Darts articles in the Media thread

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Randall
Site Admin

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Randall » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:27 pm

The Thorn wrote:English article if anyone is too thick to use google translate (I am)

https://dartsnews.com/filipino-suspende ... mpionship/
:mrgreen:

skweezit

Post by skweezit » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:21 pm

In February 2018 Gilbert Ulang and Masumi Chino were found to have a case to answer in relation to the manipulation for betting purposes of their respective matches with Kevin Simm and Tengku Shah at the PDC World Championships at Alexandra Palace in December 2016. A hearing was held in London on 23rd May 2018 and on 5th June 2018 Masumi Chino was found not to be in breach of the DRA Betting Rules.

the dra ruling against Ulang specified his failure to engage in the case.
must have been multiple times, because the dra extended the time frame for Ulang to respond.

Potter's Lake

Post by Potter's Lake » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:00 pm

[youtube][/youtube]

Captain Hobo

Post by Captain Hobo » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:10 am

Potter's Lake wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
It must be said there are easier ways to make a quid than deliberately losing to Kevin Simm.

I remember at the time reading Ulang's excuse for the last checkout attempt was jetlag. If he was deliberately trying to lose 2-0 in sets, why did he hit the double in Leg 4 of that set?
"The United States will be the first nation to land an astronaut on Nars"

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:28 am

tungsten tossers wrote:Burton talks to Darts Planet TV about our friend Dimitri

Someone's mentioned in the comments that the World Series Finals are the same weekend as the final Dev Tour weekend, could be a massive ballache if he doesn't get something in the final two ProTour events

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:36 pm

thegentle wrote:
tungsten tossers wrote:Burton talks to Darts Planet TV about our friend Dimitri

Someone's mentioned in the comments that the World Series Finals are the same weekend as the final Dev Tour weekend, could be a massive ballache if he doesn't get something in the final two ProTour events
Oh dear. That is a complication for poor old Dim.
not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:38 pm

Mitchell helps England come back from the brink to seal Europe Cup glory
https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport ... -cup-glory

Sweden then beat Holland in the final of the team event – meaning England topped the overall standings.

Former Lakeside world champion Mitchell told the Daily Echo: “Basically, Sweden went and won it for us! They were pretty handy and turned them over – that was what won it.

“I was feeling the pressure because I was the one who lost the final game in the team event the night before.

“I had won the previous game to level it up and it kind of made sense for me with the momentum to go back on. After 15 darts I had left 80 and they were out in 14.

“The whole team was a little deflated and thought we had kind of blown it.

“We were sat there watching the team final thinking ‘is this going to go our way?’. We are all friends anyway and we tour together. It’s difficult to want somebody to lose so you win.

“But I was absolutely elated to know I was going to pick up a European cup. There is no money on it, you are just playing for medals. I never dreamed I would ever have one.”
not a girl

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:02 pm

Twat

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:17 pm

He's admitting they were shite and had to rely on another team losing. The silly cunt.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:18 pm

So they haven't actually won anything. Overall win, just fuck off. What's the point when there's a separate team event?
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:07 pm

The Thorn wrote:So they haven't actually won anything. Overall win, just fuck off. What's the point when there's a separate team event?
It's the bdo, there is no fucking point.

Captain Hobo

Post by Captain Hobo » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:27 am

Rogg wrote:Mitchell helps England come back from the brink to seal Europe Cup glory

Sweden then beat Holland in the final of the team event – meaning England topped the overall standings.

Former Lakeshite world champion Mitchell told the Daily Echo: “Basically, Sweden went and won it for us! They were pretty handy and turned them over – that was what won it.

“I was feeling the pressure because I was the one who lost the final game in the team event the night before.

“I had won the previous game to level it up and it kind of made sense for me with the momentum to go back on. After 15 darts I had left 80 and they were out in 14.

“We were sat there watching the team final thinking ‘is this going to go our way?’. We are all friends anyway and we tour together. It’s difficult to want somebody to lose so you win.

“But I was absolutely elated to know I was going to pick up a European cup. There is no money on it, you are just playing for medals. I never dreamed I would ever have one.”
Scotty Dog bigging up an 84 average, there.
"The United States will be the first nation to land an astronaut on Nars"

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:40 am

Captain Hobo wrote:
Rogg wrote:Mitchell helps England come back from the brink to seal Europe Cup glory

Former Lakeshite world champion Mitchell told the Daily Echo: “Basically, Sweden went and won it for us! They were pretty handy and turned them over – that was what won it.

Scotty Dog bigging up an 84 average, there.
On regulation equipment though so you can add 15 points obviously

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:01 am

I can't open this for some reason, what has Brian 'Pecker' Woods been up to?

https://www.dartfreakz.nl/blog/regiodar ... aaskantje/
not a girl

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:05 am

Rogg wrote:I can't open this for some reason, what has Brian 'Pecker' Woods been up to?

Brian Woods has become the winner of 1st edition Open Maaskantje

Well, of course you do not expect that if you're going to lead a tournament in the primal Brabant Maaskantje ...

But back in time to the registrations, because they were a bit disappointing. Only 54 entries were total, including 6 ladies. And during the registration, the name Brian Woods suddenly popped up, pardon who? Yes, Brian Woods, also known as Woodpecker, formerly a regular guest at the BDO tournaments and several times to be seen at their World Cup. He turned out to be a weekend with friends in the Netherlands and came for an afternoon of darts. But also PDC player Jermaine Wattimena was registered. And many more good dart players.

The first matches were thrown over for a while and unfortunately we could only use 8 lanes instead of the 32 lanes that were lined up. There was of course quite a struggle to determine the order in the groups.

To give the darters a little more fun, in the KO rounds all matches became a bo5. The end was therefore a bit later, but the many top matches towards the end of the tournament have paid a lot.

The losers' side the last 8:
3-0 Henk Toebes - Toine Boeren
3-2 Angelino Kranenburgrg - Patrick Hutten
3-0 Eric Vossen - Patrick Smulders
3-2 Michel Smits - Kees Ketelaars

The semi-finals:
3-1 Angelino Kranenburg - Michel Smits
3-1 Henk Toebes - Eric Vossen

The final:
4-1 Angelino Kranenburg - Henk Toebes

Aan de winnaarskant zat iedereen natuurlijk te wachten op de wedstrijden van de “grote heren”, want dat ze elkaar tegen zouden komen was wel de wens van alle aanwezigen. En ze kregen wat ze wilden, en ook nog sneller dan ze dachten…

Last 16:
3-2 Henri van Es - Daan Bastiaansen
3-0 Marcel Muijtjens - Dhanesh Misier
3-1 Bas van der Cruijsen - Stefan Stephan Buttercup
3-1 Peter Makken - Piet Mediators
3-0 Levy Frauenfelder - Bart Foolen
3-0 Moreno Blom - Marcelino van Uden
3-2 Jordy Waalboer - Gerwin Spanjers
and there he already was:
3-1 Brian Woods - Jermaine Wattimena
A really sparkling match:
1-0 Brian in 10 darts,
2-0 Brian including a 180 and a F124
2-1 Jermaine including a 180 and a F144
3-1 Brian

But we do not have enough of the rest, because there too we played frenzied jars, which often went to the thread.

Last 8:
3-0 Levy Frauenfelder - Henri van Es
3-0 Brian Woods - Peter Makken
3-2 Jordy Waalboer - Marcel Muijtjens
3-1 Moreno Blom - Bas van der Cruijsen

The semi-finals:
4-2 Brian Woods - Levy Frauenfelder
4-3 Jordy Waalboer - Moreno Blom

AND thus the final:
5-1 Brian Woods - Jordy Waalboer.
Jordy could still resist in the second leg by making it right, but Brian was simply much more stable with his high scores and almost never passed the 15-18 darts.

The highest finish of the day was in the name of Levy Frauenfelder with 152 after the group matches, but in the final, Brian threw a 156 finish for the 3-1 lead.

I am convinced that not all 180 scores are mentioned on the competition tickets, but what was mentioned on it, yielded the following list:
(5x) Brian Woods, (3x) Jordy Waalboer, (2x) Jermaine Wattimena and all ( 1x) from Henk Toebes, Angelino Kranenburg, Michel Smit, Dennis vd Vossenberg, Daan Bastiaansen, Moreno Blom, Ramon Verhagen and Patrick Hutten.

Was there also a bit of finishing? Best of all:
(156) Brian Woods, (152) Levy Frauenfelder, (144) Jermaine Wattimena, (125) Levy Frauenfelder, (124) Brian Woods, (118) Jermaine Wattimena, (115) Henk Toebes and Brian Woods, (104) ) Moreno Blom.

People from the Open-Maaskantje organization: next year there will probably be more, because the tent, the floor, the care, the jobs were fine! Keep full and see you next year !?
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:06 am

Rogg wrote:I can't open this for some reason, what has Brian 'Pecker' Woods been up to?

He won the highly prestigious Maaskantje Open it seems. Beat Wattimena along the way, other than that, haven't heard of the other players.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:09 am

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:12 am

Fantastic stuff.

"Michel 'Bully Boy' Smits"
not a girl

Pigpen

Post by Pigpen » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:16 pm

Brian "almost never passed the 15-18 darts"

sounds like we missed a classic :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:22 pm

http://firerodharrington.com/

Anyone know this site? It has some great data on players and some decent betting tips as well. Worth to check it out.