PDC Calendar 2020

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
thegentle

Re: PDC Calendar 2020

Post by thegentle » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:59 pm

Fiss Plaps wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:45 pm
Captain Hobo wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:16 pm 12 European Tour Events, 1 less than this year

7 in Germany
1 each in Austria, Netherlands, Gibraltar and Hungary
1 TBC

Champions League and World Series Finals both move forward
At what point do they just scrap "European" from the name and just hold all the events in Germany. Clearly PDC Europe don't want to diversify it if they're putting over half of the events there.

If it needs to stick to 12, I would put 4 in Germany, 2 in Netherlands, 2 in Austria, 1 each in Belgium and Gibraltar, 1 in an Eastern European country and 1 in a Nordic/Baltic country. Still means that while Germany is the biggest, you've got 7 countries involved, one more than what it seems it looks like here.

Amazes me that there still hasn't been a Euro Tour event in Belgium. I know the Euros were there for 3 years but to have never had a ET event is rather puzzling.
PDC Europe is basically an offshoot of the old German Darts Corporation system that gave Suljovic his first taste of PDC darts, right?

Rogg

Re: PDC Calendar 2020

Post by Rogg » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:15 pm

Matt Porter sounding like a dalek.

On the topic of next year's calendar and various other things. Nothing very juicy so don't raise your hopes and blame me for it. From 14:30.

not a girl