Players Championships 2019

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
miguelking

Re: Players Championships 2019

Post by miguelking » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:20 pm

Cooking with Sanchez wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:10 pm
miguelking wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:59 pm
Cooking with Sanchez wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:52 pm
miguelking wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:31 pm
Mabbsy wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:11 pm I guess we're not going to have a Wattimena appreciation thread then ?

Good call.
FUCKIN RODENT CAPYABARA
Is that anything like a capybara?
No where else to post since trollsrus went down the shitter?
Plenty, thanks. Nowhere is one word, by the way.
THANK you

Cinnamon Bun

Post by Cinnamon Bun » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:51 pm

The Thorn wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:37 pm
Cinnamon Bun wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:27 am Tbh I like Wattimena and he's one of the best up and coming stars in darts but the thing that's stopping him from progessing is that he gets too hyped up with the crowd which leads him to(half the time)make a lot of silly mistakes at the oche.

A prime example of this was his game against Durrant at the Grand Prix where he missed quite a few darts for the set on a number of occasions which consequently cost him the match.

This was exactly what Van Gerwen was like when he was young so maybe if Wattimena takes a page out of Van Gerwen's book then maybe one day he could go on to great things like his world cup team mate.
He's crap, no chance. Biggest problem is inconsistency in his game, especially on the doubles. Which has a lot to do with his fast throwing style. Unless he changes that (and a complete change would most likely hinder him even further) he will do fuck all.
With the talent he's got though he deserves to at least win a few pro tour, euro tour, world series and world cup titles in his career
One of the many members of the "get Chris Mason off comentary" institution.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:53 pm

Cinnamon Bun wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:51 pm
With the talent he's got though he deserves to at least win a few pro tour, euro tour, world series and world cup titles in his career
Was this post meant for the DBG thread?
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:13 pm

Cinnamon Bun wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:27 am Tbh I like Wattimena and he's one of the best up and coming stars in darts but the thing that's stopping him from progessing is that he gets too hyped up with the crowd which leads him to(half the time)make a lot of silly mistakes at the oche.

A prime example of this was his game against Durrant at the Grand Prix where he missed quite a few darts for the set on a number of occasions which consequently cost him the match.

This was exactly what Van Gerwen was like when he was young so maybe if Wattimena takes a page out of Van Gerwen's book then maybe one day he could go on to great things like his world cup team mate.
He's crap, no chance. Biggest problem is inconsistency in his game, especially on the doubles. Which has a lot to do with his fast throwing style. Unless he changes that (and a complete change would most likely hinder him even further) he will do fuck all.
He deserves fuck all as long as he doesn't deliver. He may have talent but so have dozens of other players. That's totally irrelevant. He will win a few Pro Tours I reckon, wouldn't bet on the rest. Hopefully De Zwaan makes sure we won't have to watch him in the World Cup. And I would say the same if I didn't hate the cunt. He just never shown anything promising, or at least there are way too many players who do the same or more.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

SolidSCB

Post by SolidSCB » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:19 pm

He'd only win a Pro Tour if the top few seeds decided to fuck that weekend off.

About as unremarkable as a darts player gets. Attitude aside.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:21 pm

SolidSCB wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:19 pm He'd only win a Pro Tour if the top few seeds decided to fuck that weekend off.

That happens quite often though. With 30 events a year, there's no reason mediocre jobbers can't pick up titles. Dolan, and the like.

Safc

Post by Safc » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:25 pm

The Thorn wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:21 pm
SolidSCB wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:19 pm He'd only win a Pro Tour if the top few seeds decided to fuck that weekend off.

That happens quite often though. With 30 events a year, there's no reason mediocre jobbers can't pick up titles. Dolan, and the like.
This Josh Payne aswell won 2 floor titles but just hasn't progressed

SolidSCB

Post by SolidSCB » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:26 pm

Plenty of plodders waiting to pick him off even if that did happen. I wouldn't even back him against Dolan in a PT final.

Just don't get the hype. Seems like anyone who hasn't been overexposed and taken 15 humpings off MVG yet is the next big thing. Until they aren't.

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:46 pm

I'm amazed Wattimena is as high as 17th on the Order of Merit really. Does incredibly well at not losing in the first round of PCs & ETs though.

I know we moan about Michael Smith being top 4 having never won a major, but Wattimena could be top 16 having never won a single PDC title of any kind.
2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:32 pm

he deserves nothing until he makes it happen and I don't like the guy but I agree with you on that he is better than he's seemingly rated here. Wildly inconsistent but just look at his Anderson match at the 2018 Worlds to see what he is capable of.
Michael "Bully Boy" Smith REIGNING Shanghai Darts Master

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:48 pm

He's done pretty well of late, so I'll give him that. Still prefer de Zwaan and hope he can usurp him for Dutch #2 (Wattimena just hanging in the race to the World Cup though there is much to play for yet)

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:06 pm

Fiss Plaps wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:46 pm I'm amazed Wattimena is as high as 17th on the Order of Merit really. Does incredibly well at not losing in the first round of PCs & ETs though.

I know we moan about Michael Smith being top 4 having never won a major, but Wattimena could be top 16 having never won a single PDC title of any kind.
Didn't Van de Pas somehow manage to get into the top ten a while back ? If he could do it then there's hope for a lot of them I guess.

vizIIsto

Post by vizIIsto » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:13 pm

Mabbsy wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:06 pm
Fiss Plaps wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:46 pm I'm amazed Wattimena is as high as 17th on the Order of Merit really. Does incredibly well at not losing in the first round of PCs & ETs though.

Didn't Van de Pas somehow manage to get into the top ten a while back ? If he could do it then there's hope for a lot of them I guess.
Top 10 I don't think so. I think it was more like 13th or 14th.
But you're right about the same thing possibly happening to Wattimena. I wouldn't be surprised.
Another name I could see this happen with for some reason seems to be Clayton. Has won a Pro Tour event this year but hasn't really done much damage in the Euro Tour or on TV.

Cooking with Sanchez

Post by Cooking with Sanchez » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:18 pm

BVDP didn't really start winning games on TV until he joined the PDC.
The Thorn wrote: Be honest Malt sometimes women deserve a slap or 2.

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:33 pm

Think the highest he got was #14

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:34 pm

vizIIsto wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:13 pm

Top 10 I don't think so. I think it was more like 13th or 14th.
But you're right about the same thing possibly happening to Wattimena. I wouldn't be surprised.
Another name I could see this happen with for some reason seems to be Clayton. Has won a Pro Tour event this year but hasn't really done much damage in the Euro Tour or on TV.
He did win the Euro Tour event in Austria last year tbf

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:07 pm

I said it about Van De Pas at the time, there is no way he can hold that position around the top 10, let alone progress further. His throw was fucked all day long and Wattimena is the same.

As for Clayton, he is somewhat similar to Wattimena but he won the Euro Tour event indeed, and proved his worth on TV more. He's a level or two above Jermaine. I'm a big Clayton fan but I think he may be too inconsistent to go much further than the fringes of the top 10.

Safc

Post by Safc » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:52 pm

The Thorn wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:07 pm I said it about Van De Pas at the time, there is no way he can hold that position around the top 10, let alone progress further. His throw was fucked all day long and Wattimena is the same.

As for Clayton, he is somewhat similar to Wattimena but he won the Euro Tour event indeed, and proved his worth on TV more. He's a level or two above Jermaine. I'm a big Clayton fan but I think he may be too inconsistent to go much further than the fringes of the top 10.
Clayton's peak is where he is now between 11-20 he will never be in the top 10 in my eyes

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:01 pm

I'd forgotten all about Benito van de serial killer

vizIIsto

Post by vizIIsto » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:08 pm

Randall wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:01 pm I'd forgotten all about Benito van de serial killer
He's called Cheato van de Pas.