Tommy Cox

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
The Ginge Reaper

Tommy Cox

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:15 am

Dead.

Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

The Thorn

Re: Tommy Cox

Post by The Thorn » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:21 am

Damn, RIP Tommy Cox. Done so much for darts
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:33 am

A visionary.
Rip.

Wolflanternbumbag

Post by Wolflanternbumbag » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:39 am

RIP
YORKSHIRE GRIT

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:56 am

I have been alerted to the fact that Mr David Green has seen fit to post a private email from me to him on this public forum and add his comments as to what happened at the GSOD qualifier at Crawley.

As ever, there are two sides to every story and due to the interest and opinions expressed I feel justified in replying to Mr Green's assertions using the same medium.

Firstly, the exclusion has nothing whatsoever to do with anything Mr Green may have posted on this or any other Forum, it has however got it's roots in previous unpleasant encounters with this individual, notably at Villa Park.

I was made aware of an altercation between Mr Green and another player during the evening of the GSOD qualifier and asked PDC Security to keep an eye on the situation as one player was allegedly asking another player to go outside with him.

A little while later Mr Green appeared at the Registration kiosk and loudly interrupted a conversation I was involved in by shouting obscenely that he had been threatened by another player and what was I " f****ing going to do about it.

I told him that the first thing I would do was have him removed from the venue if he continued being aggressive, insulting and using obscene language.

I knew of the situation and that Security were watching it so I told him to put any complaint he had in writing.

Mr Green then left the area of the kiosk but not before again using an obscenity directed at me.

At this point Mr Green had not been excluded from the venue despite his atrocious and insulting behaviour.

The decision to exclude him was taken by Security not me and was done in the interests of public safety and his outrageous behaviour.

There was also the small matter of over 200 other players striving to do their best in the event, a cause not helped by the loud antics and obscenities of Mr Green.

His expulsion, although not immediately known to me, was fully supported by me in my position as Tournament Director.

His further suspension by me is within PDC rules provided that the non PDPA member is informed in writing of his / her exclusion.

I was told later that Mr Green was about to offer violence to Security but wisely refrained from doing so at the last minute.

He left still shouting loudly and offering his hopes, again loudly and obscenely, that he hoped that Tommy Cox would die of cancer.

I do not have to justify my actions to anyone but I will continue my efforts to keep PDC darts events trouble free and played in a convivial and orderly atmosphere.

I will not be entering into any further discussion on this subject but feel that I should make the facts clear to the Forum members as Mr Green has used the Forum to attempt to garner sympathy by painting himself an innocent in this situation.

No doubt he will have more to say, deny what I have said and attempt to justify his unacceptable behaviour and vicious statements.

I leave the Forum members to draw their own conclusions.

Tommy Cox
Tournament Director,
Professional Darts Corporation
He finally got his wish. Well done, Dave!
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:31 pm

Randall wrote:A visionary.
Rip.
+1.

A lynchpin in the early days of the PDC.

Monty will be pleased he'll be getting no more of these tweets:
2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:42 pm

Shame he couldnt last a couple more months to see it one more time.

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:48 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:Shame he couldnt last a couple more months to see it one more time.
Monty will have a good run now
The Thorn wrote: ↑Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:39 pm
Rather top myself than watch 1 minute of this shite

Thorn about Modus Super Series in 2021 - He now is an avid fan

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:29 pm

oche balboa wrote:
The Ginge Reaper wrote:Shame he couldnt last a couple more months to see it one more time.
Monty will have a good run now
:roll:

RIP Tommy Cox, did more for the modern game than most will ever realise.

Deadshot

Post by Deadshot » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:40 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:He finally got his wish. Well done, Dave!

Is the Dave Green in question DBG? Fucking hell

posthumious knighthood needed pronto for Tommy

For services to darts by breaking up the BDO monopoly

For services to darts by regularly sonning McLoyalty

For services to darts by exposing just how rotten the BDO leadership was even in the early days of the split, let alone when they started to wallow in irrelevency

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:58 pm

Deadshot wrote:
The Ginge Reaper wrote:He finally got his wish. Well done, Dave!

Is the Dave Green in question DBG?
Yes.

He copped a "lifetime" ban from the PDC for it, until he went grovelling back after TC retired and Graham Fairhurst overturned it. Dunno why, he hasnt entered anything PDC related since.

wintergardener

Post by wintergardener » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:41 pm

What would we be talking about without Cox and the rebels? Darts would have been like Speedway.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:53 pm

No doubt he was instrumental in the growth of the game to the unbelievable level of today. Wadegate was fun as well
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

PT13

Post by PT13 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:16 pm

Very sad news. Tommy Cox was brilliant at the time of the split (or 1992-1997 five-year war) when it looked like the WDC could go broke, a colossus in terms of high morale. He was Phil Taylor's manager in the 1990s and early 2000s, and Jocky Wilson's manager from the late 1980s to mid 1990s.

Professional darts owes Tommy Cox a huge amount.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:18 pm

PT13 wrote:Very sad news. Tommy Cox was brilliant at the time of the split (or 1992-1997 five-year war) when it looked like the WDC could go broke, a colossus in terms of high morale. He was Phil Taylor's manager in the 1990s and early 2000s, and Jocky Wilson's manager from the late 1980s to mid 1990s.

Professional darts owes Tommy Cox a huge amount.
Uncle Barry said as much earlier.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:57 pm

A minute of applause for Tommy Cox at the darts tonight:

not a girl

Wolflanternbumbag

Post by Wolflanternbumbag » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:10 pm

Founder of the game
YORKSHIRE GRIT

PT13

Post by PT13 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:47 pm

The day after the WDC rebels released a statement at the 1993 Embassy saying that they would only participate at the 1994 Embassy if it came under the auspices of the WDC, Sid Waddell gave an interview on the BBC saying that he largely agreed with what the WDC was saying, but that he felt that they were going too far by asking for sole control of the World Championship. At this time Sid was also working with the WDC with some MCing, and trying to get a darts tournament on the ITV regional channel Tyne-Tees.

After Sid's interview on the BBC, Tommy Cox shouted at Sid "What kind of man are you? Siding with us one minute and calling us greedy buggers the next". I thought it was harsh and funny when I read it, but it summed up the fighter that Tommy was. As far as he was concerned, the WDC were now at war with the BDO, and nothing was going to stop the WDC in future from becoming the professional darts organization. At one point, he needed to take out a £20,000 loan, or the WDC was going under financially.

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:59 am

PT13 wrote:The day after the WDC rebels released a statement at the 1993 Embassy saying that they would only participate at the 1994 Embassy if it came under the auspices of the WDC, Sid Waddell gave an interview on the BBC saying that he largely agreed with what the WDC was saying, but that he felt that they were going too far by asking for sole control of the World Championship. At this time Sid was also working with the WDC with some MCing, and trying to get a darts tournament on the ITV regional channel Tyne-Tees.

After Sid's interview on the BBC, Tommy Cox shouted at Sid "What kind of man are you? Siding with us one minute and calling us greedy buggers the next". I thought it was harsh and funny when I read it, but it summed up the fighter that Tommy was. As far as he was concerned, the WDC were now at war with the BDO, and nothing was going to stop the WDC in future from becoming the professional darts organization. At one point, he needed to take out a £20,000 loan, or the WDC was going under financially.
PT13 copying and pasting again :roll:

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:37 pm

RIP

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk