Munter Terrorism Watch

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Randall
Site Admin

Re: Munter Terrorism Watch

Post by Randall » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:14 pm

Disappointing

wintergardener

Post by wintergardener » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:38 pm

Fiss Plaps wrote:Hearn speaks:

"Can someone please educate me ? Why have around 10 of the top 25 rated ladies darts players not entered the world qualifier ? Don’t they want to play for 2.5 million prizemoney with 500 k going to the winner ?"
Those "around 10" will be the ones to blame if nothing comes from the PDC side for women after this. Same as last time.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:11 pm

The Thorn wrote:To be honest the Grand Slam is the PDC's event, if he wants the lady world champ there, just change the rules. Can't argue with the rest.
PDC chairman moaning about the criteria of a PDC tournament. Absolutely beyond belief.
not a girl

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:16 pm

wintergardener wrote:
Fiss Plaps wrote:Hearn speaks:

"Can someone please educate me ? Why have around 10 of the top 25 rated ladies darts players not entered the world qualifier ? Don’t they want to play for 2.5 million prizemoney with 500 k going to the winner ?"
Those "around 10" will be the ones to blame if nothing comes from the PDC side for women after this. Same as last time.
Its not like the entry numbers are bad but do they suggest the PDC should do something for the ladies beyond the qualifier? Doubt it. The women have to show some commitment first and then we can talk about a womens tour or some events
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:39 pm

Rogg wrote:
The Thorn wrote:To be honest the Grand Slam is the PDC's event, if he wants the lady world champ there, just change the rules. Can't argue with the rest.
PDC chairman moaning about the criteria of a PDC tournament. Absolutely beyond belief.
Phenohyte @Phenohyte180 5h
Realistically Barry the PDC has to say a word and you can include the ladies champion in the Grand Slam. You can be disappointed for their actions but it takes a little rule change on your behalf, if you want that next year

Barry Hearn @BarryHearn
I know.

WHAT. Do, it, then, mate.
not a girl

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:49 pm

Rogg wrote:
Rogg wrote:
Phenohyte @Phenohyte180 5h
Realistically Barry the PDC has to say a word and you can include the ladies champion in the Grand Slam. You can be disappointed for their actions but it takes a little rule change on your behalf, if you want that next year

Barry Hearn @BarryHearn
I know.

WHAT. Do, it, then, mate.
Or be sensible and out the BDO
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:32 pm

So the implication from Hearns twatting is the BDO did have the say on how the BDO selected its county cunts for the GSOD. I was wrong in thinking that the PDC had worked with the BDO and the PDC had the final say. Ok they have the final say in the sense it is their event but from the twatting BDO is currently doing it their way.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:01 pm

Thanks to oche for linking to this. An old article about Gayl King at the PDC Worlds and the controversy surrounding it.
Sounds like Olly was doing what he did best.

https://web.archive.org/web/20020831221 ... icle=24170
not a girl

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:04 pm

"PDC Ladies World Rankings"

Further:
According to a number of the players involved, the BDO have suggested, that anyone putting themselves forward for the PDC World Championships, would jeopardise their existing BDO/WDF ranking points, may be removed from the Winmau Masters and possibly the newly announced BDO Ladies World Championships.
And how far that championship has come along in 18 years... Three- and four-time champions of that tournament gushing that a dream is coming true for them by playing at Ally Pally.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:46 pm

Women will ‘certainly’ be back at the World Championship and PDC will ‘discuss more ladies’ darts’, says chief exec

https://metro.co.uk/2018/12/20/women-wi ... c-8271040/
not a girl

Potter's Lake

Post by Potter's Lake » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:18 pm

Oh dear, so near and yet so far.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:34 pm

Lorraine Winstanley enrols for PDC UK Qualifying School
https://www.buxtonadvertiser.co.uk/spor ... -1-9540136
Winstanley said: “I’m going to Q-School.

“I’ve said for a few years I would like to go for the experience but restrictions in our contract have always stopped us from going.

“Those restrictions this year have been lifted so we’re going to give it a go.

“There are seven of the top eight ladies attending and we want to show we’re serious about darts.

“With Barry Hearn opening the two slots for the championships in November it gave us a taste of playing under those conditions.

“It was amazing and I came away from that, even though I didn’t get through, thinking I want to play under these conditions.

“That was the turning point for me.

“I’ll give Q-School a bash, purely for the experience.”
not a girl

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:37 pm

Total waste of her time but fair play for giving it a go.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:39 pm

For years players crossing over have remarked about the playing conditions offered by the PDC.

Most of those who have little to no chance of doing anything in the PDC don't go back.
We Desire Information.

SolidSCB

Post by SolidSCB » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:47 pm

I don't have the first idea why anyone would just go there for the crack. There's no 'experience' to be had there as far as I'm concerned. You go there to win games, you don't win games and you have outlived your purpose and usefulness there.

They are soulless, robotic events with the sole purpose of churning out results. She'll go, get slippered by someone, and that will be her day.

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:21 pm

SolidSCB wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:47 pm I don't have the first idea why anyone would just go there for the crack. There's no 'experience' to be had there as far as I'm concerned. You go there to win games, you don't win games and you have outlived your purpose and usefulness there.

They are soulless, robotic events with the sole purpose of churning out results. She'll go, get slippered by someone, and that will be her day.
At least it's a higher quality of competition than she'd get playing against the women in the BDO. She can take that into the BDO majors this year, whereas a man of a similar standard would only be taking that 'experience' into county/superleague darts

SolidSCB

Post by SolidSCB » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:25 pm

In theory I would agree.

But she's clearly going to get mullered however many days on the trot and play, what? 20-odd legs of darts at best?

I don't see the point myself but more power to her.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:35 pm

I don't see the point of going for a challenge to piss money away. One weekend of good competition isn't making anyone better. You need to be doing it week on week. So if she is going there to get the chance to play on the CT then good for her as that will improve her game.
We Desire Information.

Tommo

Post by Tommo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:00 pm

Nothing could improve her game, especially with her throwing action, she'll always be shit.
They're all here!

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:59 pm

SolidSCB wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:47 pm I don't have the first idea why anyone would just go there for the crack. There's no 'experience' to be had there as far as I'm concerned. You go there to win games, you don't win games and you have outlived your purpose and usefulness there.
I don't think she's really talking about the actual gameplay experience, more things like not competing in a cramped and badly lit room and not getting yourself scratched from a tournament because some idiot volunteer gave you the wrong call time, etc. For people who've only known the BDO playing conditions, going to a PDC tournament must almost feel like a tourism trip to an exotic luxury resort by comparison sometimes.