Tommy Cox

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
PT13

Re: Tommy Cox

Post by PT13 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:47 pm

Mabbsy wrote:
PT13 wrote:The day after the WDC rebels released a statement at the 1993 Embassy saying that they would only participate at the 1994 Embassy if it came under the auspices of the WDC, Sid Waddell gave an interview on the BBC saying that he largely agreed with what the WDC was saying, but that he felt that they were going too far by asking for sole control of the World Championship. At this time Sid was also working with the WDC with some MCing, and trying to get a darts tournament on the ITV regional channel Tyne-Tees.

After Sid's interview on the BBC, Tommy Cox shouted at Sid "What kind of man are you? Siding with us one minute and calling us greedy buggers the next". I thought it was harsh and funny when I read it, but it summed up the fighter that Tommy was. As far as he was concerned, the WDC were now at war with the BDO, and nothing was going to stop the WDC in future from becoming the professional darts organization. At one point, he needed to take out a £20,000 loan, or the WDC was going under financially.
PT13 copying and pasting again :roll:
I type what I've read and what I remember on TV.

cidermaster

Post by cidermaster » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:22 pm

RIP Tommy you are beyond important to the game of darts!

PS I will never forget how delighted he was when Jocky won his 2nd World Title in 89

Darts Secretary

Post by Darts Secretary » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:45 pm

RIP Tommy Cox, You helped make the PDC what is today. I hope they name a Major Trophy after him or have a Premier TV Major in tribute to this great darts man who help found the World Darts Council (WDC) now the PDC .

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:58 am

The Ginge Reaper wrote:
Deadshot wrote:
The Ginge Reaper wrote:He finally got his wish. Well done, Dave!

Is the Dave Green in question DBG?
Yes.

He copped a "lifetime" ban from the PDC for it, until he went grovelling back after TC retired and Graham Fairhurst overturned it. Dunno why, he hasnt entered anything PDC related since.
Funny how the copy of the email you have proudly posted all over the place and used on TSOD to try and stir shit with stated an 'indefinite' ban and not "lifetime" as you quote, First rule of shit stirring...make sure your facts are right before sticking your spoon in the pot!!

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:21 pm

The golden rule of shit stirring is: Don't leave your pot open for others to stick their spoon in.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

StevieBoy

Post by StevieBoy » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:49 pm

cannibal wrote:The golden rule of shit stirring is: Don't leave your pot open for others to stick their spoon in.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:50 pm

Also helps not to go wading in and allow the topic to die of natural causes, every comment simply perpetuates it
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life