david haye

Life would be boring without it!
DMA

Re: david haye

Post by DMA » Thu May 12, 2011 12:20 pm

randall wrote:
DMA wrote:
randall wrote:has haye taken a genuine punch in a heavyweight title fight?

the big lug and fraudley never got close. the first time vlad lands could be very interesting.
Haye took a decent shot from Luiz he felt it but handled it ok. The art of boxing is hit and don't get hit back,
easy to say impossible to do but Haye has managed to avoid being hit very well it is a good skill quality footwork is the key he has this in bundles over Klitscho. Should be interesting fight and Wlad has got to hit a target which is difficult to hit. Wlad is not hard to hit its just avoiding his reach which is tricky.

a tear up is much more fun to watch thoulgh.

hagler v hearns or hagler v leonard for example, i know which id rather watch.
Defo a tear up Nigel Benn style is good viewing, I just like to see good boxing skills and trying to sus out a boxers plan to win.

DMA

Post by DMA » Thu May 12, 2011 12:24 pm

Dartfrog wrote:You must have watched different press conferences to me DMA, it was Haye that came across as the fanny and looked flustered.
Haye is playing a game to get at Wlad and it is working. Loved the bit where Adam Booth put the paper in Hayes view.
Klitscho is trying to be the good guy and make Haye the bad guy, All Hype but all fun to watch.

Knots & crosses

david haye

Post by Knots & crosses » Thu May 12, 2011 12:24 pm

There won't be a tear up. Klit isn't mobile enough for that, he'll have the middle of the ring and haye will make the running.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu May 12, 2011 12:35 pm

the press conference before the second tyson/ruddock fight summed it up for me.

when asked what tactics tyson would use ruddock just laughed and said he'll stand in front of me, he'll hit me, i'll hit him and we'll see who stands there the longest.

suits me.

Knots & crosses

david haye

Post by Knots & crosses » Thu May 12, 2011 12:38 pm

randall wrote:the press conference before the second tyson/ruddock fight summed it up for me.

when asked what tactics tyson would use ruddock just laughed and said he'll stand in front of me, he'll hit me, i'll hit him and we'll see who stands there the longest.

suits me.
I'm sure you could stand in the streets of Leicester at closing time on the weekend and see that for free.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu May 12, 2011 12:55 pm

Knots & crosses wrote:
randall wrote:the press conference before the second tyson/ruddock fight summed it up for me.

suits me.
I'm sure you could stand in the streets of Leicester at closing time on the weekend and see that for free.
if i pay to see a fight i want to see one, not a long distance jabbing match.

the beautiful science isnt fun to watch for me.

Knots & crosses

david haye

Post by Knots & crosses » Thu May 12, 2011 1:04 pm

randall wrote:
Knots & crosses wrote:

suits me.

Well, that boxing, totally different to a fight.

I don't mind seeing two guys properly feel each other out, so to speak.

It clearly has to progress from there, but unless they are the fittest freaks on the planet with the greatest chins ever, it's not going to last more than a few rounds.

That is just as much a waste of money.

Furious Wolfie 180

Post by Furious Wolfie 180 » Thu May 12, 2011 1:21 pm

Snakehipsx2 wrote:
Knots & crosses wrote:I don't mind seeing two guys properly feel each other out, so to speak.
Dirty bugger.
In the ring as well...

Fnnnar....Fnnarrr
You choose your leaders and place your trust
As their lies put you down and their promises bust

Knots & crosses

david haye

Post by Knots & crosses » Thu May 12, 2011 2:33 pm

Furious Wolfie 180 wrote:
Snakehipsx2 wrote:
Knots & crosses wrote:I don't mind seeing two guys properly feel each other out, so to speak.
Dirty bugger.
In the ring as well...

Fnnnar....Fnnarrr
One of them nearly always ends up going down as well.

Dartfrog

Post by Dartfrog » Thu May 12, 2011 9:51 pm

Groves V DeGale looks interesting, guys really hate each other.
I know DeGale is favourite but i hope Groves KO's him.

DMA

Post by DMA » Fri May 13, 2011 11:59 am

Dartfrog wrote:Groves V DeGale looks interesting, guys really hate each other.
Frog I can honestly say unless Degale lands a lucky swinging right hand I think Groves will outbox him and let Degayle come forward looking for the knockout picking him off and I defo fancy Groves if it gets in the later rounds. I believe Degayle is not up to the same standard as Groves and it will be shown in the fight.

Dartfrog

Post by Dartfrog » Fri May 13, 2011 12:21 pm

Well i hope your right DMA. This is pay per view right? not buying it but would like to watch the stream if there is one going.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Fri May 13, 2011 12:59 pm

Dartfrog wrote:Well i hope your right DMA. This is pay per view right? not buying it but would like to watch the stream if there is one going.
Don't see that being a problem mate
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

DMA

Post by DMA » Fri May 13, 2011 8:09 pm

Dartfrog wrote:Well i hope your right DMA. This is pay per view right? not buying it but would like to watch the stream if there is one going.
Afraid I will be paying pay-per-view again my broadband is still a bit slow and Sky say it seems ok to them but I can guarentee if I try watch a stream it won't work or keep freezing,

Has anyone got the whole undercard yet?

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Fri May 13, 2011 8:13 pm

Too early mate but I'd try the stream first as if it don't work you can then buy in.
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

DMA

Post by DMA » Fri May 13, 2011 8:25 pm

Snakehipsx2 wrote:
DMA wrote:
Dartfrog wrote:Groves V DeGale looks interesting, guys really hate each other.
Frog I can honestly say unless Degale lands a lucky swinging right hand I think Groves will outbox him and let Degayle come forward looking for the knockout picking him off and I defo fancy Groves if it gets in the later rounds. I believe Degayle is not up to the same standard as Groves and it will be shown in the fight.
I'll put my betting boots on.
Groves is trained by Adam Booth same as Haye is and by all accounts he is looking very sharp and doing some serious sparring with some quality southpaws he is well up for this one and the dislike of Degale is genuine not hype by George Groves. Although it means nothing now Groves beat Degale before in the amatuer ranks. My money is going on Groves on points although a late stoppage wouldn't surprise me.

adrian1969

Post by adrian1969 » Sun May 15, 2011 11:42 am

randall wrote:
Knots & crosses wrote:

suits me.

Watching Pernell Whitaker toy with people was always fun to watch.

On the Haye fight, if he brings his A game I think he'll win.

Without stating the blindinly obvious, speed and movement will be the key - Hayes power will be no good if he doesn't get in range to land his shots.

martin71109

Post by martin71109 » Mon May 16, 2011 11:06 pm

i am going to hamburg the week after the fight on holiday for two weeks; would have been good to have seen the fight live

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:41 pm

Randall wrote: Thu May 12, 2011 12:55 pm
Knots & crosses wrote:

suits me.

I bet there is more action when you twat some shoplifter.
‘Captain Bazball’

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:23 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:41 pm
Randall wrote: Thu May 12, 2011 12:55 pm
Knots & crosses wrote:

suits me.

I bet there is more action when you twat some shoplifter.
Oh yes