2022 Greatest Show on Earth

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
thegentle

Re: 2022 Greatest Show on Earth

Post by thegentle » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:19 pm

If they can get an event on in Spain, I reckon there's a good chance they can get one on in at least some of the following: Benelux, Austria, Ireland and Eastern Europe. I get that they're all going to be jobbers that couldn't qualify 'properly', but I'd much rather there be jobbers from these parts than your standard British and Dutch jobbers that would inevitably get through if they just did a PDPA qualifier

Safc

Post by Safc » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:25 pm

thegentle wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:19 pm

If they can get an event on in Spain, I reckon there's a good chance they can get one on in at least some of the following: Benelux, Austria, Ireland and Eastern Europe. I get that they're all going to be jobbers that couldn't qualify 'properly', but I'd much rather there be jobbers from these parts than your standard British and Dutch jobbers that would inevitably get through if they just did a PDPA qualifier
Good news

JDZ and Klaasen will be praying for a West Europe one

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:35 pm

Safc wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:25 pm

Good news

It'll be someone like Zonneveld or Nentjes who qualifies I reckon lol

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:39 pm

Jobbertastic news
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

DeepFriedRat

Post by DeepFriedRat » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:19 pm

thegentle wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:35 pm

Good news

Zonneveld a guarantee imo. Maybe Dick Veins on a good day for him.

Still think there'll be at least 3 spots at the PDPA though which isn't a bad thing if the right players come through it-

Hendo, Waites, West or Sedlacek would be acceptable for most I reckon. Course I'll be rooting for Biscuit and Gilding.

We'll end up getting stuck with finger licking Hammercunt, Edgar Tv and Meikle ffs

Barney's chief slave. Also severely addicted to The Ferret.

An ultimate jamboree of Lord Hobo-loving, Sexy Joyce worshipping, Smudger smearing, Goldfingering, Beautiful Biscuit bonanza.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:45 pm

PDPA are cunts

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:55 pm

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:57 pm

DeepFriedRat wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:19 pm

Good news

Still think there'll be at least 3 spots at the PDPA though which isn't a bad thing if the right players come through it-

Hendo, Waites, West or Sedlacek would be acceptable for most I reckon. Course I'll be rooting for Biscuit and Gilding.

We'll end up getting stuck with finger licking Hammercunt, Edgar Tv and Meikle ffs
I think Zonneveld is already there cos of the development tour, so won't need to bother with the one in Spain

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:58 pm

The Thorn wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:55 pm
Buzzing

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:46 pm

TheMalteseDart wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:57 pm

Good news

I think Zonneveld is already there cos of the development tour, so won't need to bother with the one in Spain
Good spot, Zonneveld is provisionally in the Worlds through the Development Tour at the moment as the runaway European leader is Rusty-Jake who is currently in the ProTour qualifying spots. Things can change quickly though, he doesn't have nearly the same margin as RJR Jr!

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:55 pm

Good news

I wouldn't mind seeing Veenstra qualify, and on current form he's as likely as the likes of Klaasen and JdZ, maybe more so. You might be right about the PDPA qualifiers, they weren't too bad last year (Teehan, Lewis, Edgar, Kenny from the UK qualifier, the latter three who won their first round game, and Zonneveld and Sedlacek from the European one, who didn't win their games, but on paper were certainly among the best two not to make it initially), although I'd still like to see all the qualifiers go ahead. The Eastern European one looks potentially very interesting, Krcmar will probably not need to go, but Kciuk is on the fringes, and the two Czechs Sedlacek and Gawlas aren't currently qualified neither, plus the decent non-TC holders in the region

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:57 pm

TheMalteseDart wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:58 pm
Buzzing
Tbf I'm happy enough with those two, I'm a fan of Razma, he is more than capable on his day, and Larsson is better than Kantele at least

Safc

Post by Safc » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:58 pm

thegentle wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:57 pm
Buzzing
Tbf I'm happy enough with those two, I'm a fan of Razma, he is more than capable on his day, and Larsson is better than Kantele at least
This

Best 2 qualifiers possible

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:14 pm

Yeah I guess they are not totally useless jobbers

DeepFriedRat

Post by DeepFriedRat » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:37 pm

Safc wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:58 pm
Buzzing
This

I agree. Only thing is, if Razma ends up in the ProTour spots (only 1.5k ish outside with 7 PCs to go), we've got a clear as mud scenario.

Would be either 33rd ProTour getting bumped up to 32nd (currently Black Lives Mathers) and Razma takes an international spot he's got right now (like Schindler scenario in the Super League)...

OR
Razma could jump into the ProTour 32 and 3rd PDCNB takes his international spot, to go along with Larsson, which is...Kantele ffs :?

Same musical chairs could happen if Jeff Smith or Matt Campbell win the CDC tour in 2 weeks time. Smith is travelling to the PC events I think so this makes it unlikely. But if he wins CDC tour, then Smith could downgrade to international, as per Schindler, and 33rd on the ProTour list (BLM) bumps up to 32nd.

OR
Smith stays ProTour and it carries over to next highest not already qualified on CDC, Dave Cameron (hahaha).

More nonsense if Campbell wins CDC. He could take the CDC or Euro Challenge Tour spot, meaning Steven Noster (CT runner up) or next best CDC, Dave Cameron again, could make it.

Cluster fuck. Hope this makes sense.

Barney's chief slave. Also severely addicted to The Ferret.

An ultimate jamboree of Lord Hobo-loving, Sexy Joyce worshipping, Smudger smearing, Goldfingering, Beautiful Biscuit bonanza.

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:20 am

I know they’ll all be shite jobbers etc, but this is pretty cool, will be good to have another nationality represent South America, never know there might be a gem from Panama who’s just been playing in his bedroom this whole time

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:27 am

Anyone but Portela is a win

Greipel

Post by Greipel » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:24 am

Oh come on, that fucking boring Larsson again. :roll:

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:25 am

DeepFriedRat wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:37 pm
Safc wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:58 pm
Buzzing
This

I agree. Only thing is, if Razma ends up in the ProTour spots (only 1.5k ish outside with 7 PCs to go), we've got a clear as mud scenario.

Would be either 33rd ProTour getting bumped up to 32nd (currently Black Lives Mathers) and Razma takes an international spot he's got right now (like Schindler scenario in the Super League)...

OR
Razma could jump into the ProTour 32 and 3rd PDCNB takes his international spot, to go along with Larsson, which is...Kantele ffs :?

Same musical chairs could happen if Jeff Smith or Matt Campbell win the CDC tour in 2 weeks time. Smith is travelling to the PC events I think so this makes it unlikely. But if he wins CDC tour, then Smith could downgrade to international, as per Schindler, and 33rd on the ProTour list (BLM) bumps up to 32nd.

OR
Smith stays ProTour and it carries over to next highest not already qualified on CDC, Dave Cameron (hahaha).

More nonsense if Campbell wins CDC. He could take the CDC or Euro Challenge Tour spot, meaning Steven Noster (CT runner up) or next best CDC, Dave Cameron again, could make it.

Cluster fuck. Hope this makes sense.
I *think* (but I'm not sure) that Razma has qualified via the PDC NB even if he makes it via the ProTour, but I'm not certain, I think I saw something from Jetze Jan Idsardi the other day saying that regional tours and qualifiers (and even the World Youth Championship strangely enough) take preference this year. However, the PDCNB haven't actually announced their qualifiers yet despite their season being over, so that might be a sign that the above isn't the case and that there's hope for Kantele yet?

I'm pretty sure that Matt Campbell will be deemed to have qualified via Canada if he tops their OoM, although again I'm not certain (and of course seeing as he's already qualified, there's no need for him to actually turn up)

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:26 am

The Thorn wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:27 am Anyone but Portela is a win
It's going to happen eventually tbf, although naturally you'd be expecting the worst from a Central/South American qualifier who isn't Portela lol