Shaft rings

Post by The Thorn » Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:39 pm

Anyone tried them? Are they worth it?

► Show Spoiler
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

vizIIsto

Re: Shaft rings

Post by vizIIsto » Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:47 pm

The Thorn wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:39 pm Anyone tried them? Are they worth it?

► Show Spoiler
Is yours that small?

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:51 pm

vizIIsto wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:47 pm
The Thorn wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:39 pm Anyone tried them? Are they worth it?

► Show Spoiler
Is yours that small?
Not that small. I typically play with intermediate or medium shafts

Suspect Device

Post by Suspect Device » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:11 pm

This thread will do...
Took a drive to a darts shop today. Nowhere near the size of the St Helen's shop but good enough for darts accessories. Small and compact is a fair way to describe the inside. The shop seemed to have everything except something quite important when it comes to face to face customer service. It was non existent meaning we left the shop much earlier than planned and I scored the overall experience and service zero. 0/10. To score zero takes some doing and unsurprisingly we won't be going back let alone making any sort of recommendation. I know who had more enthusiasm but not sure who had more darts knowledge, the staff or the mongs at pdc darts events?

FTR, I purchased a flight punch, size 10x flights to try (smaller than normal standard ones,) stems / shafts and those ringy things pictured in OP. Weighed my darts there, 2 darts were 25+, 2 darts were 24+. The 3rd dart in each set had a point broken at the end of the barrel. Before I'd scored the visit I asked about the cost of removing and replacing the darts with new points.

I kid you not, he replied it takes 8 hours with the solution in the bowl to dissolve the point which would cost £200. He justified 8 hours work as he had to keep topping the bowl up ffs.

I was being polite and making conversation having already told him I knew the method required. St Helen's shop charged £3 for replacing old points with new. Daren't ask his price.
Friday 19th May 2023 - Finally free of the bull shitting no mark of a dart player. :roll:

Suspect team: CT1 Filip Sebesta - Greg Ritchie - Jeroen Mioch - CT2 Sean Fisher - Charlie Martin - CT3 Owen Bates - CT4 Thibault Tricole

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:42 pm

Suspect Device wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:11 pm This thread will do...
Took a drive to a darts shop today. Nowhere near the size of the St Helen's shop but good enough for darts accessories. Small and compact is a fair way to describe the inside. The shop seemed to have everything except something quite important when it comes to face to face customer service. It was non existent meaning we left the shop much earlier than planned and I scored the overall experience and service zero. 0/10. To score zero takes some doing and unsurprisingly we won't be going back let alone making any sort of recommendation. I know who had more enthusiasm but not sure who had more darts knowledge, the staff or the mongs at pdc darts events?

FTR, I purchased a flight punch, size 10x flights to try (smaller than normal standard ones,) stems / shafts and those ringy things pictured in OP. Weighed my darts there, 2 darts were 25+, 2 darts were 24+. The 3rd dart in each set had a point broken at the end of the barrel. Before I'd scored the visit I asked about the cost of removing and replacing the darts with new points.

I kid you not, he replied it takes 8 hours with the solution in the bowl to dissolve the point which would cost £200. He justified 8 hours work as he had to keep topping the bowl up ffs.

I was being polite and making conversation having already told him I knew the method required. St Helen's shop charged £3 for replacing old points with new. Daren't ask his price.
I used to have my own darts business at the indoor market in Blunsdon, Was only open Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday but I done more than enough trade to pay the bills and believe it or not...Repointing darts paid for my rent on its own, I would repoint over 30 sets a week most weeks, Had 2 practice boards up and a set of barrels of every dart I had in stock for customers to try.

Repointing unless the point was snapped off at the barrel would take 2-3 mins with the repointer I had unless I had to remove a broken point from a barrel then I would charge an extra £5 for each one, I charged £3 plus the sale price of the points to repoint darts, I even had Ronnie Baxter come to see me there a couple of times.

I honestly don't know how even in todays world someone would dare ask for £200 to remove a snapped point from a barrel....Its a 5-10 min job if you know what you are doing.

You could have taken a drive to my local and I would have repointed your darts for you...Then give you a pasting on the board. :D

Ross, Bob

Post by Ross, Bob » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:45 pm

daveboygreen wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:42 pm

I used to have my own darts business at the indoor market in Blunsdon, Was only open Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday but I done more than enough trade to pay the bills and believe it or not...Repointing darts paid for my rent on its own, I would repoint over 30 sets a week most weeks, Had 2 practice boards up and a set of barrels of every dart I had in stock for customers to try.

Repointing unless the point was snapped off at the barrel would take 2-3 mins with the repointer I had unless I had to remove a broken point from a barrel then I would charge an extra £5 for each one, I charged £3 plus the sale price of the points to repoint darts, I even had Ronnie Baxter come to see me there a couple of times.

I honestly don't know how even in todays world someone would dare ask for £200 to remove a snapped point from a barrel....Its a 5-10 min job if you know what you are doing.

You could have taken a drive to my local and I would have repointed your darts for you...Then give you a pasting on the board. :D
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand: fuck off.

Suspect Device

Post by Suspect Device » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:02 pm

Love you Bob 😂 😂 😂

Dave, I don't even know where those broken darts are. Currently using 2x25g darts and a 24g dart. I persevere with darts that seem ok. Why change anything to increase my 60+ running average 😀
Friday 19th May 2023 - Finally free of the bull shitting no mark of a dart player. :roll:

Suspect team: CT1 Filip Sebesta - Greg Ritchie - Jeroen Mioch - CT2 Sean Fisher - Charlie Martin - CT3 Owen Bates - CT4 Thibault Tricole

Cooking with Sanchez

Post by Cooking with Sanchez » Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:04 pm

Doesn’t post for ages and when DBG remembers the password he jumps all over it, and with a Mitty too, lovely stuff.
The Thorn wrote: Be honest Malt sometimes women deserve a slap or 2.

Dfc180

Post by Dfc180 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:42 am

Do you use rings and the tips for a flight Dave? As I have always found it affects the way my darts fly.

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:25 am

Dfc180 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:42 am

Do you use rings and the tips for a flight Dave? As I have always found it affects the way my darts fly.
For over 20 years I have used Alamo stems which are really grippy so no need for rings and also use alloy flight protectors.

jimhope

Post by jimhope » Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:44 pm

I used to play with them nowadays i play with the nitro tech stems (small) from Red Dragon darts

Ross, Bob

Post by Ross, Bob » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:08 pm

daveboygreen wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:25 am
Dfc180 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:42 am

For over 20 years I have used Alamo stems which are really grippy so no need for rings and also use alloy flight protectors.
Fuck off cunt.

And apologies for the late reply.

But fuck off.

Suspect Device

Post by Suspect Device » Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:08 am

Hahahahaha ^ ^ ^

That flight punch I bought is fucked. Punched holes in 50 odd flights and it's broke. Can't be arsed to email the shop. Maybe contact Harrows and tell them how shit their product is.

dartsdirect81

Post by dartsdirect81 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:45 pm

I've always found that shaft rings don't help at all personally.

dartsdirect81

Post by dartsdirect81 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:51 pm

Hi all anyways. I came across this place by googling up darts forums, I never realized there was any but clearly there is lol

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:53 pm

First post in shaft rings thread

Nice

Welcome aboard

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:54 pm

dartsdirect81 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:51 pm Hi all anyways. I came across this place by googling up darts forums, I never realized there was any but clearly there is lol
Visit the Introduce yourself thread in discuss the site