De Graaf and Zijlstra quit Dutch national team.

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Cooking with Sanchez

Re: De Graaf and Zijlstra quit Dutch national team.

Post by Cooking with Sanchez » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:38 pm

Whataboutery klaxon!
The Thorn wrote: Be honest Malt sometimes women deserve a slap or 2.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:52 pm

And so is that

Cooking with Sanchez

Post by Cooking with Sanchez » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:59 pm

40-0

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:00 pm

You didn't get zero

ChrisW

Post by ChrisW » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:34 pm

https://www.ad.nl/darts/aileen-de-graaf ... ~aa7e6f69/

Aileen de Graaf responds to darts riot around trans woman: 'It bothered me to be in the same team with her'
Aileen de Graaf fully supports her choice to leave the Dutch team. The 33-year-old player can no longer justify being in the same team as trans woman Noa-Lynn van Leuven and, like Anca Zijlstra, therefore informed the darts association last weekend that she would turn her back on the national team.

The decision provoked a storm of reactions. Van Leuven in particular had a hard time on social media. "I would like to start by asking you to remain respectful to each other, when I see the reactions that pass by, I am very shocked," De Graaf writes in an extensive statement on Facebook. 'Especially how people are talking about Noa now, you wouldn't wish that on anyone. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion, but do so in a respectful manner.'

She does not give interviews ("This gives even more people the opportunity to respond in an disrespectful way"), but she does want to provide clarity about the reason behind the controversial decision. 'People who know me personally know that the subject has been around since the first time a transgender took part in a Dutch ranking. From the beginning, I have expressed my opinion on this in a respectful manner. Privately to people and to people from the darts association. Including Noa, when I first spoke to her.'

'Because I have and express this opinion, I am often asked why I am on the same team as a transgender person. I was told that I was participating in the rule and not making an issue of it. This has always bothered me because it goes against my feelings. That's why I made the decision to leave the team and make my reason known.'

No conflict with Van Leuven
De Graaf wants to emphasize that there is no conflict between her and 27-year-old Van Leuven. 'Even though Noa and I both have different points of view, we respected each other. Noa actually liked that I was honest about this with her and did not do this behind her back. Last World Cup I was able to play for the Dutch team together with Noa and we enjoyed it very much.'

'For the people who now call me a transphobe, I would also like to emphasize that I have nothing personal against Noa or transgender people, everyone can be whoever they want to be, as I wrote before. If I had something against Noa, I would not have decorated her room as a surprise at that same World Cup because it was her birthday. Despite our opinions, we always act normal towards each other.'

meetthefeebles

Post by meetthefeebles » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:25 pm

ChrisW wrote:https://www.ad.nl/darts/aileen-de-graaf ... ~aa7e6f69/

Aileen de Graaf responds to darts riot around trans woman: 'It bothered me to be in the same team with her'
Aileen de Graaf fully supports her choice to leave the Dutch team. The 33-year-old player can no longer justify being in the same team as trans woman Noa-Lynn van Leuven and, like Anca Zijlstra, therefore informed the darts association last weekend that she would turn her back on the national team.

The decision provoked a storm of reactions. Van Leuven in particular had a hard time on social media. "I would like to start by asking you to remain respectful to each other, when I see the reactions that pass by, I am very shocked," De Graaf writes in an extensive statement on Facebook. 'Especially how people are talking about Noa now, you wouldn't wish that on anyone. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion, but do so in a respectful manner.'

She does not give interviews ("This gives even more people the opportunity to respond in an disrespectful way"), but she does want to provide clarity about the reason behind the controversial decision. 'People who know me personally know that the subject has been around since the first time a transgender took part in a Dutch ranking. From the beginning, I have expressed my opinion on this in a respectful manner. Privately to people and to people from the darts association. Including Noa, when I first spoke to her.'

'Because I have and express this opinion, I am often asked why I am on the same team as a transgender person. I was told that I was participating in the rule and not making an issue of it. This has always bothered me because it goes against my feelings. That's why I made the decision to leave the team and make my reason known.'

No conflict with Van Leuven
De Graaf wants to emphasize that there is no conflict between her and 27-year-old Van Leuven. 'Even though Noa and I both have different points of view, we respected each other. Noa actually liked that I was honest about this with her and did not do this behind her back. Last World Cup I was able to play for the Dutch team together with Noa and we enjoyed it very much.'

'For the people who now call me a transphobe, I would also like to emphasize that I have nothing personal against Noa or transgender people, everyone can be whoever they want to be, as I wrote before. If I had something against Noa, I would not have decorated her room as a surprise at that same World Cup because it was her birthday. Despite our opinions, we always act normal towards each other.'
A perfectly reasonable and nuanced explanation.

Cooking with Sanchez

Post by Cooking with Sanchez » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:05 pm

Fair enough.

ChrisW

Post by ChrisW » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:29 pm

Randall wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:20 am If anyone can explain what relevance brexit or vaccines have to do with the price of fish I'm all ears.
Brexit probably does have a big influence on the price of fish :)

meetthefeebles

Post by meetthefeebles » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:35 pm

ChrisW wrote:
Randall wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:20 am If anyone can explain what relevance brexit or vaccines have to do with the price of fish I'm all ears.
Brexit probably does have a big influence on the price of fish :)
Touche Image

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:21 am

Randy didn't get the memo
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:33 am

The Thorn wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:21 am Randy didn't get the memo
Regarding?

ChrisW

Post by ChrisW » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:43 am

Randall wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:33 am
The Thorn wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:21 am Randy didn't get the memo
Regarding?
https://www.seafoodsource.com/news/prem ... ish-prices

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:46 am

I never order fish at the chippy anymore
In fact i rarely bother as when I do nothing tastes like it used to

ChrisW

Post by ChrisW » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:50 am

So true.
The one thing I used to crave when on a visit back home.
Usually a let down.

ChrisW

Post by ChrisW » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:12 am

The aubergine has his say.

Dirk van Duijvenbode, the current number 12 in the PDC Order of Merit, has little sympathy for Zijlstra's action. "Who posts something on Facebook after she lost to Noa-Lynn. If you're really that tough, you wouldn't have thrown that match. Then you make a better statement. I think this is a bit weak, personally," Van Duijvenbode said to 538.

However, Van Duijvenbode did not want to give his opinion on the whole affair. "I don't think the opinion matters at all. It comes from higher up. What anyone thinks about it is irrelevant. Ultimately, it's a rules issue and I don't think this is the only sport. This is more a matter of: don't hate the player, but the system." Later in the interview, he did call it a "systemic failure."

"In most sports, men are slightly better anyway," said Van Duijvenbode. "Why that is, I don't know. A woman throws more with a curve, a man has a tight throw. That really does have something to do with power. There really are exceptions, but they are scarce.

Potter's Lake

Post by Potter's Lake » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:33 am

Duivee's pretty much spot on there. "A woman throws more with a curve, a man has a tight throw" is a really, really funny sentence though.

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:10 am

Anca statement was a bit ill timed
The Thorn wrote: ↑Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:39 pm
Rather top myself than watch 1 minute of this shite

Thorn about Modus Super Series in 2021 - He now is an avid fan

ChrisW

Post by ChrisW » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:28 am

oche balboa wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:10 am Anca statement was a bit ill timed
It's pretty common in darts. Lose a match. Make a statement.

Cooking with Sanchez

Post by Cooking with Sanchez » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:29 am

They call it "going full Gezzy"

ChrisW

Post by ChrisW » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:25 pm

Jacques and presenter with Ron M having a long discussion now about the whole Anca and Aileen situation.