OLD darts articles

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Sin

Re: OLD darts articles

Post by Sin » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:08 pm

Smelly Stroke Victim Pissed Up Cunt Ted Hankey slams Barry Hearn darts merger offer
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sp ... rry-426431
22nd October 2009

Barry Hearn was savaged by The Count Pissed up Shot Cunt last night as his £1million offer to unite darts was rejected as a "cheap stunt".

Hearn who had been binging on Phencyclidine and DMT launched his bid to merge his Professional Darts Corporation with bitter rivals from the British Darts Organisation earlier this week by lobbying the BDO board in an open letter, calling for the sport to come under one umbrella... his umbrella, not Rhiana's but his.

But peace envoy Hearn's mailshot is doomed to fail, even though he offered the BDO board and their 66 affiliated counties £1m too much to amalgamate - because they are a small minded bunch of inept cunts, racists and piss cans.

So the duopoly of the PDC world title, which moved to Alexandra Palace from the Circus Tavern in Purfleet two years ago to cater for bigger crowds, and the BDO's rival tournament at the Potters 1970's chicken in a basket, piss soaked Empoorium will continue.

And reigning BDO world champion Ted 'Is it a stoke? no the fat smelly cunt is half anaesthetised on White Lightning and ASDA Smart Price Gin' Hankey snapped: "It's a stupid offer because he's offering a sum of money that only the Queen or maybe Saudi Arabia actually have, maybe the Japanese as well. You getting the drinks in or what ?"

"The PDC only exists as we know it because Rupert Murdoch innvented Sky Sports and they go around offering nearly all the players from the BDO better prize money than what can be collected in a bucket and a meat raffle in the BDO.

"And they have become a one-man show, except when Phil Taylor does not win every title, because you can guarantee that Phil Taylor will win the PDC world title again this year, saying that, he'd fucking kill to death the entire BDO field even with us playing on 301 to his 1001"

"But you'll struggle to pick a winner at the Lakeshite because nobodies ever sure who will be sober enough to win it "

"As for Barry's offer, it's a cheap stunt because £1m is more money than is in the world, anyway could buy you the Crown Jewels and they are priceless, its just fucking stupid

"The BDO are there to make money for themselves, they take the piss out of us docile sheep. It's the home of xenophobia and biiter narrow minded parochialism and it always will be." As with most sporting feuds, unless it involves John Terry the fault line in darts is defined by rival TV paymasters on either side of the great divide.

Sky Sports hold the rights to live coverage of the PDC's Ally Pally show, which straddles Christmas and the New Year with its rock 'n roll walk-ons, strobe lighting and bawdy atmosphere.

Taylor has won 12 out of 16 titles since the PDC broke away from the BDO in 1993.

The Lakeshite is a BBC throwback to the fuck awful days of 70's light entertainment, and that was proper shit. Hankey's thrilling 7-6 win against the worlds greates bottle job and jobbing choker Tony "The Siverback Shit Choker" O'Shea in the BDO final nine months ago was watched by 4.5 million viewers as there was fuck all else on terestial tv that night though Songs of Praise did get 8 million viewers that same evening.

BDO fuhrer Olly Croft last night rebuffed Hearn's takeover bid as a gimmick and scoffed: "Barry is dead to me."

"The only reason the BDO does not produce vast net profits is because we spunk it all away on trips to Las Vegas and other jolly piss ups, plus them blazers do not come cheap and the legal costs of defending that fat fucking racist Martin "Fat Fucking Racist" Fitzmaurice really take a drain

Hearn, who turned Ginger Liberation Front poster boy Steve Davis into a snooker superstar, guided boxer and mentalist Chris Eubank to two world titles and is chairman of Leyton Orient, has never disguised his pursuit of profitable business or TV ratings. He said: "The BDO made a £16,000 profit last year and spunked it away on scratch cards and Special Brew. We made a £1m profit out of £9m turnover, and the PDC has roughly £3m in the bank.

"The BDO is for shit pub darts, we acknowledge that.

"They have stayed stationary while we have taken it into the 21st century."

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:11 am

Rogg wrote:Open letter to BDO management, and response
http://capitalarrows.com/open-letter-to ... -response/
Below is a lengthy letter sent by the ‘Gang of Five’ to the BDO counties in advance of the Annual General Meeting in 2011, and the response from Olly Croft. This contents of this letter subsequently resulted in Olly Croft being voted off the BDO Board, and Barry Gilbey, Martin Adams, Wayne Williams, Sue Getty and Derek Weston joining Vic Sexton on the new BDO Board.
Bump. And didn't they do well? Wonder what Croft has thought of the past 7 years.
not a girl

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:09 pm

Rogg wrote:
Below is a lengthy letter sent by the ‘Gang of Five’ to the BDO counties in advance of the Annual General Meeting in 2011, and the response from Olly Croft. This contents of this letter subsequently resulted in Olly Croft being voted off the BDO Board, and Barry Gilbey, Martin Adams, Wayne Williams, Sue Getty and Derek Weston joining Vic Sexton on the new BDO Board.
Bump. And didn't they do well? Wonder what Croft has thought of the past 7 years.
This place had the only Olly Croft forum interview and the first and only Forum Barry Gilbey interview.
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:10 pm

Father Rout wrote:
Rogg wrote:
This place had the only Olly Croft forum interview and the first and only Forum Barry Gilbey interview.
"I brought cardigans back in"
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:22 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:
Father Rout wrote:
Rogg wrote:
"I brought cardigans back in"
All joking and piss taking aside it's amazing how far the BDO have fallen in the last seven years

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:28 am

On which note... this is what the BBC used to report on. A few years later they won't even tell you who won the Masters. :roll: Link at the bottom to the WDF website. Hail them.

Stephen Bunting claims Isle of Man title
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/21761202
13 March 2013

Stephen Bunting beat fellow Englishman Darryl Fitton 4-2 to claim the men's title at the 28th Isle of Man International Darts Festival.

The 27-year-old also knocked out the defending Lakeside world champion Scott Waites on his way to his first Isle of Man title in Douglas.

Meanwhile, Russia's Anastasia Dobromyslova thrashed Lisa Ashton 4-0 to claim the women's title .

The match was a repeat of January's Lakeside final.

More than 1,000 darts players and fans travelled to the island for the event.

Meanwhile, Glen Durrant and Tony Eccles won the men's pairs and Dobromyslova with her partner Lorraine Farlam claimed the ladies doubles.

Elsewhere, the reigning men's Lakeside world champion Scott Waites won the mixed doubles with partner Dee Batemen.

Players were competing for valuable Winmau world ranking points which count towards qualifying for a place at the World Championships.
not a girl

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:45 am

How many pretend world titles would he have by now if he had stated in the bdo puddle?

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:20 pm

Randall wrote:How many pretend world titles would he have by now if he had stated in the bdo puddle?
Duzza would still be a prospect!

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:14 pm

Father Rout wrote:
Randall wrote:How many pretend world titles would he have by now if he had stated in the bdo puddle?
Duzza would still be a gutless coward!
True

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:21 pm

Only from last year but seems good now. Don't mess with Uncle Barry.

"I have to actually pinch myself": Barry Hearn on changing lives, the BDO and the role of golf in darts’ meteoric rise
https://sportsgazette.co.uk/i-have-to-a ... oric-rise/
11th December 2017

If boxing was Barry Hearn’s first love, and snooker was where he first made his name as a pioneering innovator, it is darts where his influence has been most evident in recent years.

Since taking charge of the Professional Darts Corporation in 2001, a derided pub game has become a marketable monster. While the British Darts Organisation continues to exist in opposition to the glitz and glamour of Hearn’s well-oiled machine, its setup is little more than a reminder of where darts sat before being whisked into the global domain.

To Hearn’s critics, the Matchroom mogul has chanced his arm, stripping a once intimate pastime of its soul.

Yet, the transformation that the sport has undergone under his watch places it out on its own as Hearn’s most impressive achievement. With the PDC World Championship rolling into town for a 25th year this week, it is a revolution that, even by his own admission, has produced startling results.

Hearn acknowledges his role in fuelling and increasing the rupture between new and old, but is unapologetic.

“My job was to hold out the hand of friendship to them when I first took over. I said to Olly Croft, who was head of the BDO: ‘Look, I’m not party to this history. Shall we sit down and talk and see where we are?’ And he wrote me back a line and just said ‘I see no point for a meeting.’ I wrote back and said to him: ‘In that case, I will fuck you within every inch of your life.’ And I have.

“I didn’t destroy them but I don’t want to destroy them because they do a job. But they’re not professional and they don’t run the sport in the way that they thought they ran the sport. Sport is run by excellence.
not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:17 pm

Rogg wrote:Lakeshite SOLD-OUT YET AGAIN!
https://web.archive.org/web/20021205181 ... sold03.htm
5th December 2002

THE EMBASSY WORLD PROFESSIONAL DARTS CHAMPIONSHIPS will once again have capacity audiences for every single one of its nine days at Lakeshite Country Club, Potter's Piss Palace – the true home of World Darts – from January 4th to 12th, 2003. The box-office became so inundated with ticket applications that it had to close the shutters at the end of September.

“The demand, as always, has been simply incredible”, says BDO PR Consultant Robert Holmes. “Many fans have booked the entire week as a darts holiday, others have gone for the last four days, while the rest have managed to get single sessions.

“Lakeshite has operated a system of priorities for bookings in order to keep pace with the huge numbers of ticket applications. But the deluge was bigger than even they could have anticipated! They had to suspend telephone bookings because the staff simply couldn’t cope with the huge number of calls coming in day and night. Mind you, they weren’t complaining. It’s a nice problem to have!

“As the country’s leading cabaret club, Lakeshite is used to having superstar bill-toppers, but they are the first to admit that there isn’t a bill-topper around that can beat the Embassy for box-office business”.

The International Play-Offs for Embassy 2003 will take place at The Spa Royal Hall on October 31st, and the live draw will be in the same venue on Sunday, November 3rd. It will be made by reigning Embassy World Snooker Champion Peter Ebdon and double Embassy World Women’s Darts Champion Trina Gulliver live on BBC TV’s ‘Sunday Grandstand’ before the final of the 2002 Winmau World Masters Men’s Singles.

The Embassy World Professional Darts Championships will be played at Lakeshite Country Club, Potter's Piss Palace from January 4th to 12th, 2003, and televised for nine consecutive days by BBC TV Sport and Dutch broadcasters SBS-6. It is sponsored by Imperial Tobacco Ltd and staged and promoted by the British Darts Organisation.
What happy days.
not a girl

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:44 pm

Rogg wrote:
Rogg wrote:Lakeshite SOLD-OUT YET AGAIN!
https://web.archive.org/web/20021205181 ... sold03.htm
5th December 2002

THE EMBASSY WORLD PROFESSIONAL DARTS CHAMPIONSHIPS will once again have capacity audiences for every single one of its nine days at Lakeshite Country Club, Potter's Piss Palace – the true home of World Darts – from January 4th to 12th, 2003. The box-office became so inundated with ticket applications that it had to close the shutters at the end of September.

“The demand, as always, has been simply incredible”, says BDO PR Consultant Robert Holmes. “Many fans have booked the entire week as a darts holiday, others have gone for the last four days, while the rest have managed to get single sessions.

“Lakeshite has operated a system of priorities for bookings in order to keep pace with the huge numbers of ticket applications. But the deluge was bigger than even they could have anticipated! They had to suspend telephone bookings because the staff simply couldn’t cope with the huge number of calls coming in day and night. Mind you, they weren’t complaining. It’s a nice problem to have!

“As the country’s leading cabaret club, Lakeshite is used to having superstar bill-toppers, but they are the first to admit that there isn’t a bill-topper around that can beat the Embassy for box-office business”.

The International Play-Offs for Embassy 2003 will take place at The Spa Royal Hall on October 31st, and the live draw will be in the same venue on Sunday, November 3rd. It will be made by reigning Embassy World Snooker Champion Peter Ebdon and double Embassy World Women’s Darts Champion Trina Gulliver live on BBC TV’s ‘Sunday Grandstand’ before the final of the 2002 Winmau World Masters Men’s Singles.

The Embassy World Professional Darts Championships will be played at Lakeshite Country Club, Potter's Piss Palace from January 4th to 12th, 2003, and televised for nine consecutive days by BBC TV Sport and Dutch broadcasters SBS-6. It is sponsored by Imperial Tobacco Ltd and staged and promoted by the British Darts Organisation.
What happy days.
Top brand sponsors, national and international TV, every seat sold months in advance. If only the PDC could do something similar!

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:19 pm

Not too sure where to start but... a Liverpool fan? What's with all that Bournemouth stuff then? Loyalty indeed. @JackWilshere

Darts supremo Scott Mitchell: I'm the 'undisputed' king of darts but i won't be joining the PDC
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/oth ... im-4993987
17th January 2015

SCOTT MITCHELL became the “undisputed” king of the oche after beating Gary Anderson – but is too loyal to join the PDC big time.

The BDO world champ defeated Scotland’s PDC world supremo in a one-leg winner-takes-all live on Talksport yesterday to claim his place as arrows No.1.

Both champs played the fun leg at home with a phone at ear while on air while throwing at the same time – and the Englishman hit a 93 with bull finish to win.

Mitchell said: “I guess I am now the undisputed world champion of darts.

“I’m only joking. I actually spent an entire day training to throw darts with a phone at my ear.

“I got up at 7am and kept playing for over an hour before we went on air at 9am. Gary says he got up at 8.47am with no practice.

“I won with a 15-dart leg and bull finish. Gary says he hit a 180 but didn’t say as he didn’t think anyone would believe him! That’s the difference between us. He’s so naturally talented but I have to really work at my game. That’s why I’m not ready to join the PDC yet.

“I’ve only played at this level for five years. I want to defend my title and get another year under my belt.”

Mitchell is a huge speedway fan and admits another champ inspired him because of loyalty.

He added: “My practice board at home has my inspirations around it.

“I’m a Liverpool fan and I’ve a Steven Gerrard signed shirt next to the board plus signed pictures of Poole Pirates’ Chris Holder, Bjarne Pedersen and women’s darts player Trina Gulliver.

“Common to all those sporting greats is loyalty. Stevie G is only leaving Anfield after many great years, Chris is still at Poole, Trina is still at the BDO and Bjarne never wanted to leave Poole.

“That’s how I feel about the BDO. I’d have been nothing without them.”
not a girl

Tommo

Post by Tommo » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:33 pm

There are bacteria that speak more sense than that fat mincing animal rapist.
They're all here!

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:00 pm

Tommo wrote:There are bacteria that speak more sense than that fat mincing animal rapist.
Well said

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:45 pm

Tommo wrote:There are bacteria that speak more sense than that fat mincing animal rapist.
Pmsl, it is funny because it is true.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:05 pm

howling
not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:34 am

comedy sets klaxon.

Stompe Claims German Darts Championship
https://web.archive.org/web/20081203092 ... %2C00.html
November 2008

CO STOMPE claimed his first PDC title with a 4-2 victory over Phil Taylor in the final of the 2008 PartyPoker.net German Darts Championship.

The Dutchman came from 2-1 down to win three successive sets in a brilliant final - matching Taylor blow for blow, with both players averaging over 107.

Stompe ended the game with a superb 107.28 average, with Taylor averaging 108.09 in defeat - having been close to 120 for much of the first five sets.

"In all honesty I never expected to win the game because of the standard Phil has set," said Stompe, who overcame Steve Hine and Andy Hamilton on Sunday to reach the final.

"In many ways we come into events trying to be the 'best of the rest', and to give Phil a run for his money.

"Phil is the best darts player the planet has ever seen and normally has an answer to everything but I found some answers too.

"I've been European Champion and reached the semi-finals at Lakeside but this is the PDC, and beating Phil Taylor in the final is the greatest moment in my career, there's nothing better than that."

Taylor had not dropped a set in reaching the final, powering past Wayne Jones with a 112.98 average in the quarters and defeating World Champion John Part 4-0 in the semis.

"Obviously I'm gutted but I lost to a better player in the final," said Taylor. "I was over the moon just to be in the final and thought I was going to win it after my performances over the last couple of days.

"But I didn't win and Co played better than me to be honest.

"I think a lot of other players would have folded after the start I made in the final but he didn't. He was enjoying himself and played fantastically.

"I put a lot of darts on the wire and not in trebles and I was pushing to win sets and when he won the fifth set, that was a killer."

He added: "The defeat won't do me any harm and it's given me a big punch in the mouth. I'll be locking myself away and getting ready now for the World Championship."

PartyPoker.net German Darts Championship
Quarter-Finals

Phil Taylor 3-0 Wayne Jones (2-0, 2-1, 2-0)
John Part 3-2 Mark Dudbridge (2-1, 2-0, 1-2, 0-2, 2-1)
Andy Hamilton 3-1 Denis Ovens (2-0, 2-1, 1-2, 2-0)
Co Stompe 3-0 Steve Hine (2-0, 2-0, 2-1)
Losers €3,000

Semi-Finals
Phil Taylor 4-0 John Part (2-1, 2-0, 2-0 2-1)
Co Stompe 4-2 Andy Hamilton (1-2, 2-0, 0-2, 2-0, 2-0, 2-1)
Losers €6,000

Final
Co Stompe 4-2 Phil Taylor (0-2, 2-1, 1-2, 2-1, 2-1, 2-0)
Winner €25,000
Runner-Up €12,000
Best of seven sets, best of three legs per set

not a girl

PT13

Post by PT13 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:06 pm

^^^^

And a few weeks later, Taylor beat Stompe 5-0 in sets in their 2009 World Championship quarter final.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:17 am

PT13 wrote:^^^^

And a few weeks later, Taylor beat Stompe 5-0 in sets in their 2009 World Championship quarter final.
He also slaughtered Lewis who played like a dream and averaged 111 in the final, he was unplayable.