"Switchers" Watch 2018/19

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
M H
Site Admin

Re: "Switchers" Watch 2018/19

Post by M H » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:39 pm

tungsten tossers wrote:
Father Rout wrote:
Rogg wrote:Glen Durrant: “It would be very easy to stay with the BDO but I’m looking for that final challenge”

"I wasn't motivated for the World Masters this year, there wasn't a lot of interest there for me, and that's a scary thought when that's our second biggest tournament."

Painful.
Oh dear
I still don't think he will switch..
When he says things like "Q School is not easy" and "The tour circuit is pretty gruelling" and " I have a good job that I have been in for 30 years" you can see that he is not up for the fight.
Lakeshite and exbos for duzza next year I think
Need I quote his post here again?
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

Greipel

Post by Greipel » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:41 pm

Randall wrote:What happened to bdo for life?
Probably Fitton said him a lot of good and convincing things about playing in the PDC and Duzza liked it.

Captain Hobo

Post by Captain Hobo » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:18 am

Must say I am surprised this thread is on to 9 pages.

I'd be even more surprised to see Duzza at Q-School, but I hope he does try.

Hopefully he is not so delusional to think that winning Lakeside, the WDT, the Isle of Man and getting out of his group at the Grand Slam will be enough for Uncle Barry to give him a Card.
"The United States will be the first nation to land an astronaut on Nars"

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:29 pm

Captain Hobo wrote:Must say I am surprised this thread is on to 9 pages.

Hopefully he is not so delusional to think that winning Lakeshite, the WDT, the Isle of Man and getting out of his group at the Grand Slam will be enough for Uncle Barry to give him a Card.

Q School after winning Lakeside is a tough slog. Personally Q School is a lottery (Some who won tour cards have done fuck all)
The Thorn wrote: ↑Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:39 pm
Rather top myself than watch 1 minute of this shite

Thorn about Modus Super Series in 2021 - He now is an avid fan

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:31 pm

Lottery klaxon!
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:32 pm

Indeed. you know it too
The Thorn wrote: ↑Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:39 pm
Rather top myself than watch 1 minute of this shite

Thorn about Modus Super Series in 2021 - He now is an avid fan

Captain Hobo

Post by Captain Hobo » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:47 pm

oche balboa wrote:
Captain Hobo wrote:Must say I am surprised this thread is on to 9 pages.

Hopefully he is not so delusional to think that winning Lakeshite, the WDT, the Isle of Man and getting out of his group at the Grand Slam will be enough for Uncle Barry to give him a Card.

Q School after winning Lakeshite is a tough slog. Personally Q School is a lottery (Some who won tour cards have done fuck all)
No-one is forcing him to win Lakeshite, but even if he does he plays 5 games in 9 days, then has a few days off before potentially 4 days of darts, where even if he doesn't get a card he will have plenty of chances next year to win money, and no 'distractions' before the next Q-school.

Is it really that tough?

Fair enough if he doesn't want to play PDC and is happy with a full time job and darts as a side interest, but thats another matter.

And Uncle Barry has made clear he's not getting a Tour Card without playing Q-school.
"The United States will be the first nation to land an astronaut on Nars"

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:56 pm

Absolutely.

Stop with the bullshit, stop contradicting yourself in interviews, stop complaining about how hard Q-School is. If you want to stay in the BDO, say that, if you want to try the PDC, just turn up at Q-School.

Personally that's why I really don't care that much whether Durrant switches eventually or doesn't. Not that he's not good enough to make serious money, it's simply the years of unnecessary drama which made a mockery of all this. Let the darts speak for themselves and don't change your fucking mind every 3 months.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:07 pm

Who the fuck cares who switches. BDO only has Durrant and Waites worth half a shit. BDO hasn't got a system for really developing players into top players. Do they really have enough to draw unsuccessful PDC players back into doing the whole travel club shit? Over the years would say more are doing the challenge tour than going back to the travel club. Wez and hammer are the anamoly and show even the shit players of the PDC can make the top tier of the BDO.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

StevieBoy

Post by StevieBoy » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:35 pm

Is Michael Barnard better Glen Durrant?

Barnard has won a tour card plus nearly £60K in one year not a bad concelation prize for losing a 'Lottery'!

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:31 pm

The Thorn wrote:Absolutely.

Stop with the bullshit, stop contradicting yourself in interviews, stop complaining about how hard Q-School is. If you want to stay in the BDO, say that, if you want to try the PDC, just turn up at Q-School.

Personally that's why I really don't care that much whether Durrant switches eventually or doesn't. Not that he's not good enough to make serious money, it's simply the years of unnecessary drama which made a mockery of all this. Let the darts speak for themselves and don't change your fucking mind every 3 months.
Couldn't have put it better myself.
StevieBoy wrote:Is Michael Barnard better Glen Durrant?

Barnard has won a tour card plus nearly £60K in one year not a bad concelation prize for losing a 'Lottery'!
He's certainly more ambitious.
2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

Safc

Post by Safc » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:36 pm

+1

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:18 pm

Safc wrote:

+1
+2

It's tedious.
HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:09 pm
Randall wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:05 pm Dulla has never faced anything like Taylor in top gear.
Maybe he could have dragged Taylor down, we will never know.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:40 pm

Appears youth prospect McGeeney has confirmed he's off to Q School

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:56 pm

Father Rout wrote:Appears youth prospect McGeeney has confirmed he's off to Q School
Can't see him doing well.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:12 pm

Randall wrote:
Father Rout wrote:Appears youth prospect McGeeney has confirmed he's off to Q School
Can't see him doing well.
I can't see anyone from that side of the divide making an impact

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:53 am

“I’ll be going to Q-School, definitely,” the Gladiator told the Weekly Dartscast.

“That was decided a while ago. I think any BDO player would be foolish not to go because if you don’t get your Tour Card you can come back, which was never the rule before.”

McGeeney earned a spot in the PDC Grand Slam, having made his debut last year, and is excited for the challenge.

“I can’t wait to play in it again,” he said.

“Last year, it was a real eye-opener. The way they (the PDC) organise everything, it’s so professional, it’s amazing.”
https://dartsnews.com/bdo-mcgeeney-pdc-q-school/
Podcast:
not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:44 pm

Rogg wrote:Glen Durrant: “It would be very easy to stay with the BDO but I’m looking for that final challenge”

"I wasn't motivated for the World Masters this year, there wasn't a lot of interest there for me, and that's a scary thought when that's our second biggest tournament."

Painful.
Glen Durrant @Duzza180 Oct 30
This interview was before the news today that BDO has secured a 3 year deal with Eurosport

:lol: you can't parody this stuff. Lakeside's on the telly. Have some dignity for god's sake.
not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:46 pm

This!! Although currently it's every 3 days, not months.
not a girl

Greipel

Post by Greipel » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:55 pm

Rogg wrote:

Painful.
Glen Durrant @Duzza180 Oct 30
This interview was before the news today that BDO has secured a 3 year deal with Eurosport

:lol: you can't parody this stuff. Lakeshite's on the telly. Have some dignity for god's sake.
Silly cunt...