The not Rogg's Twatter Watch

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Rogg

Re: Rogg's Twatter Watch

Post by Rogg » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:23 pm

For goodness' sake. Imagine chucking 90-odd matches down the toilet because you dislike one player. Could a Watch thread be required?

Jason Eaton @eatonj70
For the first time since I can remember and certainly before my consecutive years attending at Circus Tavern I won’t be watching. Please teeet when Price is out and I may then change my mind.
not a girl

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:26 pm

Rogg wrote:For goodness' sake. Imagine chucking 90-odd matches down the toilet because you dislike one player. Could a Watch thread be required?

Jason Eaton @eatonj70
For the first time since I can remember and certainly before my consecutive years attending at Circus Tavern I won’t be watching. Please teeet when Price is out and I may then change my mind.
Well he certainly sounds a bit of a teeet!

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:34 pm

thegentle wrote:
Rogg wrote:For goodness' sake. Imagine chucking 90-odd matches down the toilet because you dislike one player. Could a Watch thread be required?

Jason Eaton @eatonj70
People like him tweet this shit out for attention.
Ffs, you would just turn over when Price was on.. I have done it many times when Justin Slug has been on

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:37 pm

tungsten tossers wrote:
thegentle wrote:

Jason Eaton @eatonj70
People like him tweet this shit out for attention.
Ffs, you would just turn over when Price was on.. I have done it many times when Justin Slug has been on
A follow-up:

"Without being rude, he does not come across as the most intelligent. Nothing wrong with that. His antics and gamesmanship will be a consideration for any likely sponsors and so unless he can't win without trying to put off his opponent then he's not helping himself financially."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bold part of that Tweet proven to be utter bollocks just last Sunday.
2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:32 pm

Jason Eaton @eatonj70
What a prat.

ThudThudThud3

Post by ThudThudThud3 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:34 pm

Jason Eaton @eatonj70
I hate almost everyone in the tournament and I'm still going to be watching every dart of the Worlds.

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:49 pm

ThudThudThud3 wrote:

Jason Eaton @eatonj70
I hate almost everyone in the tournament and I'm still going to be watching every dart of the Worlds.
That seems a bit harsh :P
It cannot be that bad..can it?

ThudThudThud3

Post by ThudThudThud3 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:56 pm

tungsten tossers wrote:
ThudThudThud3 wrote:

Jason Eaton @eatonj70
My hatred is primarily fuelled by my jealousy of their good looks and chiselled physiques.

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:00 pm

ThudThudThud3 wrote:
tungsten tossers wrote:
ThudThudThud3 wrote:

Jason Eaton @eatonj70
My hatred is primarily fuelled by my jealousy of their good looks and chiselled physiques.
I can understand that with Big John Henderson, snackpot, crusty and Clemens...

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:18 pm

ThudThudThud3 wrote:
tungsten tossers wrote:
ThudThudThud3 wrote:

Jason Eaton @eatonj70
Good to see your not a Jason Eaton type who gets outraged at Price then

ThudThudThud3

Post by ThudThudThud3 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:57 pm

Price is actually turning into one of my favourites. Far too much hugging, kissing, smiling and tonguing going on at the end of matches for my liking these days.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:58 pm

ThudThudThud3 wrote:Price is actually turning into one of my favourites. Far too much hugging, kissing, smiling and tonguing going on at the end of matches for my liking these days.
Absolutely.
Bit of needle makes it far more interesting

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:10 pm

ThudThudThud3 wrote:

Jason Eaton @eatonj70
:lol:
not a girl

StevieBoy

Post by StevieBoy » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:10 pm

Randall wrote:
ThudThudThud3 wrote:Price is actually turning into one of my favourites. Far too much hugging, kissing, smiling and tonguing going on at the end of matches for my liking these days.
Absolutely.
Yep I agree

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:13 pm

StevieBoy wrote:
Randall wrote:
Absolutely.
Yep I agree
Far sooner that than mensur and cross virtually snogging people.

PT13

Post by PT13 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:14 pm

It's good to have a lot of different characters, from the softies to the hard nuts and everywhere in between.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:15 pm

Chuckling. Fells sick! On it goes behind the link...

Chris Davis @Arsenalloveu
Sorry but it make me fell sick seeing women playing in this....

Lëwis @OzilsLeftFoot27 2m
Why?

Chris Davis @Arsenalloveu
Because it’s dose what next women playing with the men in football ...

not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:22 pm

PT13 wrote:It's good to have a lot of different characters, from the softies to the hard nuts and everywhere in between.
I agree with this.

Anyway, yes Gurney was proposing to Noppy after their semi-final but it had no bearing on anything meaningful. He was just in a happy spot. He was hard as a nut in the final, no problem.
not a girl

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:09 pm

Randall wrote:
Absolutely.
I don't mind when a top player congratulates a lower player by saying a few words to them for giving them a good game, but Cross is the extreme opposite where he practically hugs them to death.
Bit of needle is good as long as it is not taken too far..

On a different note, I wonder if ever a game has ended with fisticuffs?
I know nowadays it would be a lifetime ban, but somewhere in history it must have happened

PT13

Post by PT13 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:16 pm

tungsten tossers wrote:
Randall wrote:
Absolutely.
I don't mind when a top player congratulates a lower player by saying a few words to them for giving them a good game, but Cross is the extreme opposite where he practically hugs them to death.
Bit of needle is good as long as it is not taken too far..

On a different note, I wonder if ever a game has ended with fisticuffs?
I know nowadays it would be a lifetime ban, but somewhere in history it must have happened
At the 1979 World Championship, after Alan Evans beat Eric Bristow 3-1 in the quarter finals, they both did an interview together in the studio afterwards with Peter Purves. It was extremely awkward, and eventually Purves asked Bristow what he thought of Evans' chances to win the tournament, and Bristow replied "He's got as much chance of winning this as you have of finding a pork chop in a synagogue". Evans replied "Well, I've got a better chance than you, haven't I?!". After the cameras stopped rolling, Evans and Bristow had a punch up and had to be separated by bouncers.

Sid Waddell said in his book "Bellies and Bullseyes" that Evans was in a mean mood all day, from the practice room early on, drinking loads of cider, snarling, shouting, kissing the Welsh dragons on his darts and saying how he was going to stuff the arrogant cockney.