2017 Grand Sham of Darts

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Robert Ross

Re: 2017 Grand Sham of Darts

Post by Robert Ross » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:39 pm

sennafan24 wrote:
Randall wrote:Tried it with bunter didn't they?
I read somewhere that Bunting waited for the money to be transferred into his bank account, then agreed to switch.

There was also that business with Hankey years ago. I swear there was a rule in place at that time that Lakeshite semi-finalists had to return the following year, yet Ted made the semi-finals and still switched anyway.
A stroke of genius that was.

phil the great

Post by phil the great » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:04 pm

Was at a gig last night so missed almost all the darts, will catch up on youtube when I can. However I did get home just in time for the last 5 legs of the Bunting Michell match, it was hilarious to watch Mitchell almost literally shit himself on stage, made a great night a very memorable one! Chizzy's interview, who knows what he said it's his accent, looking forward to a great night though, I wonder has there ever been 7 5 4 results at the Grand Slam before? I'm sure I can remember 6 once before years back, but I'd reckon we haven't had 7 before. Enjoy the darts guys, hopefully more drama and close matches

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:17 pm

sennafan24 wrote:
I read somewhere that Bunting waited for the money to be transferred into his bank account, then agreed to switch.

There was also that business with Hankey years ago. I swear there was a rule in place at that time that Lakeshite semi-finalists had to return the following year, yet Ted made the semi-finals and still switched anyway.
Yep, Hankey broke the gimps hearts and there was nothing the BDO board could do.

The only difference is this time there's no free Tour Cards. Unless of course Uncle Barry sees a business advantage to offering one which bypasses the Q School rule.

Either way a coach and horses can be driven through this
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:38 pm

phil the great wrote:Was at a gig last night so missed almost all the darts, will catch up on youtube when I can. However I did get home just in time for the last 5 legs of the Bunting Michell match, it was hilarious to watch Mitchell almost literally shit himself on stage, made a great night a very memorable one! Chizzy's interview, who knows what he said it's his accent, looking forward to a great night though, I wonder has there ever been 7 5 4 results at the Grand Slam before? I'm sure I can remember 6 once before years back, but I'd reckon we haven't had 7 before. Enjoy the darts guys, hopefully more drama and close matches
Who did you see?

Kimmy

Post by Kimmy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:57 pm

Randall wrote:
phil the great wrote:Was at a gig last night so missed almost all the darts, will catch up on youtube when I can. However I did get home just in time for the last 5 legs of the Bunting Michell match, it was hilarious to watch Mitchell almost literally shit himself on stage, made a great night a very memorable one! Chizzy's interview, who knows what he said it's his accent, looking forward to a great night though, I wonder has there ever been 7 5 4 results at the Grand Slam before? I'm sure I can remember 6 once before years back, but I'd reckon we haven't had 7 before. Enjoy the darts guys, hopefully more drama and close matches
Who did you see?
Probably fucking Shawn Mendes.

The Shank

Post by The Shank » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:01 pm

Evening mate.

The Shank

Post by The Shank » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:03 pm

What's holding John Part's gut in place?

It appears to be defying gravity.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:06 pm

The Shank wrote:What's holding John Part's gut in place?

It appears to be defying gravity.
Oompa lumpas.

phil the great

Post by phil the great » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:09 pm

Randall wrote:
Who did you see?
Cigarettes After Sex, chilled out, dreamy, very very bass driven and slow songs, weird vocalist and echoey guitars, was an experience. Who is Shaun Mendez? Don't follow pop music, like a few folk/pop artists and that's it, not up on the charts and don't do radio lol

PT13

Post by PT13 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:09 pm

StevieBoy wrote:Is it me or does the civic centre look a bit shit? I'm sure it looked better than this especially after the first showing back on ITV. Or is it just that the PDC has out grown this venue?
Even the first few on Sky Sports looked better. However, Sky did get rid of the name scroller going around the hall straight away which ITV used to have.

phil the great

Post by phil the great » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:10 pm

The Shank wrote:
Evening mate.
Evening Shank, like everyone I'm hoping Cross wins, he should win barring a ridiculous turn in form, 5 0 Cross and a virtual murder of "The Boss" will do me fine!

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:13 pm

phil the great wrote:
Randall wrote:
Who did you see?
Cigarettes After Sex, chilled out, dreamy, very very bass driven and slow songs, weird vocalist and echoey guitars, was an experience. Who is Shaun Mendez? Don't follow pop music, like a few folk/pop artists and that's it, not up on the charts and don't do radio lol
Who??

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:15 pm

Noppert will score too heavily for Webster for me.

Greipel

Post by Greipel » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:16 pm

Come on Noppie!

phil the great

Post by phil the great » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:16 pm

Randall wrote:
phil the great wrote:
Randall wrote:
Who did you see?
Who??
Found them Amazon recommend, looked at (Prodigy classic!!!!!) lol checked out a few customer reviews thought they sounded interesting and checked their album out, not normally into a lot of rock but I do like some bands that have distinct sounds or quirks, was pretty near the front too, all as one guys, FREED FROM DESIRE!!! NA NA NA NA NA NAAA NA

PT13

Post by PT13 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:16 pm

M H wrote:
sennafan24 wrote:

Yep, Hankey broke the gimps hearts and there was nothing the BDO board could do.

The only difference is this time there's no free Tour Cards. Unless of course Uncle Barry sees a business advantage to offering one which bypasses the Q School rule.

Either way a coach and horses can be driven through this
Yeah, I doubt the PDC would ever feel the need to offer Tour Cards these days without being in the PDC Top 64 or by going to Q School. The PDC offered tour cards to Lakeside semi finalists from 2011-2014, but only Hankey in 2012 and Bunting in 2014 took up the offer, and Bunting had to keep quiet until the 2014 Lakeside winners' money was in his bank account, as mentioned. Past experience with Hankey in 2012 and King in 2007 before Lakeside semi finals showed the sort of nonsense that can happen, threatening to withdraw prize money and demanding an appearance at the following year's Lakeside.

Kimmy

Post by Kimmy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:16 pm

Randall wrote:Noppert will score too heavily for Webster for me.
First leg is showing that.

phil the great

Post by phil the great » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:17 pm

Randall wrote:Noppert will score too heavily for Webster for me.
I like watching him, wouldn't begrudge him a win, proper talented player!

Kimmy

Post by Kimmy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:17 pm

Jeffrey Dahmer wrote:Come on Noppie!
Sexual attraction?

Greipel

Post by Greipel » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:20 pm

Bruce Vilanch wrote:
Jeffrey Dahmer wrote:Come on Noppie!
Sexual attraction?

What?