Will Leighton Bennet get it together?

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO

Will Leighton Bennett be successful in darts?

Yes
20%
No
26%
Don't care
13%
He's a wee shite
41%

Total votes: 46

sennafan24

Re: Will Leighton Bennet get it together?

Post by sennafan24 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:16 am

HalloweenJack wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:56 am I am not in any way suggesting he is whiter than white but he is only 14 and this isn’t aimed at any individual on here but for people that are personally abusing him online they need to take a long hard look at themselves.
I am sure everybody on here at 14 was the perfect individual. Randall made a comment about the youth of today and maybe he is right regarding some people. But we have people on the internet that are shocking and are saying and doing stuff they should be held to account for ( this isn’t aimed at any specific individual on here but a generalisation)
Who has personally abused him on here?

Keep in mind, your initial compliant was about this forum.
oche balboa wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:58 am Would be a cold day in hell before you two have a disagreement. I thought you was the same person. perhaps you are brothers

Who knows....

Who cares.....

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:19 am

sennafan24 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:47 am
HalloweenJack wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:39 am I wonder if Leighton reads this website? Is there an age limit for TDF ?
I think some people need to remember he is only 14 years old.
There is nothing wrong with pointing out that most darting prodigies fizzle out. The comments about his poor conduct on the oche are fair game as well.
Nothing wrong at all with your opinion and i never implied there wasn’t. As for his conduct, If he is just imitating Price, yes I can see how that might irritate people, but does he as a 14 year old deserve the abuse he is getting?
‘For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and everyone who humbles himself will be exalted’

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:20 am

Yes, as he chooses to play in adult tournaments.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:21 am

HalloweenJack wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:19 am Nothing wrong at all with your opinion and i never implied there wasn’t. As for his conduct, If he is just imitating Price, yes I can see how that might irritate people, but does he as a 14 year old deserve the abuse he is getting?
If people are sending him personal abuse on Twitter or Facebook, then no, he doesn't deserve it.
oche balboa wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:58 am Would be a cold day in hell before you two have a disagreement. I thought you was the same person. perhaps you are brothers

Who knows....

Who cares.....

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:23 am

sennafan24 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:16 am
HalloweenJack wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:56 am I am not in any way suggesting he is whiter than white but he is only 14 and this isn’t aimed at any individual on here but for people that are personally abusing him online they need to take a long hard look at themselves.
I am sure everybody on here at 14 was the perfect individual. Randall made a comment about the youth of today and maybe he is right regarding some people. But we have people on the internet that are shocking and are saying and doing stuff they should be held to account for ( this isn’t aimed at any specific individual on here but a generalisation)
Who has personally abused him on here?

Keep in mind, your initial compliant was about this forum.
Read what I have put. I haven’t suggested anybody on here has personally abused him. I have pointed out his age and I think people in general People should be aware of that. I haven’t said I think all what he does is great.
I will say one thing for him based on the interview in the video link. He comes across better than some dart players when interviewed.
‘For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and everyone who humbles himself will be exalted’

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:26 am

sennafan24 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:21 am
HalloweenJack wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:19 am Nothing wrong at all with your opinion and i never implied there wasn’t. As for his conduct, If he is just imitating Price, yes I can see how that might irritate people, but does he as a 14 year old deserve the abuse he is getting?
If people are sending him personal abuse on Twitter or Facebook, then no, he doesn't deserve it.
We agree then.

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:31 am

HalloweenJack wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:23 am Read what I have put. I haven’t suggested anybody on here has personally abused him. I have pointed out his age and I think people in general People should be aware of that. I haven’t said I think all what he does is great.
I will say one thing for him based on the interview in the video link. He comes across better than some dart players when interviewed.
This was your initial complaint:
HalloweenJack wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:39 am I wonder if Leighton reads this website? Is there an age limit for TDF ?
This implies that some of the comments in this thread were perhaps out of order, and we should consider that he may be reading here.

Who knows....

Who cares.....

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:32 am

If he is, then hello you little cunt. Stop being a little cunt, you cunt.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:40 am

sennafan24 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:31 am
HalloweenJack wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:23 am Read what I have put. I haven’t suggested anybody on here has personally abused him. I have pointed out his age and I think people in general People should be aware of that. I haven’t said I think all what he does is great.
This was your initial complaint:
This implies that some of the comments in this thread were perhaps out of order, and we should consider that he may be reading here.
It was a general question. He has clearly read social media and I wonder if he has come across this forum. It was also a genuine point about an age limit about this forum. I mean you can hardly call this website child friendly can you?
You have suggested I have complained? No I haven’t Ive merely made a point.

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:49 am

HalloweenJack wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:40 am It was a general question. He has clearly read social media and I wonder if he has come across this forum. It was also a genuine point about an age limit about this forum. I mean you can hardly call this website child friendly can you?
You have suggested I have complained? No I haven’t Ive merely made a point.
The content on here is no worse than what you see on Twitter or Facebook, the platforms where Bennett was presumably "abused" on. I put abused in quotation marks, as Bennett has not revealed to the best of my knowledge the content of the negative comments he received.

Who knows....

Who cares.....

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:50 am

Most kids I know would consider this very tame

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:42 am

Randall wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:50 am Most kids I know would consider this very tame
I'm not going to ask.

“I don’t want you lumbering me with some old bow-wow who don’t know the difference between a Liebfraumilk and a can of Tizer!“

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:45 am

Randall wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:50 am Most kids I know would consider this very tame
He is going to be under a lot of scrutiny. Fast forward to Jan 2022 when I assume he will attend Q school. The pressure he will be under will be intense and all eyes will be on him. I am sure he will be advised to not look at social media.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:04 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:45 am
He is going to be under a lot of scrutiny. Fast forward to Jan 2022 when I assume he will attend Q school. The pressure he will be under will be intense and all eyes will be on him. I am sure he will be advised to not look at social media.
I still prefer him to wade

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:05 pm

Assuming he is a) still interested, and b) still decent by then.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:07 pm

Jimmi wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:42 am
I'm not going to ask.
Parents are worse mind

Tommo

Post by Tommo » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:22 pm

Have you seen who he is surrounded by and who he plays for?
They're all here!

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:21 pm

The one thing this thread demonstrates is band boy jack and Bennet are the same age.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:08 am

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:58 pm From memory of the first video, his dad tries to make it all about him, tries to get onto the stage, tells the announcer to fuck off, and then gets a bollocking from the lady on the mic in the video.

Apparently, Leighton is home schooled. That generally tells you everything you need to know about someone. Either means his parents are hippies, or he is a little shit that has been booted out of a school or two.
It means the whole family are likely banking on him being their meal ticket and can't have school getting in the way of practice and high profile exhibitions and keeping lucrative sponsors happy.
Michael "Bully Boy" Smith REIGNING Shanghai Darts Master

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:55 pm

From TSOD:

fling wrote:
For all the Leighton Bennet haters on here I think you would like to know that he give it the big one against Hine when taking out an 82 finish even though he only scored 78. He was slightly confused when game shot wasn't called.

Zapp Brannigan:
He’s started playing the weekly comps in town a bit and the consensus is he’s no different there

Who knows....

Who cares.....