Where would Glenn Durrant rank after two years in the PDC?

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO

If Glenn Durrant gets a tour card, where would he rank after two years in the PDC?

Number 1
5%
Top 5
4%
Top 10
23%
Top 16
32%
Top 25
18%
Top 32
11%
Outside the top 32
9%

Total votes: 57

thegentle

Re: Where would Glenn Durrant rank after two years in the PDC?

Post by thegentle » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:59 am

Rogg wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:19 pm I can see the fans taking him into their hearts.

What prospects of Glen appearing in the 2020 Premier League? Don't bother screaming at me.
Agreed, as long as he doesn't completely fuck up and has a half decent year (ie even if he's not quite in the seasonal top 10 list) I think he'll be in. Barney will presumably be gone by then, so there'll be nobody else who will be given preferential treatment ahead of Duzza I think

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:41 am

Steady on, fellas
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:09 am

The Thorn wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:41 am Steady on, fellas
I'm not saying he deserves a place in the Premier League, just that if he has a similar season to, say Cullen, White or Webster, that Durrant would get the nod

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:23 pm

M H wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:01 pm Top 25 at best.

He's already said on this site he'd be swallowed up in the PDC and there's no reason to think that will change.

Look at the last GS, he put in a decent average and unlike the BDO the opposition didn't fold. He'd be facing that week in and week out, and when under pressure he folds

He averaged the 3rd best in the tournament

More then “decent” but he got knocked out

Ryan Joyce got the the QF of the Worlds with a sub 90 average. Duzza is better

Durrant first year should just be Ally Pally, UK Open(He is already there) & Players. Everything else is a bonus
The Thorn wrote: ↑Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:39 pm
Rather top myself than watch 1 minute of this shite

Thorn about Modus Super Series in 2021 - He now is an avid fan

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:28 pm

And De Zwaan lost in the first round with a 106 average, what's the point?

I'd rather you say a number. Where will Durrant be 2/3 years later in the rankings?

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:35 pm

oche balboa wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:23 pm He averaged the 3rd best in the tournament

More then “decent” but he got knocked out

Ryan Joyce got the the QF of the Worlds with a sub 90 average. Duzza is better

Durrant first year should just be Ally Pally, UK Open(He is already there) & Players. Everything else is a bonus
1. He only played three games over a short format. And he lost 2 of those games.

2. Duzza is better than Joyce. But Joyce's run in the Worlds was very fluky. Unless he ups his game going forward, I can't see him doing much in other PDC majors.
HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:09 pm
Randall wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:05 pm Dulla has never faced anything like Taylor in top gear.
Maybe he could have dragged Taylor down, we will never know.

cidermaster

Post by cidermaster » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:32 pm

He walk into the top 3,000

Dining Room Darts

Post by Dining Room Darts » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:51 pm

Evening all, new to the forum so be gentle with me! I might be a bit biased being from the North East but I reckon Glenn can make the top 16 after 2 years. Good enough to give all but MVG and Gary Anderson a game. It won't be for the lack of trying.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:05 pm

Dining Room Darts wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:51 pm Evening all, new to the forum so be gentle with me! I might be a bit biased being from the North East but I reckon Glenn can make the top 16 after 2 years. Good enough to give all but MVG and Gary Anderson a game. It won't be for the lack of trying.
Welcome to the forum mate

I suspect it will be down to how well he can adapt to the new environment. Playing every weekend when your opponents constantly average 90+ is very different to what he's been used to. I don't think anyone disputes his ability, but we just can't be sure he will fulfil that potential. Also he's not young by any means so his form might just dip in a year or two.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:11 pm

Dining Room Darts wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:51 pm Evening all, new to the forum so be gentle with me! I might be a bit biased being from the North East but I reckon Glenn can make the top 16 after 2 years. Good enough to give all but MVG and Gary Anderson a game. It won't be for the lack of trying.
Welcome to the forum.
He has the game, it's going to be whether he has the mental ability to cope with it coming back.

Dining Room Darts

Post by Dining Room Darts » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:41 pm

Glenn's a bit different from most 'switchers' in that he's given up a well-paid job to concentrate on full-time darts so I'd guess the commitment is there and as he said, he can now practice more and improve from 90 up to 95 and compete with the best. It's going to be interesting and for us up here, we haven't had anyone to threaten the elite since the days of Doug 'The Crook Butcher' McCarthy. Showing my age there!

a massive zebra

Post by a massive zebra » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:42 am

Dining Room Darts wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:41 pm Glenn's a bit different from most 'switchers' in that he's given up a well-paid job to concentrate on full-time darts so I'd guess the commitment is there and as he said, he can now practice more and improve from 90 up to 95 and compete with the best. It's going to be interesting and for us up here, we haven't had anyone to threaten the elite since the days of Doug 'The Crook Butcher' McCarthy. Showing my age there!
Well actually his average average in BDO majors over the last couple of years is already comfortably above 95. But I agree with your general point. As a full time professional, he can devote more time to practice and achieve his full potential in order to give himself the best chance of competing with the best.

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:12 am

Being a full time professional doesnt mean his game will improve. Durrant may have reached his level

Personally i dont think this is the case
The Thorn wrote: ↑Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:39 pm
Rather top myself than watch 1 minute of this shite

Thorn about Modus Super Series in 2021 - He now is an avid fan

Gidra

Post by Gidra » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:59 am

oche balboa wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:12 am Being a full time professional doesnt mean his game will improve. Durrant may have reached his level

You don't think his game will improve or that he reached his level?

StevieBoy

Post by StevieBoy » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:19 pm

Gidra wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:59 am
oche balboa wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:12 am Being a full time professional doesnt mean his game will improve. Durrant may have reached his level

You don't think his game will improve or that he reached his level?
Whatever happens he'll be right

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:37 pm

I think Durrant does perhaps have a little bit more in the locker, but he's no spring chicken and has already been around the block for quite a few years at a high level. You never know though, who expected Suljovic or Wright to be among the best players in the world 5-10 years ago?

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:09 pm

To be fair, even as little as 5 years ago Suljovic was still hampered by just not being able to do the tour full-time. But even back then he already proved to be a handful for the upper-tier regulars in his limited PDC appearances and lots of people were musing "what if" about him. Probably few expected him capable of going as high as the top 5, but if you travelled back to those days and told people that Suljovic would turn into a regular top 16 guy, I don't think too many would be surprised.

And of course the big difference is that Suljovic already demonstrated his class against the PDC's best back then at least on a semi-regular basis. Durrant has nothing outside the GSOD so far.

skweezit

Post by skweezit » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:55 pm

top 25. I went conservative.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:31 pm

Seen a few on Twitter arguing for him to get a PL place if Gando pulls out, total fucking madness. Guy scraped a tourcard against a shitload of jobbers and yet to play on the tour.

Delusional gimps never cease to amaze me
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

StevieBoy

Post by StevieBoy » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:34 pm

M H wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:31 pm Seen a few on Twitter arguing for him to get a PL place if Gando pulls out, total fucking madness. Guy scraped a tourcard against a shitload of jobbers and yet to play on the tour.

Delusional gimps never cease to amaze me
I'd give it to Chizzy!