“Now I can start to look ahead and that’s a big relief. I’m buzzing to have go through.”
not a girl

StevieBoy

Post by StevieBoy » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:06 pm

That poster reminds me so much of Carry on Abroad

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:17 pm

Conan Whitehead Interview after regaining Tour Card at PDC UK Q-School: ‘It was a huge relief’
https://dartsnews.com/conan-whitehead-i ... ge-relief/

"I always planned to return to the PDC after I left."

Honestly you just can't get the mushrooms these days
not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:30 pm

Long piece with Durrant. Worth a read.

Glen Durrant on 'brutal' Q-School, his wife's crucial advice & PDC preparations and plans
https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/gle ... l-15716079
not a girl

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:49 pm

If Duzza does win a pro tour in the next few years, will he parade the trophy on the Boro football pitch? Surely that would be a bigger achievement than Lakey, if Q-School was equal to it.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:55 pm

On a more serious note, it seems like Durrant knows his place which is a good thing. Getting used to losing is definitely important, and seems to have a vision about the future, the mysterious seven year plan. These are all positives. While we can't tell at all whether his game will hold up in the big events, and how he'll react to the pressure mentally, but it seems like all the other factors are coming together nicely for a possible decent few years in the PDC.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:21 pm

One more.

Barry Hearn praises Glen Durrant for delivering under pressure to secure PDC Tour Card
https://www.skysports.com/darts/news/12 ... -tour-card
"I shouldn't be biased but I am so pleased to see Glen Durrant (earn his PDC Tour Card) because he must have been under the hugest pressure," Hearn told Sky Sports.

"He is a three-time BDO champion and suddenly after two rounds it doesn't look too good. But he showed his mettle. Semi-final on the third day, did enough on the fourth day.

"I know he is excited to play the tour - as he should be, as all these kids should be. They have got £14,15 million to play for, the chance to change their lives."
not a girl

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:59 pm

Price gets a huge fine for the Grand Slam, Anderson gets away with a warning. Tough.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/darts/46970695

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:15 pm

Oh, you had already posted it. Never mind, new thread started for trolling purposes.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:00 pm

The Thorn wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:49 pm If Duzza does win a pro tour in the next few years, will he parade the trophy on the Boro football pitch? Surely that would be a bigger achievement than Lakey, if Q-School was equal to it.
Do you even get a trophy for winning a ProTour title lol

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:09 pm

thegentle wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:00 pm
The Thorn wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:49 pm If Duzza does win a pro tour in the next few years, will he parade the trophy on the Boro football pitch? Surely that would be a bigger achievement than Lakey, if Q-School was equal to it.
Do you even get a trophy for winning a ProTour title lol
Would a Middlebrough fan recognise one?
not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:02 pm

Another interesting read in the company of DUZZA. He gives an impression of Jimbo's Q-School adventure that surprised me...

Glen Durrant: ‘I went to the World Masters and didn’t want to be there, there’s no sadness over leaving the BDO’

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/23/glen-dur ... o-8380964/
not a girl

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:29 pm

Rogg wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:02 pm Another interesting read in the company of DUZZA. He gives an impression of Jimbo's Q-School adventure that surprised me...

Glen Durrant: ‘I went to the World Masters and didn’t want to be there, there’s no sadness over leaving the BDO’

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/23/glen-dur ... o-8380964/
They must be making it all up again.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016