Random Dart Stuff

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Zeyes

Re: Random Dart Stuff

Post by Zeyes » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:08 am

Zeyes wrote:Just seen that the DPA is setting up its own Challenge Tour system in Australia (...)

I'm not sure if they're planning to exclude main tour players from the Challenge Tour - I suspect they won't, and those regional events are more about offering extra playing opportunities and getting more players into the DPA who can't commit to travelling.
Found the info in some older Facebook comments, assuming things haven't changed: No Challenge Tour entry for players with a main tour card, with one exception I'll get to in a moment.

As for the main tour, if I'm not mistaken the cards so far didn't really do anything except allow you to play the full tour rather than being capped to a certain number of weekends. For 2019 they're planning to restrict tournament access further: The top 96 men from last year's ranking have been offered cards (any spots unfilled can be taken up by application), plus 16 women from a list of 25-odd eligibles (dunno how they constructed that list). They're targetting 128-player tournament fields, with the remaining 16 spots taken up by local qualifiers, which I take to mean that you can't just travel to a tournament location from outside the area/state without a card anymore.

They've never been anywhere near 128 players at their tournaments, so they're not going to actually get that, and I'm assuming it's all just to make access to the tour more exclusive / get more players to sign up for tour cards (costs $100 per season). Anyway, the women who decide to take up a tour card are allowed to play Challenge Tour events as well.

Oh, and - being PDC tour card holders Whitlock/Anderson/Nicholson/Cadby will only be allowed to play as guests at one tournament weekend, but won't appear on the DPA Order of Merit in any case. So, if Cadby intends to play some darts next year and still can't get into the UK, he just might have to give up his PDC tour card if they stick with enforcing that rule... I hope someone's told his management.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:24 pm

The Thorn wrote:
Rogg wrote:
The Thorn wrote:
Rogg wrote:Name the 128 tour card holders...

https://www.sporcle.com/games/matthewth ... lders-2018
How many you got?
I'm not that bored currently! Let us know if you have a go.
Well I was, got 96/128 which is exactly 75%

This game is frustrating as hell, trying to keep track of all the irrelevant jobbers. Who the fuck are Gary Eastwood and John Goldie anyway?
Clint Eastwood seems to average 82 on a good day. Goldie... Q-School has a lot to answer for, :(
not a girl

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:59 pm

Zeyes wrote:
Zeyes wrote:Just seen that the DPA is setting up its own Challenge Tour system in Australia (...)

I'm not sure if they're planning to exclude main tour players from the Challenge Tour - I suspect they won't, and those regional events are more about offering extra playing opportunities and getting more players into the DPA who can't commit to travelling.
Found the info in some older Facebook comments, assuming things haven't changed: No Challenge Tour entry for players with a main tour card, with one exception I'll get to in a moment.

As for the main tour, if I'm not mistaken the cards so far didn't really do anything except allow you to play the full tour rather than being capped to a certain number of weekends. For 2019 they're planning to restrict tournament access further: The top 96 men from last year's ranking have been offered cards (any spots unfilled can be taken up by application), plus 16 women from a list of 25-odd eligibles (dunno how they constructed that list). They're targetting 128-player tournament fields, with the remaining 16 spots taken up by local qualifiers, which I take to mean that you can't just travel to a tournament location from outside the area/state without a card anymore.

They've never been anywhere near 128 players at their tournaments, so they're not going to actually get that, and I'm assuming it's all just to make access to the tour more exclusive / get more players to sign up for tour cards (costs $100 per season). Anyway, the women who decide to take up a tour card are allowed to play Challenge Tour events as well.

Oh, and - being PDC tour card holders Whitlock/Anderson/Nicholson/Cadby will only be allowed to play as guests at one tournament weekend, but won't appear on the DPA Order of Merit in any case. So, if Cadby intends to play some darts next year and still can't get into the UK, he just might have to give up his PDC tour card if they stick with enforcing that rule... I hope someone's told his management.
The idea of him being in the same situation in late 2019 is depressing

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:32 am

Winmau launch today if you like that sort of thing. You can have a HOODIE.

not a girl

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:51 am

Zeyes wrote:
Zeyes wrote:Dartslive World circuit doing its thing for the fifth and final time this season today, this time in Malaysia.
The final ranking (snip)

Ratajski was in the semifinals of the second tour event in France earlier in the year; not sure yet if the 35 points he got for that have been good enough for him to finish in the top 100 of the ranking, which would make him eligible for the Finals qualifier whose 4 winners will get to join the 8 automatic entrants. Takes place the first weekend of December in Hong Kong, so wouldn't clash with any PDC events. $30,000 on offer to the winner.
Yup, was enough, he finished tied for 86th. The lowest eligibles for the qualifying tournament are a 27-way tie for 97th place at 30 points. (Which means that anyone who simply participated in three of the five tournaments has made it, since there are 10 points on offer just for showing up.)

Hong Kong isn't exactly around the corner from Poland, but for a shot at $30k, against players who largely wouldn't make much of a dent in PDC competition...might be tempting. Unless he's announcing it himself on Facebook or something, we'll probably know by mid-November or so if he has signed up to play. Eligible players have been emailed by Dartslive, entries need to be in by Wednesday.

The tournament format will comprise 8 stepladder brackets - lowest player against second-lowest, winner of that goes against the third-lowest and so on. The 8 winners will play off for the 4 spots in the final tournament. The last time they ran such a qualifier (two years ago), about two-thirds of all eligible players decided to participate. One bracket was won by the 4th-lowest player that time, who had to win 8 games to qualify. That's roughly what Ratajski would be looking at as needing to do.

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:44 am

All the international qualifiers for the WORLD YOUF have been confirmed: https://www.pdc.tv/news/2018/10/26/inte ... firmed-wyc - Murschell & Xiaochen Zong probably the most well known out of the lot.

PDC confirming they had no clue how to award the 24th international invitation so have just stuck it on the end of the DT ranking table instead.
2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:45 am

I recall Paolo Nebrida was pretty decent on the Asian Tour this year, and that Patrik Kovacs played in the World Cup for Hungary
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:23 am

not a girl

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:00 pm

Rogg wrote:JDC child with a 100 average.

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2018/10/28/kay- ... e-solihull
Impressive.. I know it was only 3 legs but still impressive for a junior.
I see he beat Lewis Gurney in the semis, is that a test tube concoction of Fatpot and Superchin? :D
Would be an ugly bastard that is for sure

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:16 am

Some podcasty business involving Matt Porter. Episode 46 there, from 27:16.

https://leadersinsport.com/sport-busine ... alavalkar/
not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:15 pm

On sale Monday, PDC Masters ticket info. Never thought you'd see that before the BDOhdear had done theirs!

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2018/10/30/2019 ... nformation
not a girl

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:13 pm

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:57 pm

Didn't he famously carve up a game at gsod?

Greipel

Post by Greipel » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:50 pm

The Thorn wrote:I recall Paolo Nebrida was pretty decent on the Asian Tour this year, and that Patrik Kovacs played in the World Cup for Hungary
Also qualified for one of the ETs this year.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:55 pm

Greipel wrote:
The Thorn wrote:I recall Paolo Nebrida was pretty decent on the Asian Tour this year, and that Patrik Kovacs played in the World Cup for Hungary
You shouldn't have reminded me of that, he was fucking crap. A 73 average apparently.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Greipel

Post by Greipel » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:01 pm

The Thorn wrote:
Greipel wrote:
You shouldn't have reminded me of that, he was fucking crap. A 73 average apparently.
We have to learn playing on stage in front of crowd.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:02 pm

Greipel wrote:
The Thorn wrote:
Greipel wrote:
Best avoid the masters and wdt then.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:44 pm

not a girl

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:19 pm

Rogg wrote:Image
Getting following year events confirmed way in advance will never catch on
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:16 pm

Greipel wrote:
The Thorn wrote:
Greipel wrote:
ffs another one with the we(s). Do you also have a darts blog calling itself news that is ripped off from everyone else.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation