Threads Worth Preserving
Fiss Plaps

Re: 2020 Indigoat Howlers ~ Under A Mushroom Cloud

Post by Fiss Plaps » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:56 pm

whereisman wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:48 pm
Rogg wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:53 pm
SuperSwede wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:22 pm
whereisman wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:07 pm
When I have seen Kenny play, admittedly not often as BDO aren't on TV that much, he's been dog shit. Maybe he is better than I've seen of him, but I wouldn't expect to keep a card from what I've seen.
He is inconsistent due to his action but is only 26 and i would say will definitely go up a level playing against better players.
Kenny has a long history on the Development Tour, going back so far that he played MVG on it when it was called something else. Kenny won two events, nothing spectacular. He was no Dean Reynolds, ahem. Funny seeing some of the names.
http://www.dartsdatabase.co.uk/PlayerDe ... yerResults

Bout time he went back to the PDC really. This was his first Q-School and he was fantastic at the crunch yesterday. Interesting to see what happens to him.
Not being Dean Reynolds doesn't make him any good. Or was this when Dean Reynolds looked like he might be good?
Rogg means when Reynolds turned down a Tour Card back in 2016 having annihilated the Development Tour: https://www.pdc.tv/development-tour-order-merit

His game absolutely fell apart after it, save for one decent match against Waites at the 2018 Lakeside.
2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

whereisman

Post by whereisman » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:05 pm

Fiss Plaps wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:56 pm Rogg means when Reynolds turned down a Tour Card back in 2016 having annihilated the Development Tour: https://www.pdc.tv/development-tour-order-merit

He's never recovered from it.
So it was from when it looked like he was going to be good! Just didn't directly mention the tour card fiasco. So don't be Dean Reynolds even if when he looked decent, because you'll make disastrous decisions.

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:45 pm

whereisman wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:05 pm
Fiss Plaps wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:56 pm Rogg means when Reynolds turned down a Tour Card back in 2016 having annihilated the Development Tour: https://www.pdc.tv/development-tour-order-merit

So it was from when it looked like he was going to be good! Just didn't directly mention the tour card fiasco. So don't be Dean Reynolds even if when he looked decent, because you'll make disastrous decisions.
Absolute madness! I can kinda understand someone who finishes way down on the DT rankings and gets a card through others ahead already being on the tour, but Dean Reynolds was every bit as dominant as Ted Evetts last year! What on earth made him think that he couldn't compete on tour with that kind of form?

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:20 pm

thegentle wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:45 pm

Absolute madness! I can kinda understand someone who finishes way down on the DT rankings and gets a card through others ahead already being on the tour, but Dean Reynolds was every bit as dominant as Ted Evetts last year! What on earth made him think that he couldn't compete on tour with that kind of form?
Read from here and he ends up saying: "still working on my game. Won't be long 😜"...it all seems rather sad but he may not even care for we all know.
not a girl

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:25 pm

Rogg wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:20 pm

Read from here and he ends up saying: "still working on my game. Won't be long 😜"...it all seems rather sad but he may not even care for we all know.
Wasn't a forum nerd back then, was a tour card considered as much of a golden ticket then as it is now? Had some proper oddities clogging up the tour back then (Darth Maple included unfortunately)

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:41 pm

thegentle wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:25 pm Wasn't a forum nerd back then, was a tour card considered as much of a golden ticket then as it is now? Had some proper oddities clogging up the tour back then (Darth Maple included unfortunately)
No and that's a good point. Definitely not as golden in January 2017. PDC entry fees still in place. Plus Q-School still seemed a relatively straightforward proposition back then with numbers low and the BDO ban still in place for anyone who dared go, so not as daunting as it may be now.
not a girl

whereisman

Post by whereisman » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:37 pm

I'm sure some absolute mongoloid must have given him some 'advice' too.

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:02 pm

Love the fact that the howlers are still being added to, 8 days after official festivities finished.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:18 pm

Mabbsy wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:02 pm Love the fact that the howlers are still being added to, 8 days after official festivities finished.
There might be no thread next year so we have to milk this one
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:08 pm

Howlerwatch continues now and another kicking for Uncle D. Where's the prize money for this?

Andy Hamilton: It’s a relief to leave the BDO, I’m not expecting my World Championship prize money
https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/22/andy-ham ... -12095232/

‘The prize money is a kick in the teeth for everyone, the worst pay out in years [since 1989]. To be world champion, it’s a great trophy to have, but the trophy doesn’t pay all the bills.

‘A lot of people are struggling and don’t know where the future is. If I get paid I get paid, if I don’t I don’t, at worst I’ve only lost three grand.

‘It’s worse for the players that have won much more. If it arrives in my bank account then happy days, but I’m more leaning on the side that it won’t.’
not a girl

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:45 pm

What does steve make of it?

whereisman

Post by whereisman » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:08 pm

Randall wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:45 pm What does steve make of it?
Des said it was success, so that's good enough for him.

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:27 pm

I dont like Hamilton at all but fair play, great to read that he's piling in to the mayhem.

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:06 am

Mabbsy wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:27 pm I dont like Hamilton at all but fair play, great to read that he's piling in to the mayhem.
If he hadn't got a tour card he'd be crying a different story for his £3k and wanting solidarity from all players no doubt though. He should still be doing the same not only for his fellow players but also not to give an unethical company and director an easy out.
Michael "Bully Boy" Smith REIGNING Shanghai Darts Master

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:32 am

SuperSwede wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:06 am
Mabbsy wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:27 pm I dont like Hamilton at all but fair play, great to read that he's piling in to the mayhem.
If he hadn't got a tour card he'd be crying a different story for his £3k and wanting solidarity from all players no doubt though. He should still be doing the same not only for his fellow players but also not to give an unethical company and director an easy out.
Like the way they all stood with him at the 02 and spoke up you mean?
Fuck them.

trainer

Post by trainer » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:50 am

Fiss Plaps wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:56 pm
whereisman wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:48 pm
Rogg wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:53 pm
SuperSwede wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:22 pm
whereisman wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:07 pm
When I have seen Kenny play, admittedly not often as BDO aren't on TV that much, he's been dog shit. Maybe he is better than I've seen of him, but I wouldn't expect to keep a card from what I've seen.
He is inconsistent due to his action but is only 26 and i would say will definitely go up a level playing against better players.
Kenny has a long history on the Development Tour, going back so far that he played MVG on it when it was called something else. Kenny won two events, nothing spectacular. He was no Dean Reynolds, ahem. Funny seeing some of the names.
http://www.dartsdatabase.co.uk/PlayerDe ... yerResults

Bout time he went back to the PDC really. This was his first Q-School and he was fantastic at the crunch yesterday. Interesting to see what happens to him.
Not being Dean Reynolds doesn't make him any good. Or was this when Dean Reynolds looked like he might be good?
Rogg means when Reynolds turned down a Tour Card back in 2016 having annihilated the Development Tour: https://www.pdc.tv/development-tour-order-merit

His game absolutely fell apart after it, save for one decent match against Waites at the 2018 Lakeshite.
And who persuaded/advised Dean Reynolds to reject the Tour Card and remain in the BDO? Step forward Mr Paul James, awesome advice that, almost on a par with the bloke that told Ferdinand Zeppelin to fill up the Hindenburg with hydrogen.

Rogg

Re: To the 2020 Indigoat and beyond Howlers ~ a dinosaurs death throes

Post by Rogg » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:25 pm

trainer wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:50 amAnd who persuaded/advised Dean Reynolds to reject the Tour Card and remain in the BDO? Step forward Mr Paul James, awesome advice that, almost on a par with the bloke that told Ferdinand Zeppelin to fill up the Hindenburg with hydrogen.
Uncle Pauly, lol. I'm not saying his intention was evil but anybody resisting the P*C was a thrill. This was Fitton at the time:
Good to hear players wanting to do the BDO tour it's a lot harder than people think and the rewards are not about £'s they are experience and goals ! Gaining ranking points Winning Opens then hopefully Major Titles ! Great news that Glen and Dean are stopping at BDO !
One thing I want is for both BDO & EDO is put their differences aside and work together !
not a girl

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:37 pm

Fitton was happy to take the easy route as long as he was even remotely competitive. He wouldn't have been up Uncle Barry's arse recently if he had anything to lose
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:19 pm

They made Private Eye again this week.

Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

whereisman

Post by whereisman » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:58 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:19 pm They made Private Eye again this week.

You know you're a set of corrupt, incompetent bastards if you're in Private Eye.