UFC/MMA

Life would be boring without it!
Fake Wade's Official Sunday Account

Re: UFC/MMA

Post by Fake Wade's Official Sunday Account » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:38 pm

Not too jazzed about the main event tonight. Should be a procession as Diaz is only in it for the money these days. Hoping to be proved wrong though.

In the co-main Kevin Gastelum came in 10 lbs overweight and apparently had to go to hospital for dehydration so I'm not expecting a lot there.

The rest of the card is pretty good. The prelims are worth a gander as well, with the likes of Miesha Tate vs Sara McMann and Lineker vs McCall being there.
Dropping down to the minor leagues every Sunday to give my take on all things forumland.

TheArrow

Post by TheArrow » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:40 pm

That first round... absolutely hilarious. Anderson could have finished him I think, probably wanted it 5 rounds as a test. Dunno if he'll be back after that post match interview.

Glad Thiago won, wtf was that commando roll from Mein?
It's no mistake retards is an anagram of darters...

Post by Fake Wade's Official Sunday Account » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:41 pm

Anderson doesn't have it any more. The only reason he won that fight is because Diaz is a weight class smaller and so his punches weren't as powerful. If he ever fights Weidman again it'll be ugly.

Nick did a good job defending himself and can still do well in his own weight class if he fights regularly.

Mein fucked that away by being a spastic. Thiago Alves is a shell of his former self due to injuries, but he still kicks like a mule.
Dropping down to the minor leagues every Sunday to give my take on all things forumland.

TheArrow

Post by TheArrow » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:54 pm

jrwfsl147 wrote:Anderson doesn't have it any more. The only reason he won that fight is because Diaz is a weight class smaller and so his punches weren't as powerful. If he ever fights Weidman again it'll be ugly.
I disagree, Silva looked far faster than him even though he was clearly a bit hesitant after the injury and even though he's bigger, basically in another class to Diaz.

I don't think he should fight Weidman again either, but I'd still give him about a 40% chance of winning if he does, pissed around in the first and was doing alright in the second before his leg snapped, Weidman's not better than him, just younger. Anderson knows!

Post by Fake Wade's Official Sunday Account » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:47 pm

Weidman knocked him out in that second fight before the leg break. They were in the clinch and Anderson got put out for a second before waking up as Weidman hit him again.

Diaz has never been a quick fighter, but he near enough had the same number of strikes as Anderson. Weidman's bigger, quicker, a much better wrestler and hits a lot harder than Diaz. Anderson has very little chance to beat him.

Post by Fake Wade's Official Sunday Account » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:52 am

And now it comes out that both Silva and Diaz fail drug tests.

Silva was caught taking anabolic steroids in a test a month before the fight, whereas Diaz tested positive for marijuana post-fight (for the third time in his career).

Silva probably gets a year suspension, and Diaz maybe two as it's a third offence and he got a year for the second.

Also likely the end of their careers.

TheArrow

Post by TheArrow » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:06 am

jrwfsl147 wrote:And now it comes out that both Silva and Diaz fail drug tests.

Silva was caught taking anabolic steroids in a test a month before the fight, whereas Diaz tested positive for marijuana post-fight (for the third time in his career).

Silva probably gets a year suspension, and Diaz maybe two as it's a third offence and he got a year for the second.

Also likely the end of their careers.
Blimey. The marijuana isn't so bad, and not really surprised by Silva either - was talk about him using after his leg snapped as they can make bones brittle, or do you think he's just taken them to recover faster?...

Post by Fake Wade's Official Sunday Account » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:24 pm

I think he just got caught out doing something he's done for years.

TheArrow

Post by TheArrow » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:00 pm

jrwfsl147 wrote:I think he just got caught out doing something he's done for years.
He's never looked particularly ripped or big though, probably only started at around mid 30's I think.

Most top sportsmen are drug cheats, Usain Bolt is juicing for sure, has anything else been said about Jones weird proportions of his steroid metabolites?

TheArrow

Post by TheArrow » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:53 pm

Lost the plot, some don't take losing well:

[youtube][/youtube]

Post by Fake Wade's Official Sunday Account » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:55 am

A few random MMA notes...

- Bellator's on tonight running a show called "The British Invasion". Paul Daley's fighting some jobber, and a English guy called Liam McGeary's fighting for their LHW title. Also Cheick Kongo'o is fighting King Mo. It airs on VIVA at 10pm tomorrow.

- UFC are doing a PPV tomorrow with women fights in the two top matches. Not even joking. It looks like the shittiest PPV card ever. The main event is Rousey vs Zingano, which will be a complete squash for Rousey. The co-main is Holly Holm vs Raquel Pennington, which will be a squash for Holm as Pennington has lost as many as she's won in her career. The third match is Ellenberger vs Koscheck, both of whom have lost their last three. It gets worse from there.

- Bellator are doing Ken Shamrock against Kimbo Slice in June. Should be fucking hilarious. Hankey-esque.

TheArrow

Post by TheArrow » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:32 am

Semtex lol... not heard about him since this:

[youtube][/youtube]

Thought Zingano had a decent chance to beat bitchface? Would love it if she did. Some of the arses on the UFC women are fantastic btw

Shamrock and Slice... :lol:

Post by Fake Wade's Official Sunday Account » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:31 pm

No fucking chance. Zingano can't stop a takedown to save her life. Only way she has a chance is if Rousey inexplicably keeps it on the feet.

Mike Awesome

Post by Mike Awesome » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:24 pm

Shamrock used to be one of my favorite wrestlers had a class entrance theme, haven't seen any of his fights since the third against Ortiz, will be good to see him again even if the bout itself will be an abortion.

Post by Fake Wade's Official Sunday Account » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:43 am

Mike Awesome wrote:Shamrock used to be one of my favorite wrestlers had a class entrance theme, haven't seen any of his fights since the third against Ortiz, will be good to see him again even if the bout itself will be an abortion.
The boy has no business fighting any more. 51 years old and no chin.

Even Kimbo will blitz him inside a couple of minutes. For all people say about Kimbo, he's ten years younger and has been boxing for the last while. In his last MMA fights he beat Houston Alexander and was competitive for seven or eight minutes with Matt Mitrione. Both of those guys would kill Shamrock.

All this assuming the fight goes ahead, which is 50/50 at best. They were supposed to fight in 2008 but on the night of the show Shamrock got a cut over his eye which meant that the fight had to be cancelled. Most people think that he deliberately cut himself over a pay dispute.

Post by Fake Wade's Official Sunday Account » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:13 pm

Imagine you'd paid $65 for that like they do in America.

Main event over in 14 seconds. What a load of fucking shit.

Mr. Myers

Post by Mr. Myers » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:27 am

jrwfsl147 wrote:Imagine you'd paid $65 for that like they do in America.

That's one of the many reasons I prefer wrestling to boxing/mma; you know your going to get value for money. You pay for a 3 hour show, you get a 3 hour show etc etc

Also, it's just so much more entertaining :D

Mike Awesome

Post by Mike Awesome » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:05 pm

Legend. Can't see anything other than a McGregor win.
[youtube][/youtube]

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:06 pm

That's competitive sport for you.

Post by Fake Wade's Official Sunday Account » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:13 pm

Darth Randall wrote:

That's competitive sport for you.
Fuck all competitive about it.