darts

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
fandarts

darts

Post by fandarts » Sat May 18, 2019 6:40 pm

or ye not sick of it yet? et 879, players champ7543 -4 months of premier league shit,hnq1 might make round 3,has your love of the game waned by all this pdc bastardizing of the game? really is a shadow of the game it once was
Justin Credible wrote:all jail the pdc

LAUGHING AT THE PDC SINCE 1993

Dreammaker

Re: darts

Post by Dreammaker » Sat May 18, 2019 6:53 pm

No

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Sat May 18, 2019 7:07 pm

These drunkards are segregated into two groups – the “stands” and the “tables” – and are locked in battle for four hours or more where they trade insults about their assumed economic backgrounds. Every 20 minutes or so, those differences are put aside so they can bellow a tedious chorus of: “Stand up if you love the darts!” – somewhat surprising considering it doesn’t appear they have actually watched any darts since their arrival.

Worse than the allowance of unruly “supporters” however is the alienation of the true darts fan. Many are no longer willing to part with their hard-earned cash to sit in these pits. It was only in 2011 when a man was convicted for assault due to his behaviour at a Premier League night. In the same season Adrian Lewis was subject to physical abuse, when members of a Scottish crowd threw coins at him while he was at the oche. Phil Taylor was also spat on during his walk-on, at the same Glaswegian venue two years later. Not to mention the majority of Premier League evenings finish up with grown men hurling full pints at one another. Despite being a darts fanatic I have no desire to set foot in these arenas, this is not the sport I grew to love.

A reversal in the PDC’s direction is unlikely, I would argue impossible if it continues in its current form. The only prospect of change would be the bubble bursting, something darts has suffered previously with devastating consequences. However, appealing to a demographic who come to darts event to not watch darts is dangerous. When the new fad ultimately comes along and these “fans” up sticks to somewhere else, the PDC will be left with swathes of empty seats the forgotten fans will not fill. This already looks to be happening at the World Grand Prix, with the CityWest Hotel in Dublin looking concerningly empty at times, particularly for the final.

But overall I fail to see anything than a bleak long-term future. Hearn, for all his business acumen, has created an unstable monster. There may be more money in the game than ever before but at what cost? As Freddie Wilde wrote about cricket, the fans are the sellsword, and those in charge should ignore them at their peril. The same can be applied to darts. Hearn labeled me and others pretentious for raising the issues and injustices within the game. I would advise him to remember this: when darts hits the next inevitable wane, it won’t be us who deserts it.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Sat May 18, 2019 7:15 pm

fandarts wrote:or ye not sick of it yet? et 879, players champ7543 -4 months of premier league shit,hnq1 might make round 3,has your love of the game waned by all this pdc bastardizing of the game? really is a shadow of the game it once was
Are you drunk?
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Sat May 18, 2019 8:41 pm

fandarts wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:40 pm or ye not sick of it yet? et 879, players champ7543 -4 months of premier league shit,hnq1 might make round 3,has your love of the game waned by all this pdc bastardizing of the game? really is a shadow of the game it once was
Hello R-o-b-s-o-n
HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:09 pm
Randall wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:05 pm Dulla has never faced anything like Taylor in top gear.
Maybe he could have dragged Taylor down, we will never know.