Politics

General day to day stuff
Chizzyfan

Re: Politics

Post by Chizzyfan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:21 pm

All blowing up here the past two days over LGBTQ stuff. And there technology is no legislative government here anyway. Think I'll head back to Iceland. All seemed rosy there.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:03 pm

Unreal announcement today, where the fuck is the Brexit Dividend coming from as we'll be in and paying for the next four years at least?

This will only end in tears or us paying shit loads more in tax, wait for the VAT rise...............
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:05 pm

Politicians and people moan about the nhs.
News that tax will go up to put money into it and they moan about that as well

Kimmy

Post by Kimmy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:04 pm

Abolish the NHS.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:52 pm

Kimmy wrote:Abolish the NHS.
Don't see that one getting approval

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:09 pm

If what's going on now was included in "The Thick of It" the critics would have panned it for being too far fetched. Is hell open to sinners time

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:06 pm

Luckily it's politics and nobody gives a fuck.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:45 pm

Thing is we should give a fuck as effects the likes of us far more than the likes of them

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:01 pm

I don't pay a blind bit of attention

Kimmy

Post by Kimmy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:03 pm

A proper leader finally landing in the UK.

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:45 pm

Kimmy wrote:A proper leader finally landing in the UK.
When was this , pre 1939 ?

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:11 am

Mabbsy wrote:
When was this , pre 1939 ?
Uncle Barry must have arrived back

Clownin

Post by Clownin » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:16 pm

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6766531/t ... -deal-off/

DONALD Trump today accuses the PM of wrecking Brexit — and warns she may have killed off any chance of a vital US trade deal.

The US President delivers his incendiary verdict on her negotiating strategy in a world exclusive interview with The Sun.

In an extraordinary intervention timed to coincide with his UK visit, Mr Trump said Theresa May ignored his advice by opting for a soft Brexit strategy.

And he warned her any attempts to maintain close ties with the EU would make a lucrative US trade deal very unlikely.

Mr Trump said: “If they do a deal like that, we would be dealing with the European Union instead of dealing with the UK, so it will probably kill the deal.”

His comments, damaging to the Prime Minster, come as he delivers his most brutally honest verdict yet on Britain in which he also:

Accused EU leaders of destroying its culture and identity by allowing in millions of migrants
Tore into London Mayor Sadiq Khan for not standing up to terrorists
Blamed Khan for spiralling crime in the capital
Insisted former Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson would make “a great Prime Minister”
Denied once branding Theresa May a “bossy schoolteacher”
Maintained he would keep ties with Russian tyrant Vladimir Putin despite the Salisbury Novichok poisonings
Demanded Britain and other Nato countries spend more on defence
Spoke of his sadness at feeling unwelcome in the capital by anti-Trump protesters
Claimed millions of Brits backed his policies
Told of his pride at taking wife Melania to meet the Queen

Mr Trump’s remarks come as he prepares to meet the PM for a working lunch at Chequers.

He will then board a helicopter for Windsor Castle to meet the Queen before flying up to Scotland for a private two-day visit.

Thousands of people are expected to take part in a series of protests during his stay in the UK.

THERESA May’s new soft Brexit blueprint would “kill” any future trade deal with the United States, Donald Trump warns today.

Mounting an extraordinary attack on the PM’s exit negotiation, the President also reveals she has ignored his advice on how to toughen up the troubled talks.

Instead he believes Mrs May has gone “the opposite way”, and he thinks the results have been “very unfortunate”.

His fiercest criticism came over the centrepiece of the PM’s new Brexit plan — which was unveiled in full yesterday.

It would stick to a common ­rulebook with Brussels on goods and agricultural produce in a bid to keep customs borders open with the EU.

But Mr Trump told The Sun: “If they do a deal like that, we would be dealing with the European Union instead of dealing with the UK, so it will probably kill the deal.

“If they do that, then their trade deal with the US will probably not be made.”

Mr Trump made the bombshell intervention during a world exclusive interview with The Sun — the only British media outlet he spoke to before his arrival in the UK for his first visit as President.

It will pour nitroglycerine on the already raging Tory Brexiteer revolt against the PM.

And in more remarks that will set off alarm bells in No10, Mr Trump also said Mrs May’s nemesis Boris Johnson — who resigned over the soft Brexit blueprint on ­Monday — would “make a great Prime Minister”.

A big US-UK trade deal, long promised by Mr Trump, is cherished by Leave campaigners as Brexit’s biggest prize.

But the President said Mrs May’s plan “will definitely affect trade with the United States, unfortunately in a negative way”.

He explained: “We have enough difficulty with the European Union.

“We are cracking down right now on the European Union because they have not treated the United States fairly on trading.

Questioned on Boris’s comments at a private dinner two weeks ago that Mr Trump “would go in bloody hard” if he was negotiating Brexit, the President swiftly replied: “He is right.”

He added: “I would have done it much differently. I actually told Theresa May how to do it but she didn’t agree, she didn’t listen to me.

“She wanted to go a different route.

“I would actually say that she probably went the opposite way. And that is fine.

“She should negotiate the best way she knows how. But it is too bad what is going on.”

Asked if that meant he would be prepared to walk away from the negotiating table, Trump replied: “Oh, absolutely. I think what is going on is very unfortunate. Too long.

“You know, deals that take too long are never good ones. When a deal takes so long, they never work out very well.”

Mr Trump also went even further in questioning whether Mrs May’s new Brexit plan upholds the referendum result — which he claimed he predicted two years ago. He said: “The deal she is striking is a much ­different deal than the one the people voted on.

“It was not the deal that was in the referendum. I have just been hearing this over the last three days. I know they have had a lot of resignations. So a lot of people don’t like it.”

“No, if they do that I would say that that would probably end a major trade relationship with the United States.”

Despite the withering criticism of Mrs May’s Brexit strategy, Trump insisted he still thinks she is “a very good person”.

He also denied claims that she bores him.

Asked about a report in The Washington Post that he thinks of Mrs May as “a bossy schoolteacher”, Mr Trump said: “No, no, no, no. I never said anything bad about her.

“That is fake news. I think she is a nice person. I get along with her very nicely. The Washington Post is totally fake. They are just a lobbyist for Amazon.”

Recalling a visit to one of his luxury golf resorts in Scotland two years ago, Mr Trump said: “I predicted Brexit.

“I was cutting a ribbon for the opening of Turnberry — you know they totally did a whole renovation, it is beautiful — the day before the Brexit vote.

“I said, ‘Brexit will happen’. The vote is going to go positive, because people don’t want to be faced with the horrible immigration problems that they are being faced with in other countries.

“You remember that Barack Obama said that there is no way it is going to happen, and the UK will get to the back of the line if it ever does, right? I said Brexit will happen, and I was right.”

At a press conference in Brussels yesterday at the end of a summit of Nato leaders, Mr Trump again cast doubt on whether the PM’s soft Brexit plan was true to the referendum result.

He said: “I don’t know if that’s what they voted for.”

Downing Street was left shell-shocked by the criticism.

Mrs May rushed out her own statement to hit back at the President’s claim.

The PM insisted: “We have come to an agreement at the proposal we’re putting to the European Union which absolutely delivers on the Brexit people voted for.

They voted for us to take back control of our money, our law and our borders and that’s exactly what we will do.”

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:34 pm

OK thanks

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:13 pm

This has been hilarious to follow, Trump did a 180 degree turn earlier totally contradicting what we all heard on the recording. Dickhead of the highest order

Captain Hobo

Post by Captain Hobo » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:19 am

Australian PM to be knifed by his party today. 4th time in 8 years we will have a new PM without an election.

Hard right 'conservatives' to install their man, whose only stated policy objectives are a reduction in Immigration and to remove the GST from power bills, both of which will leave big holes in the budget. But at least the adults are in charge...
"The United States will be the first nation to land an astronaut on Nars"

Captain Hobo

Post by Captain Hobo » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:45 am

A neat summary from CNN for those interested in Australian goings-on.

https://edition-m.cnn.com/2018/08/23/au ... cnn.com%2F

New PM likely in the next hour.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:10 pm

Pity they didn't import Theresa May, she's as useful as a chocolate teapot

Chizzyfan

Post by Chizzyfan » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:23 pm

Father Rout wrote:Pity they didn't import Theresa May, she's as useful as a chocolate teapot
Not a patch on Arlene and Michelle.

Captain Hobo

Post by Captain Hobo » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:51 am

Father Rout wrote:Pity they didn't import Theresa May, she's as useful as a chocolate teapot
No way would the 'Conservatives' who run the Liberal Party let a woman be their leader, they barely let them into Cabinet.

Once the knifing of Turnbull was complete, Foreign Minister Julie Bishop was one of 3 contenders, alongside Scott Morrison and Peter Dutton. Despite being more popular with voters than the other 2, Dutton supporters tried to spread rumours that she had more support inside the party, so that Morrison would be knocked out first, and Dutton would then beat Bishop.

Luckily not enough fell for this, but that sums up the Liberal Party perfectly.