The Greatest Show on Mighty Mike's Green Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
sennafan24

Re: The Greatest Show on Mighty Mike's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by sennafan24 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:32 am

cannibal wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:11 am Be catious of Griepel and Beppe they most likely carry some STD. But if your in need of an eyeliner pen Beppe is your man.
Beppe is the sort of guy who cries for 30 minutes after he's had sex.
HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:09 pm
Randall wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:05 pm Dulla has never faced anything like Taylor in top gear.
Maybe he could have dragged Taylor down, we will never know.

cannibal

Re: The Greatest Show on Mighty Mike's Green Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by cannibal » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:37 am

I forgot how many Philth trounced, 4x he shut out his opponent in the final.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

PT13

Post by PT13 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:53 am

Rogg wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:06 am
Fiss Plaps wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:02 am
Rogg wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:52 am Is 8 sets the fewest ever lost on the way to winning at Ally Pally?
No - Taylor's 4 in both 2009 and 2010.
You're fucking joking. No thank you.
In Coventry, on 21 February 2008, on a Premier League night, Peter Manley beat Phil Taylor 8-3, strutted a bit, took down the board and gave it to somebody in the crowd. It was Taylor's third loss in 4 Premier League nights, and speculation increased more that Taylor was "finished". Taylor scowled at Rod Harrington "That will never happen again!". Taylor then proceeded to win something like 60 tournaments from March 2008 to August 2010, and won I believe 21 out of 24 TV tournaments in that period. Taylor led Lewis 4-2 in the semi finals of the 2010 World Grand Prix, and at 4-4 led 2-0 in legs in the final set, but lost. This also got Lewis into the 2010 Grand Slam at the expense of John Part, and Part himself never saw Taylor's defeat coming and Part is usually very perceptive of things like that. Taylor then proceeded to lose another 5 or 6 times before the year was over.

PT13

Post by PT13 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:20 am

Rogg wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:20 am Remember Lewis boasting that he had 2 world titles to MVG's none. Oh well.
That reminds me of a 2014 World Championship advert. This one featured Phil Taylor, Eric Bristow, Adrian Lewis and Michael van Gerwen in a line.

Taylor: I've won 16
Bristow: I've won 5
Lewis: I've won 2
Bristow (pointing at MvG): And he's won none
MvG: Come on, guys
Taylor: No chance!

DartJack Horseman

Post by DartJack Horseman » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:06 pm

Stopped watching after 4-0, tough day today... + it was obvious I guess
Just saw the result in the morning, Belly fought a little... Going to watch it now ;)

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:46 pm

Seems odd tonight with no darts

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:52 pm

DartJack Horseman wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:06 pm Stopped watching after 4-0, tough day today... + it was obvious I guess
Just saw the result in the morning, Belly fought a little... Going to watch it now ;)
I'd start where you stopped. :) assuming you have watched it all by now, otherwise don't read this... the final 6 sets were shared and Smith had darts to win 5 of them. Very similar to 2014.

I'm pleased for MVG that he won the 2017 final in such style because his other two were really anxious affairs. Cross may only ever win 1 but by fuck did he win it properly on the night.
not a girl

PT13

Post by PT13 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:18 am

Rogg wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:52 pm
DartJack Horseman wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:06 pm Stopped watching after 4-0, tough day today... + it was obvious I guess
I'd start where you stopped. :) assuming you have watched it all by now, otherwise don't read this... the final 6 sets were shared and Smith had darts to win 5 of them. Very similar to 2014.

I'm pleased for MVG that he won the 2017 final in such style because his other two were really anxious affairs. Cross may only ever win 1 but by fuck did he win it properly on the night.
I think Rob Cross will get back at some point, and he'll be an even better player if he does, having come through tough times and gotten back to great form. In regards to last year's final, Rob Cross was a fan of Phil Taylor and a down to Earth former electrician, so Cross knew that a failure to bully Taylor on the dartboard would meant defeat. He knew that he couldn't get nervous to the extent of it affecting his form, or it was over. Rob had to bully Phil, overwhelm him with heaving scoring and ruthless finishing, and he did.

Michael Smith clearly didn't go in with the same mentality as Cross did a year earlier, as the nerves were pretty dominant in Smith in the first 4 sets. That's got to be to do with Smith's mindset going into the match. Smith's best chance to beat Michael van Gerwen was to overwhelm him with scoring and finishing power like he had shown in the semi finals in particular, and to be mentally ready for 13 sets of this standard of darts, having done all the work on the practice board and the matches before the final. But it seems like Smith felt pressure to prove how good he was early on, and that the loss of the first set saw a fear of 7-0 embarrassment settle in. Van Gerwen spent a lot of the final looking edgy, as he was clearly conscious that 2 World Championships for someone of his dominance was underachievement, but Smith seldom put van Gerwen under much pressure.

Still, Smith might learn from it, and come back even better. In such a match as the final, the best mental approach is head down for a long match and trust that your ability over the long haul will be enough to overwhelm your opponent in the end. Focusing on having a good start will make you nervous, especially if it's your first final. What happens if the start doesn't go your way? That hurts your morale, and is taken into the next set.

SolidSCB

Post by SolidSCB » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:19 am

Personally I don't think Cross has a throw that holds up long term. Said as much last year after he won and he's already looked a bit ropey this year. Definitely a top 10 player and might be a bit of a John Part type in that he's capable of taking out the best in van Gerwen but doesn't win as much as you'd probably expect in terms of titles.

DartJack Horseman

Post by DartJack Horseman » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:04 am

Rogg wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:52 pm
I'd start where you stopped. :) assuming you have watched it all by now, otherwise don't read this... the final 6 sets were shared and Smith had darts to win 5 of them.
Yes, watched it. Smith really had his chances.
I was +2hrs ahead of you and had all day behind the wheel on Wednesday so turned it off :( bad luck

What will you do on 5-6 January?
1. Watch proper Worlds FFS!!
2. Watch numbers on Darts Connect - as much excitng!!

Maybe you should start a poll Rogg? :D

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:27 am

SolidSCB wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:19 am Personally I don't think Cross has a throw that holds up long term. Said as much last year after he won and he's already looked a bit ropey this year. Definitely a top 10 player and might be a bit of a John Part type in that he's capable of taking out the best in van Gerwen but doesn't win as much as you'd probably expect in terms of titles.
I don't think his sudden weight gain helped him either..
Plus all the world champ media stuff...
He looked like he meant business at the start of the worlds but just ran out of steam..
He is too good a player to fade away, so hopefully he will get back to somewhere near his best this year..
We need another player challenging for the majors.

SolidSCB

Post by SolidSCB » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:49 am

Definitely not. There's that picture of him when he won like 7 quid or whatever a year before winning the world title and he genuinely looks like a completely different person to the one we see on TV. He's put on some major pounds in very little time. He says he's trying to address it but we've heard the same from players before.

I just think aside from that, technique wise, there's something that has always looked very awkward and jerky about the way he throws that I don't think is built to last. I always think he's got a future case of dartitis written all over him when I watch him play.

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:52 am

SolidSCB wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:19 am Personally I don't think Cross has a throw that holds up long term. Said as much last year after he won and he's already looked a bit ropey this year. Definitely a top 10 player and might be a bit of a John Part type in that he's capable of taking out the best in van Gerwen but doesn't win as much as you'd probably expect in terms of titles.
Agree with this. I don't know whether it is because of his action or not, but he throws a hell of a lot of snatchy darts that drift low of the treble, especially under pressure. I don't think he'll ever hit the same heights he hit during the Worlds last year, but that was just incredible. Still, he'll be a very good player and very much a threat for majors on his day

Nigel Cheeseman-Blenkinsop

Post by Nigel Cheeseman-Blenkinsop » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:14 pm

cannibal wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:11 am Christ on a Bike this fucking nigel fucking long hyphenated surname cunt moans about everything. Soon he will be moaning about his own moaning.
Not surprising every cunt I ever met that was pretentious and self absorbed enough to have two fucking last names was a pain in the ass. Fucking pick one last name or be cool enough to have just one name.

anyways welcome to the forum. FYI please make friends with skweeshit he is in desperate need of a friend the boring fuck, keep your dog away from Kimmy or it will be soup, Randall and you will be in the running for the moany-est cunts. Don't worry you will win as most likely Randull will retire to bed for the evening. Be catious of Griepel and Beppe they most likely carry some STD. But if your in need of an eyeliner pen Beppe is your man. The rest are too busy in the "would you do it" thread they aren't of much concern. The mods are completely useless and the only person around here who has shown themselves to be worth anything is SAFC for running the comps and doing it properly. Be patient with our care in the community members like Chizzyfan and Oche, if they alarm you just throw some crayons at them, most likely they will eat them but it will give you time to avoid harm as they will be distracted for some time.

Yours in darts Cannibal, aka F.A.C.
Sorry about my name mate, you can call me Nige
The wife didn't wanna give up her surname.
I think we hear alot about the higher standard these days but whilst the world number 40 is probably better than the number 40 of 25 years ago I don't think there are any more potential champions around now then there was then.
The top group of players now have stagnated and those I the next group don't look good enough to take over.

miguelking

Post by miguelking » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:11 pm

thegentle wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:52 am
Agree with this. I don't know whether it is because of his action or not, but he throws a hell of a lot of snatchy darts that drift low of the treble, especially under pressure. I don't think he'll ever hit the same heights he hit during the Worlds last year, but that was just incredible. Still, he'll be a very good player and very much a threat for majors on his day
Agreed KING of the snatch

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:08 am

miguelking wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:11 pm
thegentle wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:52 am
Agreed KING of the snatch
Thought that was tommo.

Gidra

Post by Gidra » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:55 pm

Nigel Cheeseman-Blenkinsop wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:14 pm
cannibal wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:11 am Christ on a Bike this fucking nigel fucking long hyphenated surname cunt moans about everything. Soon he will be moaning about his own moaning.
Not surprising every cunt I ever met that was pretentious and self absorbed enough to have two fucking last names was a pain in the ass. Fucking pick one last name or be cool enough to have just one name.

anyways welcome to the forum. FYI please make friends with skweeshit he is in desperate need of a friend the boring fuck, keep your dog away from Kimmy or it will be soup, Randall and you will be in the running for the moany-est cunts. Don't worry you will win as most likely Randull will retire to bed for the evening. Be catious of Griepel and Beppe they most likely carry some STD. But if your in need of an eyeliner pen Beppe is your man. The rest are too busy in the "would you do it" thread they aren't of much concern. The mods are completely useless and the only person around here who has shown themselves to be worth anything is SAFC for running the comps and doing it properly. Be patient with our care in the community members like Chizzyfan and Oche, if they alarm you just throw some crayons at them, most likely they will eat them but it will give you time to avoid harm as they will be distracted for some time.

I think we hear alot about the higher standard these days but whilst the world number 40 is probably better than the number 40 of 25 years ago I don't think there are any more potential champions around now then there was then.
The top group of players now have stagnated and those I the next group don't look good enough to take over.
Sympathetic +1 for Nigga newbie/multiple

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:26 pm

Welcome! I agree with you there, the depth in the PDC is tremendously broad these days, and that's why we saw so many upsets early on. I agree about the chasing pack, although van Gerwen isn't as ruthless as Taylor and will let them in from time to time. I'm expecting a few years of relative dominance from MvG, but there really are some quality young players coming up the ranks in my opinion, give it a few years and I'm sure de Zwaan, Dimi, Aspinall, (hopefully) Cadby and many others will be challenging for majors

Nigel Cheeseman-Blenkinsop

Post by Nigel Cheeseman-Blenkinsop » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:36 am

Gidra wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:55 pm

Sympathetic +1 for Nigga newbie/multiple
Wassat supposed to mean ?

Gidra

Post by Gidra » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:26 am

I agree with most of what you said