GSOD 2019: PDC vs BDO Scorecard

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
M H
Site Admin

Re: GSOD 2019: PDC vs BDO Scorecard

Post by M H » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:50 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:46 pm
M H wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:41 pm
sennafan24 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:24 pm
Randall wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:19 pm So is duzza bdo or pdc?
I'm counting him as PDC.
Disagree mate. He's one of the eight from the BDO so should count for the BDO if he wins matches. Otherwise they only have seven from the eight in play
I counted Bunting as a PDC player in 2014.

As did Sky, if memory serves correctly.
Your comp your call mate. I simply disagree. If I remember correctly Bunting and Hankey as Lakeside qualifiers were classed as BDO scum
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:52 pm

M H wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:50 pm
I'm counting him as PDC.
Disagree mate. He's one of the eight from the BDO so should count for the BDO if he wins matches. Otherwise they only have seven from the eight in play

Your comp your call mate. I simply disagree. If I remember correctly Bunting and Hankey as Lakeshite qualifiers were classed as BDO scum
When he had a 'Stroke"?

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:54 pm

Randall wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:52 pm
M H wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:50 pm

I'm counting him as PDC.

Your comp your call mate. I simply disagree. If I remember correctly Bunting and Hankey as Lakeshite qualifiers were classed as BDO scum
When he had a 'Stroke"?
He qualified as a Lakeside semi finalist I think
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

Tommo

Post by Tommo » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:19 pm

Duzza's BDO forever.
They're all here!

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:04 am

sennafan24 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:55 pm
Rogg wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:48 pm For comparison of the first round of games which is always PDC seeds vs. BDO giants.
Across the last two years combined, the score is 14-2. No surprise to see who got the 2.
The other 14 BDO players won only 25 legs combined.
I can't remember who it was, but someone made the excuse last year that the BDO players were "just settling in" and that explained why they struggled on day 1 compared to day 2.
To make it fair and equal the order of the group games should be random. I don't think it's fair for the BDO players to always play the top guns first up and then be on the back foot from the off.
Michael "Bully Boy" Smith REIGNING Shanghai Darts Master

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:32 am

SuperSwede wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:04 am
Rogg wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:48 pm For comparison of the first round of games which is always PDC seeds vs. BDO giants.
Across the last two years combined, the score is 14-2. No surprise to see who got the 2.
I can't remember who it was, but someone made the excuse last year that the BDO players were "just settling in" and that explained why they struggled on day 1 compared to day 2.
To make it fair and equal the order of the group games should be random. I don't think it's fair for the BDO players to always play the top guns first up and then be on the back foot from the off.
That wouldn't be fair to those who have thrived in the PDC system and won ranking events. Those players deserved to be seeded above the BDO qualifiers and floor qualifiers because they have prospered at a higher level.
HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:25 am I will debate with anybody on here without becoming indignant and self righteous. I certainly never get angry.

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:20 am

BDO- he is one of the BDO (By PDC) picks so yes
The Thorn wrote: ↑Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:39 pm
Rather top myself than watch 1 minute of this shite

Thorn about Modus Super Series in 2021 - He now is an avid fan

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:38 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:32 am
That wouldn't be fair to those who have thrived in the PDC system and won ranking events. Those players deserved to be seeded above the BDO qualifiers and floor qualifiers because they have prospered at a higher level.
They are seeded into the groups, doesn't mean the games have to be played out in a certain order. CL football group games are not scheduled in that way either. I think it's done to suit the PDC as in 99% of cases it makes the BDO players effectively play two knockout games on the back of getting easily beaten by an elite PDC player.

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:56 pm

SuperSwede wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:38 pm They are seeded into the groups, doesn't mean the games have to be played out in a certain order. CL football group games are not scheduled in that way either. I think it's done to suit the PDC as in 99% of cases it makes the BDO players effectively play two knockout games on the back of getting easily beaten by an elite PDC player.
Again though, the PDC elite have earned the right to have a relatively easy game first. They have beaten the best in the world to qualify. The BDO players have not, for the most part. The CL league may not follow that format, but a heck of a lot of sports do.

If the BDO players lose their first game they play the other first-game loser in their second game, which is usually a PDC floor qualifier. This gives them a good chance to stay in contention. So it's not like the format is overly unfair to them.
HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:25 am I will debate with anybody on here without becoming indignant and self righteous. I certainly never get angry.

Captain Hobo

Post by Captain Hobo » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:21 pm

SuperSwede wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:38 pm
They are seeded into the groups, doesn't mean the games have to be played out in a certain order. CL football group games are not scheduled in that way either. I think it's done to suit the PDC as in 99% of cases it makes the BDO players effectively play two knockout games on the back of getting easily beaten by an elite PDC player.
I actually didn't even know they did that, shows how much attention I pay to the Grand Slam Group Stage.

According to Wikipedia the first year they did it was 2015. I know it's a PDC tournament but I still don't think it's fair to force the BDO Players to play the seeds in Game 1 every time.

Also, why the fuck do the PDC persist with the stupid system of winners and losers playing each other in Game 2, at the Grand Slam and Champions League? Does any other sport in the world do that? I seriously fucking hate it.

And why the fuck do they have it so 2 players from the same group can meet again in the Last 8? They should go into opposite halves.

(Hope Rogg is happy that all my whinging is out of the way early this year. :D)
"The United States will be the first nation to land an astronaut on Nars"

James Harrogate

Post by James Harrogate » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:35 pm

Captain Hobo wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:21 pm
SuperSwede wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:38 pm

I actually didn't even know they did that, shows how much attention I pay to the Grand Slam Group Stage.

According to Wikipedia the first year they did it was 2015. I know it's a PDC tournament but I still don't think it's fair to force the BDO Players to play the seeds in Game 1 every time.

Also, why the fuck do the PDC persist with the stupid system of winners and losers playing each other in Game 2, at the Grand Slam and Champions League? Does any other sport in the world do that? I seriously fucking hate it.

And why the fuck do they have it so 2 players from the same group can meet again in the Last 8? They should go into opposite halves.

(Hope Rogg is happy that all my whinging is out of the way early this year. :D)
+1 on everything, but especially the highlighted part. It makes no sense!

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:44 pm

Are people really having to ask why losers and winners play each other in the second game? :roll:
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:48 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:56 pm
SuperSwede wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:38 pm They are seeded into the groups, doesn't mean the games have to be played out in a certain order. CL football group games are not scheduled in that way either. I think it's done to suit the PDC as in 99% of cases it makes the BDO players effectively play two knockout games on the back of getting easily beaten by an elite PDC player.
Again though, the PDC elite have earned the right to have a relatively easy game first. They have beaten the best in the world to qualify. The BDO players have not, for the most part. The CL league may not follow that format, but a heck of a lot of sports do.

If the BDO players lose their first game they play the other first-game loser in their second game, which is usually a PDC floor qualifier. This gives them a good chance to stay in contention. So it's not like the format is overly unfair to them.
What makes you say they have earned the right to an easy first game? (the way you phrase it suggests you might not be looking at this from unbiased eyes). They have earned an advantage and that is to be seeded so to avoid being in a group with another top ranked guy, that should be the end of it.

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:33 pm

SuperSwede wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:48 pm What makes you say they have earned the right to an easy first game? (the way you phrase it suggests you might not be looking at this from unbiased eyes). They have earned an advantage and that is to be seeded so to avoid being in a group with another top ranked guy, that should be the end of it.
In addition to all of the reasons I previously mentioned, it's a PDC ranking event. The PDC elite have not only achieved a lot more to qualify than the BDO players, but their winnings in the event will have ramifications for their ranking and entry into future events. The BDO players' winnings do not count towards anything.

I don't see why the BDO players deserve any more than what they get. Their organisation doesn't run the event, they can qualify by achieving less, and the tournament doesn't count towards their ranking in the BDO, etc.

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:09 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:33 pm
SuperSwede wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:48 pm What makes you say they have earned the right to an easy first game? (the way you phrase it suggests you might not be looking at this from unbiased eyes). They have earned an advantage and that is to be seeded so to avoid being in a group with another top ranked guy, that should be the end of it.
In addition to all of the reasons I previously mentioned, it's a PDC ranking event. The PDC elite have not only achieved a lot more to qualify than the BDO players, but their winnings in the event will have ramifications for their ranking and entry into future events. The BDO players' winnings do not count towards anything.

I don't see why the BDO players deserve any more than what they get. Their organisation doesn't run the event, they can qualify by achieving less, and the tournament doesn't count towards their ranking in the BDO, etc.
Agree to disagree then, I don't see any merit to it. I get if it's a TV decision to kick off the groups with "the best of the PDC vs the best of the BDO" but other than that no justification in my eyes.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:16 pm

Maybe you could write in and complain and get a refund.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

StevieBoy

Post by StevieBoy » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:52 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:33 pm

Senna you are pissing in the Wind! lol

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:03 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:44 pm Are people really having to ask why losers and winners play each other in the second game? :roll:
Quite. Imagine if every group had a stone cold dead 4-4-0-0 points allocation heading into phase 3. I'd go and live in the woods with Wynand Havenga.
not a girl

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:10 pm

Rogg wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:03 pm
The Ginge Reaper wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:44 pm Are people really having to ask why losers and winners play each other in the second game? :roll:
Quite. Imagine if every group had a stone cold dead 4-4-0-0 points allocation heading into phase 3. I'd go and live in the woods with Wynand Havenga.
+1

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:01 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:56 pm

Since 2015

BDO Players wins over the PDC top 8

2015: Martin Adams 5-2 Ian White
2016: Scott Mitchell 5-2 Adrian Lewis
2016: Danny Noppert 5-3 Mensur Suljovic
2017: Glen Durrant 5-2 Peter Wright
2018: Glen Durrant 5-1 Simon Whitlock
The Thorn wrote: ↑Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:39 pm
Rather top myself than watch 1 minute of this shite

Thorn about Modus Super Series in 2021 - He now is an avid fan