PDC Autumn Series

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
thegentle

Re: PDC Autumn Series

Post by thegentle » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:56 pm

vizIIsto wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:49 pm
thegentle wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:39 pm
The Thorn wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:52 am With all the recent wanking over him, I'd wait to see if he can do anything on TV. We already have more than enough floor warriors.
The issue with him up until recently was that he could do it at the Worlds, but not on the floor. Definitely doesn't seem like someone who'd shit himself on TV

Really?
Erm, you've shown me two non-televised events there! Wouldn't call a miscount as 'shitting yourself', especially when it's something you do off the TV, and sometimes you miss clumps of doubles. He often plays well at the World Cup when usually playing with an absolute jobber, and he showed plenty of steel after the Wayne Jones game to keep his tour card. If you go back further, he's had other decent runs at the Worlds too, even when he was a prelimmer

vizIIsto

Post by vizIIsto » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:13 pm

thegentle wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:56 pm
The Thorn wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:52 am With all the recent wanking over him, I'd wait to see if he can do anything on TV. We already have more than enough floor warriors.
The issue with him up until recently was that he could do it at the Worlds, but not on the floor. Definitely doesn't seem like someone who'd shit himself on TV

Really?
Erm, you've shown me two non-televised events there! Wouldn't call a miscount as 'shitting yourself', especially when it's something you do off the TV, and sometimes you miss clumps of doubles. He often plays well at the World Cup when usually playing with an absolute jobber, and he showed plenty of steel after the Wayne Jones game to keep his tour card. If you go back further, he's had other decent runs at the Worlds too, even when he was a prelimmer
If there are cameras and it's on a stage with a crowd, it's a TV stage. You could also claim World Series events are not TV for that matter.

The runs Petersen had, like cannibal and Thorn said, were very favorable draws. Pipe and Beaton - who never gets far at the worlds - hard? 2018 hard? Anyone could have done the same.
He's mostly underperformed on stage so far, yet most people claim he's a stage player. He's starting to show now what damage he can do but he has yet to prove he can do it when everyone is watching.

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:33 pm

vizIIsto wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:13 pm
thegentle wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:56 pm

Really?
If there are cameras and it's on a stage with a crowd, it's a TV stage. You could also claim World Series events are not TV for that matter.

The runs Petersen had, like cannibal and Thorn said, were very favorable draws. Pipe and Beaton - who never gets far at the worlds - hard? 2018 hard? Anyone could have done the same.
He's mostly underperformed on stage so far, yet most people claim he's a stage player. He's starting to show now what damage he can do but he has yet to prove he can do it when everyone is watching.
What station do you watch Euro Tour events on then?

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:38 pm

1. Euro Tour is not TV.

2. I'd disagree that he has underperformed so far, simply he was never a good player to begin with. Apart from this year's floor form he was always a below par card holder who wouldn't have been anywhere near majors if it wasn't for his nationality.

3. Miscounting is not shitting yourself, so I agree with Gentle, there's little to suggest he doesn't have the bottle.

4. I still think his WC runs were mostly lucky and not that impressive. The field is so big that you get a lot of useless players and upsets in the first few rounds.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

vizIIsto

Post by vizIIsto » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:37 am

Still struggling to see Devon as someone who has bottle.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:33 pm

Randall wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:10 pm
thegentle wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:08 pm
Randall wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:05 pm Devon will learn from that I'm sure
miguelking wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:05 pm SILLY cunt but there is always tomorrow . THE TREND IS UP
Yeah, it's coming, he'll win one of these before long. He'll be devastated at this, but at least that's his Grand Prix place sewn up, made a great start towards the Matchplay next year too
Been to the hill
Will know what it feels like now
Got to pay your dues
Listen to your Uncle Randall.
not a girl

Safc

Post by Safc » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:39 pm

vizIIsto wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:37 am Still struggling to see Devon as someone who has bottle.
Any Luck ?

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:48 pm

Safc wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:39 pm
vizIIsto wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:37 am Still struggling to see Devon as someone who has bottle.
Any Luck ?
We could be here a while making 'Any luck?' posts relating to Devon opinions... as though I would do such things!

The Dimitri ones were good too. We all make mistakes... look at Chizzyfan.
not a girl