Premier League 2019

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
The Thorn

Re: Premier League 2019

Post by The Thorn » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:47 pm

Wade was world number 6 when he missed out in 2014
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:54 pm

The Thorn wrote:Wade was world number 6 when he missed out in 2014
Ah yes, when Uncle Barry decided that he had the towering medical expertise of an average tsod poster.
not a girl

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:44 am

A Gurney or Bunting Players Championships win will for sure thrown the cat among the pigeons as regards the selection.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:56 am

BeppeBergomi wrote:A Gurney or Bunting Players Championships win will for sure thrown the cat among the pigeons as regards the selection.

Gurney surely in if he gets to the final, maybe semis are enough

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:33 pm

The Thorn wrote:
BeppeBergomi wrote:A Gurney or Bunting Players Championships win will for sure thrown the cat among the pigeons as regards the selection.

I'd say he'd be about 70% in if it gets to the final. I can't say 100% because after all, unless he wins it, his year will look fairly similar to Whitlock's. Quarters or semis and he probably needs to do something at Ally Pally

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:37 pm

thegentle wrote:
The Thorn wrote:

I'd say he'd be about 70% in if it gets to the final. I can't say 100% because after all, unless he wins it, his year will look fairly similar to Whitlock's. Quarters or semis and he probably needs to do something at Ally Pally
Higher in the rankings, far more entertaining and had a great PL this year. I'd say he's definitely above Whitlock if he gets to the final here. Even a semi might be enough (though it would be disappointing for him looking at the draw)

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:50 am

Ok who's out now? Whitlock most likely.

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:18 am

BeppeBergomi wrote:Ok who's out now? Whitlock most likely.

Must be. Would be a bit harsh to exclude him in favour of Barney, but it's tough at the top this year. Solid quarter final runs are all well and good, but pretty much everyone else has won something this year

ThudThudThud3

Post by ThudThudThud3 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:49 pm

When the debate is whether to have a shite Whitlock or a finished lazy twat like Barney in the Premier League, you know it's time to cut the Premier League down to 8 slots.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:51 pm

ThudThudThud3 wrote:When the debate is whether to have a shite Whitlock or a finished lazy twat like Barney in the Premier League, you know it's time to cut the Premier League down to 8 slots.
A fair comment but I think the ten works well. There's nothing stopping those who choose going outside the box so to speak
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:55 pm

At least there are 9 who definitely deserve it and Whitlock who's had a pretty good year. Not like last year where a number of players just fell into it really

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:32 pm

thegentle wrote:At least there are 9 who definitely deserve it and Whitlock who's had a pretty good year. Not like last year where a number of players just fell into it really
There is still a chance someone like Cullen will go far at the worlds and get in.
It seems that Barry wants Cullen in but Joe has to earn it...
As things stand though, it looks like Shitlock will miss out to Barney as I am certain he will get the wildcard from sky

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:00 pm

tungsten tossers wrote:
thegentle wrote:At least there are 9 who definitely deserve it and Whitlock who's had a pretty good year. Not like last year where a number of players just fell into it really
There is still a chance someone like Cullen will go far at the worlds and get in.
As things stand though, it looks like Shitlock will miss out to Barney as I am certain he will get the wildcard from sky
I'd love someone to go on a run, the spin he'd have to come up with in order to justify picking Barney will be hilarious! That is, assuming everyone accepts their invitation, maybe someone like Mensur might not

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:04 pm

thegentle wrote:
tungsten tossers wrote:
I'd love someone to go on a run, the spin he'd have to come up with in order to justify picking Barney will be hilarious! That is, assuming everyone accepts their invitation, maybe someone like Mensur might not
I am not so sure that Mensur would be up for it..
He talked a lot about the travelling this year and the strain on his family.
Sadly though it will be sky that choose barney as one of their two wildcards so Barry wont have to justify his inclusion

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:06 pm

tungsten tossers wrote:
With the state of the bottom half, could well be a surprise finalist. Cullen especially likely, he's got a piss poor draw.

Or from Cross' part of the draw, that has De Zwaan, Dimitri, Clayton and Bunting in there. All been in decent form this year, though the PL is probably a step too far for them

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:42 pm

ThudThudThud3 wrote:When the debate is whether to have a shite Whitlock or a finished lazy twat like Barney in the Premier League, you know it's time to cut the Premier League down to 8 slots.
Bit harsh on Twitlock. Maybe not an inspiring choice but he's not exactly gone Mardle-Osborne.

http://www.dartsdatabase.co.uk/PlayerDe ... yerResults

Plus he did well for a while in last year's PL, in the play-off spots for several weeks if memory.
not a girl

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:46 pm

Rogg wrote:
Bit harsh on Twitlock. Maybe not an inspiring choice but he's not exactly gone Mardle-Osborne.

http://www.dartsdatabase.co.uk/PlayerDe ... yerResults

Plus he did well for a while in last year's PL, in the play-off spots for several weeks if memory.
Think he won his first 3 games, then went back to utter mediocrity. Right now he would be there on merit but not sure if I'd like to watch him. Disappoints so often

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:41 am

Rod Studd all but confirming Barney for next year's PL I guess.

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:34 am

The Thorn wrote:
tungsten tossers wrote:
With the state of the bottom half, could well be a surprise finalist. Cullen especially likely, he's got a piss poor draw.

Or from Cross' part of the draw, that has De Zwaan, Dimitri, Clayton and Bunting in there. All been in decent form this year, though the PL is probably a step too far for them
True, but I wouldn't trust him to finish his dinner, let alone a winning double!

Chizzyfan

Post by Chizzyfan » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:50 am

When Chizzy wins the worlds it will put them in a real dilemma.