Munter Terrorism Watch

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
The Thorn

Re: Munter Terrorism Watch

Post by The Thorn » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:53 pm

Zeyes wrote:Linda Duffy agrees that women on the whole will never be as good at darts as men, and thinks that the worlds invitations are mainly a publicity stunt: https://sportsgazette.co.uk/its-a-publi ... mpionship/
Of course it is. No one should have the misconception that Hearn is trying to improve the munters game or that he's so generous. He wants his money and publicity and he gets it. At the same time he gives big money and TV time for the women so no point in moaning about that either.

I think cannibal will like the article, he always rants about how the women are inherently inferior to men at darts (agree with him btw)
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:57 pm

Yeah, I almost wrote "Linda Duffy agrees with cannibal that...", but I figured that was a bit too specific as a general intro. :)

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:18 pm

Why should they be worse though?
Is hand eye coordination better in men? Has nothing to do with physicality.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:20 pm

Found this on BDO Fanatics as a comment to this article:

Personally I think it a stupid statement. Lisa could and would beat most of the tour players. No publicity stunt involved.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:25 pm

Randall wrote:Why should they be worse though?
Hand eye coordination is better yes, as well as some specific muscle movements that are used in darts

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:50 pm

The Thorn wrote:
Randall wrote:Why should they be worse though?
Hand eye coordination is better yes, as well as some specific muscle movements that are used in darts
How much is natural ability and how much is practice among the elite.
We hear that Taylor was just very good without throwing a dart, he just was, same was said about about price at the weekend.
I on the other hand spent years at the game and have never been anything other than shit.
With the fast players it's all natural talent, and muscle memory.

wintergardener

Post by wintergardener » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:21 pm

I believe whatever it is - darts, dancing, acting - you have to have a natural talent and that can be improved and worked on, but you have to have that in the first place. Like Randall, I've chucked for years and will never be anything other than shit. Mrs. WG is much better than I, and, in the real world, works in a hospice, and as much as you could train me, I'd be useless at that too.#

On topic, if the women's game would bring in real cash, Hearn would give it a go. If anyone believes it's anything other than a publciity stunt, they're deluded, but it's an opportunity to earn some good money so why knock it?

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:33 pm

Doesn't even have to be Hearn...if there was any money in women's darts at all, somebody would be trying to commercialize it. Instead, women's darts is stuck being tied to the apron strings of BDO/WDF men's darts, which is a pretty bad place to be, but still better than where women's darts would be if it had to make a go of it on its own in the marketplace. That's a rather inconvenient truth nobody involved with it wants to acknowledge. Instead they're all dreaming of a proper professional tour where female players can make a full-time living playing each other with 75 averages.

Then again, Ross Montgomery is dreaming about taking the world championship to the far corners of the world and tripling the prize money in the process, so it's not like the female players and their boosters have a monopoly on being divorced from reality.

Potter's Lake

Post by Potter's Lake » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:58 pm

Being all trans like is the in thing these days, maybe Bazza's hoping one of his card holders decides they're a woman.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:20 pm

2 days til the first munter qualifier for Ally Pally, the Rest of the World event.

Should be interesting. Any sign of an entry list...
not a girl

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:23 pm

The qualifier is tomorrow lads, here's a short article featuring the lovely Corrine Hammond. Best of luck to all the players participating though an entry list would come in handy goddammit

https://dartsnews.com/interview-long-aw ... portunity/

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:20 pm

The Thorn wrote:The qualifier is tomorrow lads, here's a short article featuring the lovely Corrine Hammond. Best of luck to all the players participating though an entry list would come in handy goddammit

Over 200 entrants for this, said Pyke (if I heard correctly). I'd use a very short format if I were them!
not a girl

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:22 pm

Rogg wrote:
The Thorn wrote:The qualifier is tomorrow lads, here's a short article featuring the lovely Corrine Hammond. Best of luck to all the players participating though an entry list would come in handy goddammit

Over 200 entrants for this, said Pyke (if I heard correctly). I'd use a very short format if I were them!
Just start at 8 in the morning and it should be fine lol

Not sure about the entries though, I've heard Pyke say the same but that sounds a bit too excessive, latest reports said it was below 100 IIRC? Maybe he meant the two ladies qualifiers had 200+ entries in total?

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:29 pm

The Thorn wrote:
Rogg wrote:

Just start at 8 in the morning and it should be fine lol

Not sure about the entries though, I've heard Pyke say the same but that sounds a bit too excessive, latest reports said it was below 100 IIRC? Maybe he meant the two ladies qualifiers had 200+ entries in total?
I did wonder if he'd got mixed up and meant the UK one. I'm sure I read fairly recently that this one had 80. Maybe a crazy late rush...
not a girl

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:34 pm

Is the snarling russian doing the UK or Euro qualifier?
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:34 pm

cannibal wrote:Is the snarling russian doing the UK or Euro qualifier?
It's UK and Rest of the World, so the latter

Potter's Lake

Post by Potter's Lake » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:25 pm

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:28 pm

Didn't know kims missus played.
Inclusion on that list a tad odd.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:34 pm

Randall wrote:Didn't know kims missus played.
Takes the piss a bit, that's how much the womens darts is worth. Being the wife of a pdc jobber means you're a top name.

To be fair though, I wouldn't really take my eyes off the screen if she played. Think I'd just slightly prefer her to Anca Ziljstra

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:37 pm

The Thorn wrote:
Randall wrote:Didn't know kims missus played.
Takes the piss a bit, that's how much the womens darts is worth. Being the wife of a pdc jobber means you're a top name.

To be fair though, I wouldn't really take my eyes off the screen if she played. Think I'd just slightly prefer her to Anca Ziljstra
Her v Ana might get some views