The woes of the Covidiot Glen Dullard

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Randall
Site Admin

Re: The woes of the Covidiot Glen Dullard

Post by Randall » Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:45 pm

Ouch

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:03 pm

Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

ILAD

Post by ILAD » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:05 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:03 pm
Pussy, should just hand his card in now.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:06 pm

Hope he apologised to his opponent earlier.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

DeepFriedRat

Post by DeepFriedRat » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:07 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:03 pm
This is starting to piss me off. He's made hundreds of thousands in his career and you're telling him to "stay strong".

You say that to the terminally ill and people with genuine tragedies, not a man who can't throw a dart accurately ffs.

Typical Phil Barrs slurping but if Wesley Harms' kid is born months early with a real risk of disease, you moan like a cunt that he can't play. Get the priorities right.

Barney's chief slave. Also severely addicted to The Ferret.

An ultimate jamboree of Lord Hobo-loving, Sexy Joyce worshipping, Smudger smearing, Goldfingering, Beautiful Biscuit bonanza.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:10 pm

How is fucking it off staying strong?
Ffs

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:39 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:06 pm Hope he apologised to his opponent earlier.
No one would ever need to apologise to me for giving me a free pass to £500, i'd be thanking them

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:42 pm

Durrant's dip in form to such an extreme level so quickly surely can't still be considered to be down to confidence or something suddenly wrong in the technique, if his technique was off you'd expect him to be in the form that say Devon Petersen has been in for the last couple of months.. not averages that would struggle to pick up wins in superleague.

This is a deeper issue where his brain isn't doing what his body wants it to do, don't think 'confidence' comes into it at this point personally

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:45 pm

Thick bastard, someone tell him 🤣

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:47 pm

What a tool

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:58 pm

Make it Q School 2023
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:59 pm

TheMalteseDart wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:42 pm Durrant's dip in form to such an extreme level so quickly surely can't still be considered to be down to confidence or something suddenly wrong in the technique, if his technique was off you'd expect him to be in the form that say Devon Petersen has been in for the last couple of months.. not averages that would struggle to pick up wins in superleague.

This is a deeper issue where his brain isn't doing what his body wants it to do, don't think 'confidence' comes into it at this point personally
Long Covid? Or some sort of dartitis thing? I remember seeing some people say they reckoned he had dartitis as early as the Worlds

PT13

Post by PT13 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:05 pm

Pulling out of the next 2 Pro Tours, after the way he quit a match earlier, is so pathetic. If he had played tomorrow, he'd have had a chance to put today's "No Mas" episode to bed quickly. Instead, he seems full of self pity, even when he's playing now as well.

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:15 pm

Did anyone stop to think that he could have perhaps caused himself some sort of injury....Given that he has said he has been practicing a lot and putting work into getting the mechanics of his throw right and I know from experience when you do try to change things with your throw and the mechanics it is very easy to cause yourself injury especially when practicing for long periods.

PT13

Post by PT13 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:15 pm

TheMalteseDart wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:42 pm Durrant's dip in form to such an extreme level so quickly surely can't still be considered to be down to confidence or something suddenly wrong in the technique
It is the technique and complete lack of confidence. Did you see his throwing release lately? It's nothing like he was throwing when he was playing his best or playing well. It's not even anything like it was this past July at the World Matchplay, when he was reliably an 80s average man at least.
TheMalteseDart wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:42 pmif his technique was off you'd expect him to be in the form that say Devon Petersen has been in for the last couple of months.. not averages that would struggle to pick up wins in superleague.
Eric Bristow in 1987 had a small period when he couldn't even release the first dart, almost falling over trying to release it. He briefly panicked, wondering what he'd do for a job, as he didn't have enough money to live on for the rest of his life. This from a guy who was 5-time world champion and had only recently been a dominant world number 1. Did he give up? No. He even got back to world number 1, and reached 3 more World Championship finals.
TheMalteseDart wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:42 pmThis is a deeper issue where his brain isn't doing what his body wants it to do, don't think 'confidence' comes into it at this point personally
It's more his body not doing what his brain wants him to do. That's dartitis, a mental block where the smoothness of throw has gone.

Dfc180

Post by Dfc180 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:23 pm

I presume he is sacking off the grand slam qualifier as well?

PT13

Post by PT13 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:27 pm

thegentle wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:59 pm Long Covid? Or some sort of dartitis thing? I remember seeing some people say they reckoned he had dartitis as early as the Worlds
Really? I can't say I noticed him having dartitis until the 2021 World Grand Prix, but he was obviously playing pretty poor since late last year. Having said that, his form in the last month has been much worse than anything before.

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:53 pm

daveboygreen wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:15 pm Did anyone stop to think that he could have perhaps caused himself some sort of injury....Given that he has said he has been practicing a lot and putting work into getting the mechanics of his throw right and I know from experience when you do try to change things with your throw and the mechanics it is very easy to cause yourself injury especially when practicing for long periods.
I agree with this
The Thorn wrote: ↑Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:39 pm
Rather top myself than watch 1 minute of this shite

Thorn about Modus Super Series in 2021 - He now is an avid fan

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:58 am

PT13 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:15 pm
TheMalteseDart wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:42 pm Durrant's dip in form to such an extreme level so quickly surely can't still be considered to be down to confidence or something suddenly wrong in the technique
It is the technique and complete lack of confidence. Did you see his throwing release lately? It's nothing like he was throwing when he was playing his best or playing well. It's not even anything like it was this past July at the World Matchplay, when he was reliably an 80s average man at least.
TheMalteseDart wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:42 pmif his technique was off you'd expect him to be in the form that say Devon Petersen has been in for the last couple of months.. not averages that would struggle to pick up wins in superleague.
Eric Bristow in 1987 had a small period when he couldn't even release the first dart, almost falling over trying to release it. He briefly panicked, wondering what he'd do for a job, as he didn't have enough money to live on for the rest of his life. This from a guy who was 5-time world champion and had only recently been a dominant world number 1. Did he give up? No. He even got back to world number 1, and reached 3 more World Championship finals.
TheMalteseDart wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:42 pmThis is a deeper issue where his brain isn't doing what his body wants it to do, don't think 'confidence' comes into it at this point personally
It's more his body not doing what his brain wants him to do. That's dartitis, a mental block where the smoothness of throw has gone.
There is one thing I have never really understood about Bristow.

He had apparently got rid of his dartitis altogether by the early 2000s and he wasn't too old at that point. Yet, he never returned to form. Did he just lack motivation and decide to make his coin coasting on exhibitions?
HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:25 am I will debate with anybody on here without becoming indignant and self righteous. I certainly never get angry.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:00 am

oche balboa wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:53 pm
daveboygreen wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:15 pm Did anyone stop to think that he could have perhaps caused himself some sort of injury....Given that he has said he has been practicing a lot and putting work into getting the mechanics of his throw right and I know from experience when you do try to change things with your throw and the mechanics it is very easy to cause yourself injury especially when practicing for long periods.
I agree with this
Of course you do . Anything to believe that he threw a strop and quit mid game :lol: