Random Dart Stuff

Chat and Gossip About Professional and Ever More Farcical BDO Darts
User avatar
TheMalteseDart
Posts: 16232
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Random Dart Stuff

Post by TheMalteseDart » Thu May 25, 2023 7:46 pm

There's not much attention on him nowadays which can only be a good thing. He's playing all the time, seems to be doing better this year
Image

Also an Andy Boulton, Scott Baker, Boris Koltsov, Ryan Furness and Prakash Jiwa super fan

User avatar
sennafan24
Moderator
Posts: 27456
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Random Dart Stuff

Post by sennafan24 » Thu May 25, 2023 7:46 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:41 pm Edit- I would say qualifying for the BDO worlds at just turned 15? Is a pretty decent achievement.
The BDO was a shambles in 2019.
BeppeBergomi wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:08 pm He DOES NOT deserves the win!!!!!

This bastard is an unsporting son of a bitch!!!!

Never mind Gary, for the real sportsmen you have won this!!!!!

User avatar
Smithy1412
Posts: 1580
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:35 pm
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: Random Dart Stuff

Post by Smithy1412 » Thu May 25, 2023 7:48 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:46 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:41 pm Edit- I would say qualifying for the BDO worlds at just turned 15? Is a pretty decent achievement.
The BDO was a shambles in 2019.
Still better than this WDF now
"Don't feed the troll"

User avatar
The real ssjsa
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu May 11, 2023 7:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Random Dart Stuff

Post by The real ssjsa » Thu May 25, 2023 7:48 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:45 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:41 pm
sennafan24 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:36 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:27 pm So you’ve not actually answered the question. I stand by what I said but didn’t put a timescale on it. Put it this way, I didn’t expect him to be winning majors at 17. With your comment maybe you did??
You and others claimed hyped him up to be the next big thing.

MVG smashed Adams to win the BDO Masters when he was 17. Bennett hasn't done anything remotely as impressive as that. Heck he hasn't even won a tour card and was beaten in the juniors at Ally Pally.
He may well be the next big thing. I can’t think of any darts player at such a young age who was hyped as much. I don’t really know much about MVG at the same age tbh. The fact he hasn’t won a tour card yet will probably help in the long run.

What exactly were your expectations of him as a 17 year old?
Well if Bennett was the child prodigy that MVG at 17 you'd expect him to at least have won the juniors worlds and made more of a splash on the development/youth tour.

If a 17 year old MVG was active in today's game he certainly would have achieved a lot more by now.
He may well have done, but the standard of 17 year old darts players is way ahead of the standard in 2006 when MVG was 17.
Image

User avatar
sennafan24
Moderator
Posts: 27456
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Random Dart Stuff

Post by sennafan24 » Thu May 25, 2023 7:51 pm

The real ssjsa wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:48 pm He may well have done, but the standard of 17 year old darts players is way ahead of the standard in 2006 when MVG was 17.
Again, MVG beat prime versions of Fitton, Adams, and Webster when 17

Is Bennett doing anything remotely as impressive?

Again, Bennett was hyped a few years ago to be a teenage prodigy, comparable to a young MVG. So far he's fallen short of those expectations, even if they were very optimistic in the first place.
BeppeBergomi wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:08 pm He DOES NOT deserves the win!!!!!

This bastard is an unsporting son of a bitch!!!!

Never mind Gary, for the real sportsmen you have won this!!!!!

User avatar
HalloweenJack
Posts: 11147
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Random Dart Stuff

Post by HalloweenJack » Thu May 25, 2023 7:56 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:45 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:41 pm
sennafan24 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:36 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:27 pm So you’ve not actually answered the question. I stand by what I said but didn’t put a timescale on it. Put it this way, I didn’t expect him to be winning majors at 17. With your comment maybe you did??
You and others claimed hyped him up to be the next big thing.

MVG smashed Adams to win the BDO Masters when he was 17. Bennett hasn't done anything remotely as impressive as that. Heck he hasn't even won a tour card and was beaten in the juniors at Ally Pally.
He may well be the next big thing. I can’t think of any darts player at such a young age who was hyped as much. I don’t really know much about MVG at the same age tbh. The fact he hasn’t won a tour card yet will probably help in the long run.

What exactly were your expectations of him as a 17 year old?
Well if Bennett was the child prodigy that MVG at 17 you'd expect him to at least have won the juniors worlds and made more of a splash on the development/youth tour.

If a 17 year old MVG was active in today's game he certainly would have achieved a lot more by now.
Well that stands to reason as MVG is one of the best players to ever pick up a dart, but Bennett did win the BDO world youth title at age 13 no mean feat.
I still think it’s unfair to say Bennet hasn’t kicked on when he is 17 years old, maybe if he is at a similar level in 5 years time then fair enough.
‘Vote for HJ, it doesn’t make sense but I’m still better than all the mainstream parties’

User avatar
HalloweenJack
Posts: 11147
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Random Dart Stuff

Post by HalloweenJack » Thu May 25, 2023 7:58 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:46 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:41 pm Edit- I would say qualifying for the BDO worlds at just turned 15? Is a pretty decent achievement.
The BDO was a shambles in 2019.
Maybe, but come on no one can’t say it wasn’t a decent effort that he qualified for the event. He came up against your mate who was one of the top players in the BDO back then so it was unlikely he was going to progress.
‘Vote for HJ, it doesn’t make sense but I’m still better than all the mainstream parties’

User avatar
HalloweenJack
Posts: 11147
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Random Dart Stuff

Post by HalloweenJack » Thu May 25, 2023 7:59 pm

The real ssjsa wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:48 pm
sennafan24 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:45 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:41 pm
sennafan24 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:36 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:27 pm So you’ve not actually answered the question. I stand by what I said but didn’t put a timescale on it. Put it this way, I didn’t expect him to be winning majors at 17. With your comment maybe you did??
You and others claimed hyped him up to be the next big thing.

MVG smashed Adams to win the BDO Masters when he was 17. Bennett hasn't done anything remotely as impressive as that. Heck he hasn't even won a tour card and was beaten in the juniors at Ally Pally.
He may well be the next big thing. I can’t think of any darts player at such a young age who was hyped as much. I don’t really know much about MVG at the same age tbh. The fact he hasn’t won a tour card yet will probably help in the long run.

What exactly were your expectations of him as a 17 year old?
Well if Bennett was the child prodigy that MVG at 17 you'd expect him to at least have won the juniors worlds and made more of a splash on the development/youth tour.

If a 17 year old MVG was active in today's game he certainly would have achieved a lot more by now.
He may well have done, but the standard of 17 year old darts players is way ahead of the standard in 2006 when MVG was 17.
This.
‘Vote for HJ, it doesn’t make sense but I’m still better than all the mainstream parties’

User avatar
sennafan24
Moderator
Posts: 27456
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Random Dart Stuff

Post by sennafan24 » Thu May 25, 2023 8:03 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:56 pm Well that stands to reason as MVG is one of the best players to ever pick up a dart, but Bennett did win the BDO world youth title at age 13 no mean feat.
I still think it’s unfair to say Bennet hasn’t kicked on when he is 17 years old, maybe if he is at a similar level in 5 years time then fair enough.
You keep listing stuff he did 2-3 years ago.

Again, he hasn't done much of note the past two years.
BeppeBergomi wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:08 pm He DOES NOT deserves the win!!!!!

This bastard is an unsporting son of a bitch!!!!

Never mind Gary, for the real sportsmen you have won this!!!!!

User avatar
sennafan24
Moderator
Posts: 27456
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Random Dart Stuff

Post by sennafan24 » Thu May 25, 2023 8:08 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:59 pm This.
You are aware that someone younger than Bennett is currently tops the DT OOM when he languishes in 18th right - https://www.dartsrankings.com/developmenttour

There are also players above him in the DT OOM who are only a few years older than him.

Really, he's just one youth prospect among many now, and not even the most promising on paper.
BeppeBergomi wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:08 pm He DOES NOT deserves the win!!!!!

This bastard is an unsporting son of a bitch!!!!

Never mind Gary, for the real sportsmen you have won this!!!!!

User avatar
sennafan24
Moderator
Posts: 27456
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Random Dart Stuff

Post by sennafan24 » Thu May 25, 2023 8:11 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:58 pm
sennafan24 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:46 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:41 pm Edit- I would say qualifying for the BDO worlds at just turned 15? Is a pretty decent achievement.
The BDO was a shambles in 2019.
Maybe, but come on no one can’t say it wasn’t a decent effort that he qualified for the event. He came up against your mate who was one of the top players in the BDO back then so it was unlikely he was going to progress.
Mitchell's true level has been established since then.
BeppeBergomi wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:08 pm He DOES NOT deserves the win!!!!!

This bastard is an unsporting son of a bitch!!!!

Never mind Gary, for the real sportsmen you have won this!!!!!

User avatar
The real ssjsa
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu May 11, 2023 7:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Random Dart Stuff

Post by The real ssjsa » Thu May 25, 2023 8:15 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:51 pm
The real ssjsa wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:48 pm He may well have done, but the standard of 17 year old darts players is way ahead of the standard in 2006 when MVG was 17.
Again, MVG beat prime versions of a 17 year old Fitton, Adams, and Webster.

Is Bennett doing anything remotely as impressive?

Again, Bennett was hyped a few years ago to be a teenage prodigy, comparable to a young MVG. So far he's fallen short of those expectations, even if they were very optimistic in the first place.
Taking the first point as a typo as Fitton, Adams and Webster were not 17 years old, but those three examples in 2006 are nowhere near in the same league as probably the current Top 64 of the PDC.

That being said, I agree with you that Bennett's career thus far has fallen below the expectations of the darting community, but in all fairness he still has plenty of time to make his mark and personally I think with the right attitude and guidance he will become an exceptional darts player and have a great career in the PDC.
Image

User avatar
sennafan24
Moderator
Posts: 27456
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Random Dart Stuff

Post by sennafan24 » Thu May 25, 2023 8:22 pm

The real ssjsa wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:15 pm Taking the first point as a typo as Fitton, Adams and Webster were not 17 years old, but those three examples in 2006 are nowhere near in the same league as probably the current Top 64 of the PDC.

That being said, I agree with you that Bennett's career thus far has fallen below the expectations of the darting community, but in all fairness he still has plenty of time to make his mark and personally I think with the right attitude and guidance he will become an exceptional darts player and have a great career in the PDC.
Yes, it was a typo. Now corrected.

C'mon now, Adams in 2006 would be in the PDC's top 64 today. And this comes from someone who considers Adams to be overrated. Adams in 2006 was not an inferior player to to the 2023 versions of Menzies, Jeff Smith, etc.

As for your second paragraph, the same could be stated about numerous other youths. For example, a lad younger than Bennett beat him recently at both the Welsh Classic and Welsh Open, and isn't that far behind him in the DT OOM. Then there is Littler, who tops the DT OOM, and again is younger than Bennett.
BeppeBergomi wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:08 pm He DOES NOT deserves the win!!!!!

This bastard is an unsporting son of a bitch!!!!

Never mind Gary, for the real sportsmen you have won this!!!!!

User avatar
tungsten tossers
Posts: 108482
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:09 pm
Location: Surrey
Contact:

Re: Random Dart Stuff

Post by tungsten tossers » Thu May 25, 2023 8:24 pm

The real ssjsa wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:15 pm
sennafan24 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:51 pm
The real ssjsa wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:48 pm He may well have done, but the standard of 17 year old darts players is way ahead of the standard in 2006 when MVG was 17.
Again, MVG beat prime versions of a 17 year old Fitton, Adams, and Webster.

Is Bennett doing anything remotely as impressive?

Again, Bennett was hyped a few years ago to be a teenage prodigy, comparable to a young MVG. So far he's fallen short of those expectations, even if they were very optimistic in the first place.
Taking the first point as a typo as Fitton, Adams and Webster were not 17 years old, but those three examples in 2006 are nowhere near in the same league as probably the current Top 64 of the PDC.

That being said, I agree with you that Bennett's career thus far has fallen below the expectations of the darting community, but in all fairness he still has plenty of time to make his mark and personally I think with the right attitude and guidance he will become an exceptional darts player and have a great career in the PDC.
The same was said about JvT and he did nothing after winning the Youth...
It depends how well they deal with all the hype, I suppose

User avatar
The real ssjsa
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu May 11, 2023 7:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Random Dart Stuff

Post by The real ssjsa » Thu May 25, 2023 8:28 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:22 pm
The real ssjsa wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:15 pm Taking the first point as a typo as Fitton, Adams and Webster were not 17 years old, but those three examples in 2006 are nowhere near in the same league as probably the current Top 64 of the PDC.

That being said, I agree with you that Bennett's career thus far has fallen below the expectations of the darting community, but in all fairness he still has plenty of time to make his mark and personally I think with the right attitude and guidance he will become an exceptional darts player and have a great career in the PDC.
Yes, it was a typo. Now corrected.

C'mon now, Adams in 2006 would be in the PDC's top 64 today. And this comes from someone who considers Adams to be overrated. Adams in 2006 was not an inferior player to to the 2023 versions of Menzies, Jeff Smith, etc.

As for your second paragraph, the same could be stated about numerous other youths. For example, a lad younger than Bennett beat him recently at both the Welsh Classic and Welsh Open, and isn't that far behind him in the DT OOM. Then there is Littler, who tops the DT OOM, and again is younger than Bennett.
I don't disagree with your viewpoint, Littler is an awesome talent, as are a number of other Development Tour players, many of which I expect to be Top 64 PDC players of the future. It just so happens that on a personal basis, I think Bennett will also do very well going forward. The future is bright for the youngsters coming through over the next 5 years.
Image

User avatar
Smithy1412
Posts: 1580
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:35 pm
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: Random Dart Stuff

Post by Smithy1412 » Thu May 25, 2023 8:33 pm

Adams and Fitton could play very well on their day, no way were Jeff Smith and the like better than them. Can't compare eras anyways. Bennett is overrated and he's not what he's cracked up to be for me. Toon Greebe was meant to be a future world champion, look what happened to him. All the media coverage today makes things seem better than they actually are, Bennett is no different to someone like Mark Day, once another promising teenage player,
"Don't feed the troll"

User avatar
HalloweenJack
Posts: 11147
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Random Dart Stuff

Post by HalloweenJack » Thu May 25, 2023 9:09 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:11 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:58 pm
sennafan24 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:46 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:41 pm Edit- I would say qualifying for the BDO worlds at just turned 15? Is a pretty decent achievement.
The BDO was a shambles in 2019.
Maybe, but come on no one can’t say it wasn’t a decent effort that he qualified for the event. He came up against your mate who was one of the top players in the BDO back then so it was unlikely he was going to progress.
Mitchell's true level has been established since then.
Oh come on Senna that’s a poor reply mate. You know as well as me that the post was in relation to Mitchell back then when he beat a child in a darts match.
‘Vote for HJ, it doesn’t make sense but I’m still better than all the mainstream parties’

oche balboa
Posts: 10164
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Random Dart Stuff

Post by oche balboa » Thu May 25, 2023 11:26 pm

Bennett was at the Welsh Open but only played in the youth events
"Bristow is a only a Tale" - Rogg, 2023.

Kids nowadays

oche balboa
Posts: 10164
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Random Dart Stuff

Post by oche balboa » Thu May 25, 2023 11:28 pm

The real ssjsa wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:15 pm
sennafan24 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:51 pm
The real ssjsa wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:48 pm He may well have done, but the standard of 17 year old darts players is way ahead of the standard in 2006 when MVG was 17.
Again, MVG beat prime versions of a 17 year old Fitton, Adams, and Webster.

Is Bennett doing anything remotely as impressive?

Again, Bennett was hyped a few years ago to be a teenage prodigy, comparable to a young MVG. So far he's fallen short of those expectations, even if they were very optimistic in the first place.
Taking the first point as a typo as Fitton, Adams and Webster were not 17 years old, but those three examples in 2006 are nowhere near in the same league as probably the current Top 64 of the PDC.

That being said, I agree with you that Bennett's career thus far has fallen below the expectations of the darting community, but in all fairness he still has plenty of time to make his mark and personally I think with the right attitude and guidance he will become an exceptional darts player and have a great career in the PDC.
That's laughable. Adams in 2006 got to the Cross Code final where he lost to Taylor. Fitton got far and Webster was a rising star.
"Bristow is a only a Tale" - Rogg, 2023.

Kids nowadays

User avatar
sennafan24
Moderator
Posts: 27456
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Random Dart Stuff

Post by sennafan24 » Fri May 26, 2023 6:17 am

oche balboa wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:26 pm Bennett was at the Welsh Open but only played in the youth events
In which he lost to a kid younger than him.
BeppeBergomi wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:08 pm He DOES NOT deserves the win!!!!!

This bastard is an unsporting son of a bitch!!!!

Never mind Gary, for the real sportsmen you have won this!!!!!

Post Reply
Users browsing this forum: ChrisW, Dfc180, Emulsfier, Semrush [Bot], shenmue, thegentle and 73 guests