The Brown Bread thread

General day to day stuff
Rogg

Re: The Brown Bread thread

Post by Rogg » Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:36 am

Jimmi wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:12 am
Randall wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:11 amNope
You’ve probably seen the films.

The best portrayal of Michael Myers has been debated for years by horror fans.
But he is one of the best.
I am very ignorant but I didn't realise there was so much to portray. Does the character ever take his mask off? I don't think I've ever seen a whole Halloween film.
not a girl

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:01 am

Rogg wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:36 am

I am very ignorant but I didn't realise there was so much to portray. Does the character ever take his mask off? I don't think I've ever seen a whole Halloween film.
He does in the very first one and Rob Zombie’s Halloween II, but most people don’t give a shit about that one.

All the others where he takes his mask off, his face is partially obscured.
Although now that I think about it, you might actually see his face in the very latest film?

It’s more about the movements and actions that the stuntmen/actors conduct whilst they’re portraying him.

To most casual fans it isn’t really an issue but to the hardcore fans, they’ll usually say Wilbur was one of the best ones.
“I don’t want you lumbering me with some old bow-wow who don’t know the difference between a Liebfraumilk and a can of Tizer!“

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:06 pm

Jimmi wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:01 am

He does in the very first one and Rob Zombie’s Halloween II, but most people don’t give a shit about that one.

Although now that I think about it, you might actually see his face in the very latest film?

It’s more about the movements and actions that the stuntmen/actors conduct whilst they’re portraying him.

To most casual fans it isn’t really an issue but to the hardcore fans, they’ll usually say Wilbur was one of the best ones.
Interesting about the mask situation. On reflection as a Doctor Who wanker I should have known better really as I've seen millions of monsters in masks etc. and of course it is all about using the body.

I remember one piece of what I think was a Halloween film. There's a white sheet on a washing line. Someone gets ruined and their blood splatters all over the sheet.
not a girl

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:08 pm

Rogg wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:06 pm

Interesting about the mask situation. On reflection as a Doctor Who wanker I should have known better really as I've seen millions of monsters in masks etc. and of course it is all about using the body.

I remember one piece of what I think was a Halloween film. There's a white sheet on a washing line. Someone gets ruined and their blood splatters all over the sheet.
When you do a deep dive both of these things clearly matter to the hardcore set of both fans. :D

And ironically, that’s from Halloween 6, the second film that Wilbur played the role of Michael.
“I don’t want you lumbering me with some old bow-wow who don’t know the difference between a Liebfraumilk and a can of Tizer!“

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:06 pm

Jimmi wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:08 pm

When you do a deep dive both of these things clearly matter to the hardcore set of both fans. :D

And ironically, that’s from Halloween 6, the second film that Wilbur played the role of Michael.
Oh cool, I have seen a bit of him then.

It's nice to acknowledge the people in the costumes and the masks. In the Doctor Who I like there are horror stories about the monster costumes that weighed a ton and basically cooked the actors from the inside. Not an easy role.
not a girl

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:10 pm

Rogg wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:06 pm

It's nice to acknowledge the people in the costumes and the masks. In the Doctor Who I like there are horror stories about the monster costumes that weighed a ton and basically cooked the actors from the inside. Not an easy role.
Do they use CGI in Doctor Who?
I can imagine that back in the day especially, and as you mentioned, the actors must have hated constantly being in the costumes.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:31 pm

Jimmi wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:10 pm

I can imagine that back in the day especially, and as you mentioned, the actors must have hated constantly being in the costumes.
Anything goes in the new show but yeah the old one was rough. Effectively they were just making stage plays but with cameras around to record them.

These are the original cyberman costumes. Just walking in one of these was a problem but retaining consciousness was a bigger one, genuinely :) they did faint and once you were down you couldn't get up without assistance. The roasting studio lights and the heavy old materials.

not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:47 pm

Amazing costumes though, really creepy. Worth sacrificing a few actors imo.
not a girl

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:29 pm

Rogg wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:31 pm
Jimmi wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:10 pm

Anything goes in the new show but yeah the old one was rough. Effectively they were just making stage plays but with cameras around to record them.

These are the original cyberman costumes. Just walking in one of these was a problem but retaining consciousness was a bigger one, genuinely :) they did faint and once you were down you couldn't get up without assistance. The roasting studio lights and the heavy old materials.

Imagine if that was the same process now.
Are they from the 60’s? The Cybermen?
A completely different time to now if so.

And have you ever seen “Alien”?
It’s just one massive tall dude playing the creature, so that must have been a bastard for him to film his parts.

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:29 pm

Rogg wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:47 pm Amazing costumes though, really creepy. Worth sacrificing a few actors imo.
:lol:

A bit like The Wizard of Oz?

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:40 pm

Jimmi wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:29 pm Imagine if that was the same process now.

It’s just one massive tall dude playing the creature, so that must have been a bastard for him to film his parts.
I watched Alien for the first time a couple of months ago. Easy not to think that there is a human physically doing it.

and yes this was first cybermen story, 1966: The Tenth Planet. Guessing they are not even recognisable as the cybermen that people generally know about today.

I think mass lawsuits now, yes. I found a pic of a fallen one, poor sausage:

not a girl

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:59 pm

Rogg wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:40 pm
Jimmi wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:29 pm Imagine if that was the same process now.

I watched Alien for the first time a couple of months ago. Easy not to think that there is a human physically doing it.

and yes this was first cybermen story, 1966: The Tenth Planet. Guessing they are not even recognisable as the cybermen that people generally know about today.

I think mass lawsuits now, yes. I found a pic of a fallen one, poor sausage:

I thought the exact same thing about Alien till I read it was a 7ft dude in a costume.
Ridley Scott is a genius! :)

Oh dear :lol:
He clearly wasn’t having a good day on set.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:35 pm

Went to the scene of last week's suicide today
Surreal experience

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:16 pm

Billy Thomson, 64, Scottish goalkeeper for St Mirren, Dundee Utd, Dundee and Motherwell

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:19 pm

Robert Key, 78, Ex Tory MP for Salisbury and Minister for Sport under John Major

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:35 pm

Nope

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:19 pm

tungsten tossers wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:19 pm Robert Key, 78, Ex Tory MP for Salisbury and Minister for Sport under John Major
“The only good Tory is a dead Tory”

Ross, Bob

Post by Ross, Bob » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:37 pm

A few kebab growers.

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:50 am

Charlie Norris, 59, American PWA wrestler

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:53 am

Phil Spalding, 65, bass player for GTR, Toyah and Mike Oldfield