Random Dart Stuff

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
M H
Site Admin

Re: Random Dart Stuff

Post by M H » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:52 am

Randall wrote:
The Ginge Reaper wrote:We found the one person in the world who still uses IE, folks!!!
And it's not me!
BDO standard issue
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:22 am

Dartslive World circuit doing its thing for the fifth and final time this season today, this time in Malaysia.

Group stage prelims almost finished, selected matches from the knockout rounds to be streamed from around 7 British time: http://www.darts-theworld.com/en/live/

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:27 pm

Zeyes wrote:Dartslive World circuit doing its thing for the fifth and final time this season today, this time in Malaysia.

Group stage prelims almost finished, selected matches from the knockout rounds to be streamed from around 7 British time: http://www.darts-theworld.com/en/live/
This was won by Boris Krcmar, beating Royden Lam in the final. The tournament format is in fact a massive lottery here, but it's still the same names at the business end almost all the time, which doesn't say much about the amount of competitive depth in soft-tip. Anyway, Leonard Gates and Toyokazu Shibata in the semis, so at least the latter wasn't one of the usual suspects.

One guy in the quarters that I've never heard of (Joey Tam), the other three in there were from the known column as well (Muramatsu, Harith Lim, Pupo Teng Lieh). Paul Lim was eliminated by Lam in the last 16.

The final ranking, assuming I didn't miscalculate:

1 Boris Krcmar 198
2 Royden Lam 190
3 Leonard Gates 158
4 Paul Lim 157
5 Pupo Teng Lieh 132
6 Haruki Muramatsu 123
7 Sho Katsumi 119
8 Harith Lim 111
8 Shuichi Enokuma 111

No idea who's taking 8th place on the tie-breakers, which is kind of important as only the top 8 are directly qualified for the finals tournament. Lim and Enokuma actually met in the last 16 today, with Lim winning to erase the 5-point deficit he had to Enokuma. Lost to Krcmar in the next round though to leave them tied on 111. (Dartslive's Facebook says it's Enokuma who goes through, but the ranking update they've published has at least one other error, so I dunno how seriously to take that.)

Ratajski was in the semifinals of the second tour event in France earlier in the year; not sure yet if the 35 points he got for that have been good enough for him to finish in the top 100 of the ranking, which would make him eligible for the Finals qualifier whose 4 winners will get to join the 8 automatic entrants. Takes place the first weekend of December in Hong Kong, so wouldn't clash with any PDC events. $30,000 on offer to the winner.

skweezit

Post by skweezit » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:47 am

Zeyes wrote:
Zeyes wrote:Dartslive World circuit doing its thing for the fifth and final time this season today, this time in Malaysia.

This was won by Boris Krcmar, beating Royden Lam in the final. The tournament format is in fact a massive lottery here, but it's still the same names at the business end almost all the time, which doesn't say much about the amount of competitive depth in soft-tip. Anyway, Leonard Gates and Toyokazu Shibata in the semis, so at least the latter wasn't one of the usual suspects.

One guy in the quarters that I've never heard of (Joey Tam), the other three in there were from the known column as well (Muramatsu, Harith Lim, Pupo Teng Lieh). Paul Lim was eliminated by Lam in the last 16.

The final ranking, assuming I didn't miscalculate:

1 Boris Krcmar 198
2 Royden Lam 190
3 Leonard Gates 158
4 Paul Lim 157
5 Pupo Teng Lieh 132
6 Haruki Muramatsu 123
7 Sho Katsumi 119
8 Harith Lim 111
8 Shuichi Enokuma 111

No idea who's taking 8th place on the tie-breakers, which is kind of important as only the top 8 are directly qualified for the finals tournament. Lim and Enokuma actually met in the last 16 today, with Lim winning to erase the 5-point deficit he had to Enokuma. Lost to Krcmar in the next round though to leave them tied on 111. (Dartslive's Facebook says it's Enokuma who goes through, but the ranking update they've published has at least one other error, so I dunno how seriously to take that.)

Ratajski was in the semifinals of the second tour event in France earlier in the year; not sure yet if the 35 points he got for that have been good enough for him to finish in the top 100 of the ranking, which would make him eligible for the Finals qualifier whose 4 winners will get to join the 8 automatic entrants. Takes place the first weekend of December in Hong Kong, so wouldn't clash with any PDC events. $30,000 on offer to the winner.
I don't recall seeing harith Lim getting called up on stage for one of the grand finals invites.
see on facebook they screwed up the order of Gates & Lim, which you put right Zeyes, as they called up soldier
before Paul Lim. struck me funny because the woman who was placing the darters where she wanted them for uniformity and such didn't direct paul lim to stand on the side where he should have been positioned (higher rankers towards the center) as if to say "Paul Lim? He's a legend. He gets to stand wherever he pleases" :D

skweezit

Post by skweezit » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:52 am

see that chuck puleo is trying to claw back legs against gary mawson in the cdc's continental cup
6-6 in a race to 10
winner plays big daddy who destroyed nick linberg 10-1 in the other semi

skweezit

Post by skweezit » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:18 am

awesome mawson mauls puleo 10-6

darin young vs gary mawson in the finals.
not a surprise.

skweezit

Post by skweezit » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:20 am

live stream still on facebook in case you want to check it out.

it's like that Russian stream was, the stream appears just as the match starts.
in about 8 minutes from now.
i'll link it then.

skweezit

Post by skweezit » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:28 am

skweezit

Post by skweezit » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:58 am

4-3 mawson.
race to 11
let's see what big daddy got in the gearbox

skweezit

Post by skweezit » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:10 am

12 darter by darin to vroom vroom into the lead 6-5

skweezit

Post by skweezit » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:18 am

11 darter by mawson to tie it up at 7 at the break.

skweezit

Post by skweezit » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:41 am

10-9 down. big daddy has to break or it's all over

skweezit

Post by skweezit » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:44 am

gary mawson wins!
11-9
good stuff.

skweezit

Post by skweezit » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:05 am

last year before the pdc US Masters, there were 2 days & 4 qualifiers for that, followed by a day for the north american pdc worlds qualifier
heard that next year's cdc matchplay is in vegas just before the pdc US Masters.
wonder if something is changing?

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:29 pm

not a girl

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:57 pm

Rogg wrote:Name the 128 tour card holders...

https://www.sporcle.com/games/matthewth ... lders-2018
Is this a pointless question?
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:59 pm

How many you got?
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:07 pm

The Thorn wrote:

How many you got?
I'm not that bored currently! Let us know if you have a go.
not a girl

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:28 pm

Just seen that the DPA is setting up its own Challenge Tour system in Australia, and it looks quite ambitious. 7 regionally restricted mini-tours in the 6 states (New South Wales split in two), with the tournament weekends taking place simultaneously in all sections. Their current plans are for 6 weekends, each with four tournaments and $500 prize money apiece, so $84,000 total.

Their main tour is also scheduled to expand a lot - prize money per tournament is staying at $4000, but 30 events instead of this year's 18. One extra weekend, plus an additional tournament on Saturdays (so 1 Fri, 2 Sat, 1 Sun).

I'm not sure if they're planning to exclude main tour players from the Challenge Tour - I suspect they won't, and those regional events are more about offering extra playing opportunities and getting more players into the DPA who can't commit to travelling.

Trivia note: From reading their Facebook feed it appears that they wanted to call their second tier "Development Tour" at first, but the PDC intervened and got them to change to Challenge Tour. In the name change announcement they've kind of insinuated that they're looking at adapting the actual Development Tour for Australia as well, but I dunno if that would be viable at this point.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:34 pm

Rogg wrote:
The Thorn wrote:

How many you got?
I'm not that bored currently! Let us know if you have a go.
Well I was, got 96/128 which is exactly 75%

This game is frustrating as hell, trying to keep track of all the irrelevant jobbers. Who the fuck are Gary Eastwood and John Goldie anyway?
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE