World Series 2019

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
oche balboa

Re: World Series 2019

Post by oche balboa » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:39 pm

Rogg wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:26 pm
oche balboa wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:47 pm The World Series should be a Celebration of all the players that currently playing in the PDC regional tours. Players like Asada, Darius, Campbell, Puna should be included as they are the leading players within their region, There would be ample qualifying spots for the Tour Card Holders anyway
I would pee everywhere if they apply your idea to the Grand Slam instead and kick out all the BDO players to implement it.
They aren't going to do that.....yet
The Thorn wrote: ↑Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:39 pm
Rather top myself than watch 1 minute of this shite

Thorn about Modus Super Series in 2021 - He now is an avid fan

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:41 pm

Ratajski is unlucky

The Thorn wrote: ↑Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:39 pm
Rather top myself than watch 1 minute of this shite

Thorn about Modus Super Series in 2021 - He now is an avid fan

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:43 pm

Aspinall, Whitlock, Clemens and Kando fair enough, but I'd be feeling very hard done by if I were one of the other World Series players from this year

Safc

Post by Safc » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:53 pm

Who the fuck thought Whitlock and K Anderson deserve a place they have been rancid all year

For me should have been

Chisnall
Aspinall
Ratajski
Cullen
Durrant
Hughes
JDZ
de Sousa

JH01

Post by JH01 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:03 pm

Safc wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:53 pm Who the fuck thought Whitlock and K Anderson deserve a place they have been rancid all year

For me should have been

Chisnall
Aspinall
Ratajski
Cullen
Durrant
Hughes
JDZ
de Sousa
Of all those, only Aspinall played in the World Series this year.

Whitlock did make a semi-final in one of the events, so he's more deserving of a place in the finals than the others on your list, although yes, he's been poor on TV and in the PCs this year.
Last edited by JH01 on Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:04 pm

Safc wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:53 pm Who the fuck thought Whitlock and K Anderson deserve a place they have been rancid all year

For me should have been

Chisnall
Aspinall
Ratajski
Cullen
Durrant
Hughes
JDZ
de Sousa
I mean at least they're high enough on the World Series OoM so it's not come out nowhere. Literally no basis on merit for the Dutch lads or Chisnall, it really sounds like they just made their minds up at the weekend

Emulsfier

Post by Emulsfier » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:06 pm

KAndo and the three dutch have no business being invited. Asp and Clemens for sure deserve it and Chisnall and Whitlock i will grudgingly agree with.
Boring Brendas number one and (almost) only fan.

Smithys number one and (definitely not) only hater.

Safc

Post by Safc » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:07 pm

thegentle wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:04 pm

For me should have been

Chisnall
Aspinall
Ratajski
Cullen
Durrant
Hughes
JDZ
de Sousa
I mean at least they're high enough on the World Series OoM so it's not come out nowhere. Literally no basis on merit for the Dutch lads or Chisnall, it really sounds like they just made their minds up at the weekend
Yeah but them players were not invited in the first place to play at any of the events Whitlock and Kando only get picked cause they have multiple events down under are people realy gonna say Whitlock and Kando deserve a place over multiple title winning players?

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:08 pm

For me should have been

Chisnall
Aspinall
Ratajski
Cullen
Durrant
Hughes
JDZ
de Sousa
No doubt Glen would have been in had he got to the final on Saturday, like Chizzy did.

I don't get why they scrapped using the players from the WSoD Order of Merit. I know the whole thing's invitational but it just seems pointless to have it and then only take the top 8 from it.
2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:12 pm

Safc wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:07 pm

For me should have been

Chisnall
Aspinall
Ratajski
Cullen
Durrant
Hughes
JDZ
de Sousa
Yeah but them players were not invited in the first place to play at any of the events Whitlock and Kando only get picked cause they have multiple events down under are people realy gonna say Whitlock and Kando deserve a place over multiple title winning players?
Yeah, at the very least they should spread the World Series around a bit, I'd scrap the German one, have two in NA (US and Canada), two in Asia (probably would be Japan and China but HK/Macau or Philippines would be good too) and then two in Australasia. Eventually they'll come round to scrapping invites altogether, but I'm not sure how

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:14 pm

Fiss Plaps wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:08 pm

For me should have been

Chisnall
Aspinall
Ratajski
Cullen
Durrant
Hughes
JDZ
de Sousa
No doubt Glen would have been in had he got to the final on Saturday, like Chizzy did.

I don't get why they scrapped using the players from the WSoD Order of Merit. I know the whole thing's invitational but it just seems pointless to have it and then only take the top 8 from it.
I think that's where they got Whitlock, Kando, Aspinall and Clemens from tbf. Not enough anyway, Nico Kurz and Schindler beat Gando and MvG and get fuck all as reward

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:14 pm

The seethe is on, its on the street.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Safc

Post by Safc » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:15 pm

thegentle wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:12 pm

For me should have been

Chisnall
Aspinall
Ratajski
Cullen
Durrant
Hughes
JDZ
de Sousa
Yeah, at the very least they should spread the World Series around a bit, I'd scrap the German one, have two in NA (US and Canada), two in Asia (probably would be Japan and China but HK/Macau or Philippines would be good too) and then two in Australasia. Eventually they'll come round to scrapping invites altogether, but I'm not sure how
So going of your plan the invited players would be

Aspinall
Whitlock
Clemens
K Anderson
Robb
Puha
Kurz
Schindler

Safc

Post by Safc » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:16 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:14 pm The seethe is on, its on the street.
Just me lol

that list has been bungled together yesterday

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:16 pm

I see two possibilities for how the wildcards should have been.

Either get the best players in there who are also up and coming, preferably some youngsters. Then you have a lineup like Aspinall, JDZ, Chizzy, Duzza, De Sousa, Hughes, Dobey, Dimitri. That's how it was in the first few years I recall.

Or get the actual World Series players in there. So you'd have Aspinall, Clemens, Schindler, Whitlock, Heta, Harris, Baggish, Gates. Something like that, similar to last year.

This solution does neither really. Simply parachuting in Noppert and Wattimena who have done fuck all to merit it, just because the event is in Amsterdam, is pure wrong.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:18 pm

thegentle wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:14 pm
Fiss Plaps wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:08 pm I don't get why they scrapped using the players from the WSoD Order of Merit. I know the whole thing's invitational but it just seems pointless to have it and then only take the top 8 from it.
I think that's where they got Whitlock, Kando, Aspinall and Clemens from tbf. Not enough anyway, Nico Kurz and Schindler beat Gando and MvG and get fuck all as reward
In that case, fair. But I agree with you regarding those players who beat PDC representatives and got nothing from it.
2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

Safc

Post by Safc » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:18 pm

The Thorn wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:16 pm I see two possibilities for how the wildcards should have been.

Either get the best players in there who are also up and coming, preferably some youngsters. Then you have a lineup like Aspinall, JDZ, Chizzy, Duzza, De Sousa, Hughes, Dobey, Dimitri. That's how it was in the first few years I recall.

Or get the actual World Series players in there. So you'd have Aspinall, Clemens, Schindler, Whitlock, Heta, Harris, Baggish, Gates. Something like that, similar to last year.

This solution does neither really. Simply parachuting in Noppert and Wattimena who have done fuck all to merit it, just because the event is in Amsterdam, is pure wrong.
This 100%

Emulsfier

Post by Emulsfier » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:18 pm

Thorn is bang on.
Boring Brendas number one and (almost) only fan.

Smithys number one and (definitely not) only hater.

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:27 pm

Safc wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:15 pm

For me should have been

Chisnall
Aspinall
Ratajski
Cullen
Durrant
Hughes
JDZ
de Sousa

Aspinall
Whitlock
Clemens
K Anderson
Robb
Puha
Kurz
Schindler
Something like that, yeah. Been a good year for the non-TC holders even apart from Heta, massive shame to shut them out

Safc

Post by Safc » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:32 pm

thegentle wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:27 pm
Safc wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:15 pm

Aspinall
Whitlock
Clemens
K Anderson
Robb
Puha
Kurz
Schindler
Something like that, yeah. Been a good year for the non-TC holders even apart from Heta, massive shame to shut them out
I agree with that bud what i don't agree with is Whitlock and Kando they have been shit all year and are only on the oom in the first place because there are multiple events down under for me Ratajski and Durrant are more deserving because they have performed all year