PDC Qualifying School 2019 (Euro 3-6 Jan, UK 17-20 Jan)

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Zeyes

Re: PDC Qualifying School 2019 (Euro 3-6 Jan, UK 17-20 Jan)

Post by Zeyes » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:51 pm

I can understand the sentiment, but really, as a pro sportsman that's the kind of thing you tell the guy in private, not over f'ing Twitter.

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:02 pm

Zeyes wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:51 pm I can understand the sentiment, but really, as a pro sportsman that's the kind of thing you tell the guy in private, not over f'ing Twitter.
Could be interpreted as Humphries wanting to have lost to have kept Paul's card.
2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:04 pm

Fiss Plaps wrote:
Zeyes wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:51 pm I can understand the sentiment, but really, as a pro sportsman that's the kind of thing you tell the guy in private, not over f'ing Twitter.
Could be interpreted as Humphries wanting to have lost to have kept Paul's card.
Not at all, he would have had no idea at the time.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:30 pm

Looking at the euro trash coming thru q school, have to say not impressed.
In the long run Darius won't be a consistent player he will be a low 90's jobber, way too much movement in his throw, and at 40 something he ain't changing. He is a player who will give a scare or two to some players occasionally but not good enough to put it all together to win at the business end of the tournaments in the PDC. Will be out the back door in 5 years.

Mike the Diving board had a day on day 2 he shot well above his norm, but I ain't banking on him having reached a new level. He is a rather pedestrian player on the DT hasn't shown that he can power score or hit doubles. He is young so with some adjustments to his throw and some experience he might do something, maybe, best bet he is a steady career jobber.

That Zonneveld looks kind of interesting but then I watched him throw, never seen a player with that style of throw go far for very long. He has that Jelle push and that won't serve him well.

Bunse maybe develop into a steady player, but nothing he has done makes me sit up and say there is kid who can win some titles in the future. Who knows he is young enough to impress and room for improvement.

The best prospects for me are Yordi and Razma. Yordi has one more year in the PDC than Razma but both suffer that same problem in that they aren't getting enough wins to get them some really good experience. Showing up to win 1 or 2 matches isn't enough, they need to start getting into the realm of 3 if not 4 wins more consistently. Going that extra round is a big difference in learning how not to shit yourself. Neither of these guys are heavy scorers, so they need to learn to finish better under pressure.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

DartJack Horseman

Post by DartJack Horseman » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:08 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:04 pm
Fiss Plaps wrote:
On the contrary! If he had known he would have lost on purpose. Fiss is right
Foking Luke...

DartJack Horseman

Post by DartJack Horseman » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:18 pm

cannibal wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:30 pm Looking at the euro trash coming thru q school, have to say not impressed.
In the long run Darius won't be a consistent player he will be a low 90's jobber, way too much movement in his throw, and at 40 something he ain't changing. He is a player who will give a scare or two to some players occasionally but not good enough to put it all together to win at the business end of the tournaments in the PDC. Will be out the back door in 5 years.

Mike the Diving board had a day on day 2 he shot well above his norm, but I ain't banking on him having reached a new level. He is a rather pedestrian player on the DT hasn't shown that he can power score or hit doubles. He is young so with some adjustments to his throw and some experience he might do something, maybe, best bet he is a steady career jobber.

That Zonneveld looks kind of interesting but then I watched him throw, never seen a player with that style of throw go far for very long. He has that Jelle push and that won't serve him well.

Bunse maybe develop into a steady player, but nothing he has done makes me sit up and say there is kid who can win some titles in the future. Who knows he is young enough to impress and room for improvement.

The best prospects for me are Yordi and Razma. Yordi has one more year in the PDC than Razma but both suffer that same problem in that they aren't getting enough wins to get them some really good experience. Showing up to win 1 or 2 matches isn't enough, they need to start getting into the realm of 3 if not 4 wins more consistently. Going that extra round is a big difference in learning how not to shit yourself. Neither of these guys are heavy scorers, so they need to learn to finish better under pressure.
Diving board is Dirk :D I know it for sure, Mike gave me some points ;) haha
Darius? Even so. Don't know his earnings now but how much do you think he will earn in PDC? 20 ground a year? It's quite some sum down here :) Let him have his dream fall apart. ;)
I can only imagine that Kciuk will never go to q-school being a web designer in big city. Smart...
I root for Razma!

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:20 pm

DartJack Horseman wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:08 pm
Fiss Plaps wrote:
Foking Luke...
Obviously if Humphries had lost on purpose to keep Nicho's Tour Card he would have been right in the shit for match-fixing. Although given how he performed in that game against Dimitri compared to the others, who knows...

Besides, it's all irrelevant anyway considering Nicho bombed out in the first round. He binned his own Tour Card.
2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:22 pm

Nicho must have a deal to do commentary on all the many bdo tv events this year.

Potter's Lake

Post by Potter's Lake » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:25 pm

Randall wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:22 pm Nicho must have a deal to do commentary on all the many bdo tv events this year.
Like Mason and especially Mardle, all could be decent again if they put in the hard work but there's no point when you can earn as much or more as a pundit.

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:25 am

cannibal wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:30 pm Looking at the euro trash coming thru q school, have to say not impressed.

It's all relative though, aside from one or two failing to make it, it's about as good a group of players as we could have hoped for. Q-School is only rarely going to produce polished diamonds, there definitely won't be a de Zwaan there every year who can make major semis and average 106 on the big stage straight away. Labanauskas won't be threatening to win anything big, but is a solid addition to the tour, and who knows what you'll get with the youngsters? I will say that looking back to 2016, the guys at the very top of the DT OoM have flopped, whereas the guys a bit further down the list have done a lot better. Not saying that van Duivenbode, Zonneveld and Bunse will emulate de Zwaan and co, but what you do on the Development Tour isn't going to define your career

Captain Hobo

Post by Captain Hobo » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:33 am

Fiss Plaps wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:20 pm
DartJack Horseman wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:08 pm
Fiss Plaps wrote:
Foking Luke...
Obviously if Humphries had lost on purpose to keep Nicho's Tour Card he would have been right in the shit for match-fixing. Although given how he performed in that game against Dimitri compared to the others, who knows...

Besides, it's all irrelevant anyway considering Nicho bombed out in the first round. He binned his own Tour Card.
This. Under the old criteria, he wouldn't have even qualified for Ally Pally. Then he draws Kevin Burness and loses. No one else to blame.
"The United States will be the first nation to land an astronaut on Nars"

bullseye

Post by bullseye » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:15 am

Randall wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:22 pm Nicho must have a deal to do commentary on all the many bdo tv events this year.
Fits right in. Shit darts and a shit commentator. He's a complete bellend.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:16 am

bullseye wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:15 am
Fits right in. Shit darts and a shit commentator. He's a complete bellend.
Careful, he will block you if you hurt his feelings.

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:52 am

https://tv.dartconnect.com/eventconfirmation/pdcukqs19
Live list on DartConnect of entries so far, Duzza has entered as have McGeeney, McKinstry, Waites, Whitehead and Williams. No sign of Mitchell or the Euro lads, mustn't have been any confirmation that they could do this

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:55 am

The tweet announcing it:

"Exclusive sneak preview" on the Lakeside finals weekend, heh.

bojeru

Post by bojeru » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:02 pm

thegentle wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:52 am https://tv.dartconnect.com/eventconfirmation/pdcukqs19
Live list on DartConnect of entries so far, Duzza has entered as have McGeeney, McKinstry, Waites, Whitehead and Williams. No sign of Mitchell or the Euro lads, mustn't have been any confirmation that they could do this
That is certainly one interesting list. Ashton, Hammond, Deta and Fallon representing the ladies.

Looking forward to a Gilding - Durrant rematch

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:03 pm

Tour card losers missing thus far:

Ronnie Baxter
Jim Brown
Scott Darbyshire
Terry Jenkins
Mick McGowan
Paul Nicholson
John Norman Jnr
Scott Taylor
Ross Twell

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:06 pm

thegentle wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:52 am https://tv.dartconnect.com/eventconfirmation/pdcukqs19
Nice find.

Whitehead as well, hmmmmm. I could have sworn he told the useless Georgie post-match yesterday that he'd be coming back to Lakeshit next year and would be winning it in 2021!
not a girl

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:09 pm

Wes Newton confirmed. No Andy Hamilton, yet.

Mitchell won't go.
HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:09 pm
Randall wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:05 pm Dulla has never faced anything like Taylor in top gear.
Maybe he could have dragged Taylor down, we will never know.

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:10 pm

Full list of Lakeside players signed up:

David Cameron
Daniel Day
Glen Durrant
Mark McGeeney
Mark McGrath
Kyle McKinstry
Wes Newton
Dean Reynolds
Scott Waites
Conan Whitehead
Jim Williams

Plus from the women:
bojeru wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:02 pm Ashton, Hammond, Deta and Fallon representing the ladies.